ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Mobile stage - Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tim Ries interview in "Boston Herald" Return to archive
August 19th, 2005 07:49 AM
Gazza ... and the band's sax man has a lot to toot his horn about

By Bob Young

Friday, August 19, 2005

Saxophonist Tim Ries feels he has the greatest gig on earth: playing saxophone with the Rolling Stones.And he's happy to tell anyone why.

``They treat us with such respect, almost like royalty,'' Ries said about Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie. ``We're on the same planes as they are, in the same hotels. They treat us like they would like to be treated.''

Ries, part of the Stones' four-member horn section, has one more reason to be smiling. Last week, he released a jazz album called ``The Rolling Stones Project.'' It not only features a slew of pop and jazz stars, but also a few special guests named Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood.

Watts and Richards are acknowledged jazz heads, with drummer Watts having released a number of jazz albums.

``Charlie comes over to the horn section and asks us if we've heard this (jazz) record or that record,'' said Ries, who also plays keyboards with the Stones. ``And we had a rehearsal in Keith's room one night and he was listening to a CD of jazz stuff.''

On Ries'album, ``Gimme Shelter,'' ``Paint It Black'' and ``Ruby Tuesday'' get smoothly melodic arrangements from the saxman, whose guest list also includes Norah Jones, Bill Frisell and Sheryl Crow. On Sept. 20, he'll take a night off from touring with the Stones to return to Boston and lead his own band covering Stones stuff at the Regattabar.

``Playing (these songs) every night onstage with the Stones,'' he said, ``I've dissected them, listening to how Keith plays the harmonies, the way Mick sings the phrases. The more I play with them, the more I respect them. I thought this was the time to do the album.''
August 19th, 2005 08:02 AM
Jumacfly the guy is a good musician...he did a great job at Palais Royale on keyboards!
August 19th, 2005 08:58 AM
ListenToTheLion "The more I play with them, the more I respect them."

Should he say the same thing if they payed him nothing?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)