ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Mobile stage - Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My First Time Return to archive
August 18th, 2005 07:58 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I just read a post in which someone described the first time they ever haerd "Back of My Hand". I just reminded me of the first time I heard loads of Stones tunes.
I have made no secret of the fact that I am relatively new to the stones family circle. I only got into them after I bought 40 licks. However, the day I took that cd home and played it was the day my LIFE changed not just my music.
Gimme Shelter was the first song that really did something to me. My girlfriend wasnt feeling too gooad and was trying to sleep so I had to put on my headphones. I cranked it right up to the max and the song blew my mind. I found myself in some sort of trance, I was fixed on this booming sound and when it ended I was numb. It was a quite unbelievable experience.
Brown sugar made me want to move around and shake everything, which is quite a lot and it felt great to do that and feel good about it. Miss You was another song which just rocked my sould and Beast of Burden was the first song to really make me want to cry. I couldnt belive that a band with the rock n roll reputation such as the Stones could write a piece of music so deep.
I lived on that album for at least a month. I used to eat sleep work and fuck to that album and although its a greatest hits, its still my favourite Stones album because it was my first. Since then I have bought all the albums, all the dvds, all the posters, t shirts and I even got the set of bobble head dolls the other day. But my prized posesion is the 40 licks.
The Rolling Stones...Music that changes your life!
August 18th, 2005 08:01 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I just read a post in which someone described the first time they ever haerd "Back of My Hand". I just reminded me of the first time I heard loads of Stones tunes.
I have made no secret of the fact that I am relatively new to the stones family circle. I only got into them after I bought 40 licks. However, the day I took that cd home and played it was the day my LIFE changed not just my music.
Gimme Shelter was the first song that really did something to me. My girlfriend wasnt feeling too gooad and was trying to sleep so I had to put on my headphones. I cranked it right up to the max and the song blew my mind. I found myself in some sort of trance, I was fixed on this booming sound and when it ended I was numb. It was a quite unbelievable experience.
Brown sugar made me want to move around and shake everything, which is quite a lot and it felt great to do that and feel good about it. Miss You was another song which just rocked my sould and Beast of Burden was the first song to really make me want to cry. I couldnt belive that a band with the rock n roll reputation such as the Stones could write a piece of music so deep.
I lived on that album for at least a month. I used to eat sleep work and fuck to that album and although its a greatest hits, its still my favourite Stones album because it was my first. Since then I have bought all the albums, all the dvds, all the posters, t shirts and I even got the set of bobble head dolls the other day. But my prized posesion is the 40 licks.
The Rolling Stones...Music that changes your life!

Amen VS, get ready for your first tour !!!
August 18th, 2005 08:26 AM
exile My first was Rolled Gold in 1987... I also remember the day the stones changed my life

August 18th, 2005 08:29 AM
Jumacfly mine was hot rocks, I had decided to offer this "best of" to my parents for Xmas and one week later I was so impressed by the power and the sound of those greatest hits that the tape finished in my player and went out 2 months later
August 18th, 2005 08:46 AM
BILL PERKS CHRISTMAS DAY 1980-EMOTIONAL RESCUE!!
August 18th, 2005 08:52 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
CHRISTMAS DAY 1980-EMOTIONAL RESCUE!!

Exact day for me, too. Thanks Santa!
August 18th, 2005 09:23 AM
Zeeta Hearing Gimmie Shelter on Rocks off when I was 15, around 1996. SHiVeRS!!
August 18th, 2005 09:32 AM
Joey

I thought this thread was about someone doing you a favor ?

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
August 18th, 2005 09:45 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Oh no Jumacfly. I went to Paris to see the Stones on the Forty Licks Tour.
August 18th, 2005 10:13 AM
egon i bought the harlem shuffle single without really knowing who the stones were.
It was on sale, they had loads of them.
August 18th, 2005 10:48 AM
nankerphelge Always amazes me how regardless of when it hits you or howe it hits you -- it just hits you.

There is something magic about them.
Intoxicated and intoxicating!

I listened to Hot Rocks in a friend's basement somewhere around 1977. It was his brother's and we listened to the whole thing. I remember the groove of Mother's Lil' 'elper and Play With Fire -- the whole thing just grabbed me by the head and never let go.

I bought a new stereo not long after that -- and the first album I bought was Love You Live. Totally different feel, but still just amazing. Then Some Girls hit and it was off to the races -- just started hoarding Stones albums.

Three days!!

August 18th, 2005 10:48 AM
Gimme Shelter Back in '82, I won a copy of "Still Life" from the radio. Soon after that a friend of mine took his parents copy of "Out Of Our Heads" and gave it to me. Since then I've been hooked.
August 18th, 2005 10:57 AM
LadyJane Mine was visual...I like visual.

"Don Kirschner's Rock Concert"...circa 1973.

Totally mesmerized...laying on the floor in front of the TV with my mouth open.

Bought Goat's Head Soup.

Never been the same...........

LJ.

August 18th, 2005 11:19 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff
quote:
exile wrote:
My first was Rolled Gold in 1987... I also remember the day the stones changed my life

Ehi Exile!
me too , was that album , in 197 ??? hop I don't remember...but I remember the 45 record of I CAN GET NO of my father, italian edition, very good 'cause the B side was THE UNDER ASSISTANT WEST COAST PR MAN !!!!
August 18th, 2005 11:44 AM
voodoopug Seeing The 81 tour at age 4....one of my only memories from that long ago!
August 18th, 2005 01:47 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Seeing The 81 tour at age 4....one of my only memories from that long ago!

What about THIS one ?!?!

August 18th, 2005 01:55 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
egon wrote:
i bought the harlem shuffle single without really knowing who the stones were.
It was on sale, they had loads of them.

LOL. I got Dirty Work on CD in 1987 for Christmas. My life has never been the same since (mostly because I already had most albums on cassette tapes, copied by a friend of my parents in the 3 years prior to that).
August 18th, 2005 01:56 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

got Dirty Work on CD in 1987 for Christmas. My life has never been the same since

Dirty Work has that effect on people

August 18th, 2005 02:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Dirty Work has that effect on people

you are much loved joeykins!
August 18th, 2005 02:26 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you are much loved joeykins!

Puggy .....................................

Is it safe to assume that you like Sweaters ?!?!

August 18th, 2005 02:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Puggy .....................................

Is it safe to assume that you like Sweaters ?!?!

I love sweaters......so do these guys.....for my joey:

August 18th, 2005 02:37 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I love sweaters......so do these guys.....for my joey:

Bless You Puggy !

Enjoy the Stones :

http://www.red1blue7.1colony.com/about.html

Flacky Carson !

August 18th, 2005 02:49 PM
Fadeout_Freedom
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
CHRISTMAS DAY 1980-EMOTIONAL RESCUE!!

same for me too... on 8-TRACK TAPE...

...which had the big loud KER-CLUNK while it switched channels in the middle of "Send It To Me", and also during "Down In The Hole" ..

I still mentally 'hear' those ker-klunks even now on CD
August 18th, 2005 03:05 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Oh no Jumacfly. I went to Paris to see the Stones on the Forty Licks Tour.

ok!!
next time come to the south , the crowd is better and we got great strange things to drink
August 18th, 2005 03:17 PM
egon
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

ok!!
next time come to the south , the crowd is better and we got great strange things to drink

plus, there are always plenty of tickets....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)