ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 20th August
© REUTERS/Leon Neal (BRITAIN)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Goldmine Magazine Salutes "25 years of Tattoo You" Return to archive
13th August 2006 02:53 PM
Kilroy Has anyone read the Dave Thompson's "Getting Tattooed For You" piece in the Recent Goldmine. If so what do you think about the piece and is it acurate? What was left out if anything?
13th August 2006 05:18 PM
gotdablouse sounds interesting, no access to Goldmine here, can anyone offer a brief summary ?
14th August 2006 10:29 PM
Kilroy Here the teaser from Goldmine......... Dave Thompson, Getting Tattooed for you.
The Rolling Stones' Tattoo You: The instantly recognizable single "Start Me Up" created a stir, but does the rest of The Rolling Stones' outtake album Tattoo You live up to it? Goldmine goes back to 1972, when work on what became Tattoo You began in Kingston, Jamaica, to follow the history of an album that spent longer on top of the American chart than any previous Stones' LP.
14th August 2006 10:48 PM
Kilroy Well?
[Edited by Kilroy]
15th August 2006 12:29 PM
andrews27 What's the date/issue # on the Goldmine edition?
15th August 2006 06:07 PM
Kilroy [quote]andrews27 wrote:
What's the date/issue # on the Goldmine edition?
Just out Aug. 18th Vol 32 no 17 issue 680.
I downloaded the article, but did not post and was unable to pull any of the article except the teaser from the Home page. Plus I don't know the rights to such an article. I have a subsription and love the articles they ptrint from time to time. Can wait for the next issue Dylan and Harrison.
[Edited by Kilroy]
15th August 2006 06:40 PM
Saint Sway hey Kilroy

since you read Goldmine, I assume you know a thing or two about vinyl...

was wondering if you knew the monetary value of Stones albums? I have a great collection with all kinds of cool stuff like the original 3-D Satanic Majesties, the Sticky Fingers zipper, Thru the Past w/the cut edges, Exile w/the postcards, both Beggars covers, mono versions of some of their early records and even got an old picture disc from the 60s. And some out of print stuff like Stone Age and other underground releases.... some 45s... I've kept everything in mint condition. Just have no idea what any of its worth. I know I'd never sell any of them but was always curious.
15th August 2006 10:08 PM
Nasty Habits Sway, a really good Sticky Fingers is worth about $15. Exile w/the postcards could maybe bring $40, more likely $30. Satanic Majesties in Stereo w/3D cover, about $50 - 75, mono about $250. Some Girls w/the girls $10 or less. The value on the early mono LPs depends on the cover of the label.

Of course these would be sane store prices, or show prices, not necessarily book prices or what a collector in a bad way would lay down if he was impatient. And deals are always to be had on Ebay.

I really liked Goldmine's piece on their Black and Blue "period" and like their Stones coverage in general, so I will seek this out, so thanks, Kilroy.

16th August 2006 07:15 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Sway, a really good Sticky Fingers is worth about $15. Exile w/the postcards could maybe bring $40, more likely $30. Satanic Majesties in Stereo w/3D cover, about $50 - 75, mono about $250. Some Girls w/the girls $10 or less. The value on the early mono LPs depends on the cover of the label.

Of course these would be sane store prices, or show prices, not necessarily book prices or what a collector in a bad way would lay down if he was impatient. And deals are always to be had on Ebay.

I really liked Goldmine's piece on their Black and Blue "period" and like their Stones coverage in general, so I will seek this out, so thanks, Kilroy.

Thank you, I was going to give about the same quotes except I was going to say Priceless to me. By the way tell me the issue on the 'Black and Blue' I must have missed that.

[Edited by Kilroy]
17th August 2006 10:46 AM
Saint Sway thanks Nasty!!!

I was always curious about this. Though, I'll NEVER sell my Stones albums!!

I've got the original Electric Ladyland album w/the naked chicks. The out of print Hey Jude and some other cool collectors LPs that I'd sell one day. But not any of my Stones LPs.
17th August 2006 08:13 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
thanks Nasty!!!

I was always curious about this. Though, I'll NEVER sell my Stones albums!!

I've got the original Electric Ladyland album w/the naked chicks. The out of print Hey Jude and some other cool collectors LPs that I'd sell one day. But not any of my Stones LPs.

The thing about the price of these albums is that the big sellers do not retain very much value because their are alot of them. It's the ones that get pulled off the shelves and then are reissued that make the originals a little higher in value. The Famous Beatle Butcher cover is a great example. I tell you now the thing that's looking really interesting is the old 8 Track tapes. If you are interested in selling your Vinyl I suggest you get a cheap paperback book put out by Goldmine every year "What's It Worth" It has most albums valued at mint near mint and other. I have found it to be the Blue Book of records, remember Anything is only worth the value you and someone else puts on an object. People were going crazy a few years ago, to have those beanie babies. A record album is sometimes like a part of someones past, they want it to relive a better time they remember. That's cool, and it's what makes the dollar strong, I've got something I no longer cherish and someone else wants it. It's SOLD. Good Luck and hold on to your memories and let the Physical Things go.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)