ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Mobile stage - Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh, howe can... well, you know the rest! (SSC) Return to archive
August 18th, 2005 05:20 AM
Monkey Woman An policeman gets in trouble in Australia for mimicking Jagger (?) under hypnosis... to the sound of "Satisfaction". We're living under strange, strange skies...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Beattie-defends-Constable-Jagger/2005/08/17/1123958112297.html?oneclick=true

Beattie defends 'Constable Jagger'
August 17, 2005 - 3:00PM

Queensland Premier Peter Beattie has defended a police officer in trouble for dancing like Mick Jagger during a hypnotism show at the Ekka.

The uniformed constable was encouraged under hypnosis to imitate the Rolling Stones leader on stage on Tuesday to the sounds of the band's classic hit (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.

Bemused patrons watched as the officer pranced across the stage, threw his head back and forth and passionately played air-guitar.

His actions at the Royal Queensland Show had been referred to the state police Ethical Standards Command.

Mr Beattie on Wednesday said he believed there was no harm done.

"I'm the last person to be critical of anyone having a bit of fun," he said.

"If there's no harm done I mean I don't have a drama with it but there are standards within the police service.

"I've been known to appear with cardboard cutouts with tennis players so I'm the last to be critical of a police officer dancing around the stage at the Ekka."

Mr Beattie on Tuesday posed with cardboard cutouts of tennis ace Maria Sharapova as he announced her plans to contest the Australian Women's Hardcourt championships on the Gold Coast next year.

Wednesday's Ekka public holiday was the busiest day of the 10-day event at the Royal National Association (RNA) Showgrounds at Springhill, which wraps up on August 20.

© 2005 AAP
August 18th, 2005 05:28 AM
Jumacfly Amazing!!!!

Corgi, is it you ??
August 18th, 2005 05:31 AM
Poplar
wtf?
August 18th, 2005 06:36 AM
egon I'm in australia soon AND i do a great mick impression (when pissed). must go to one o these shows.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)