ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Mobile stage - Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My favorite Brits ! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 16th, 2005 11:59 PM
the good Mick and Keith are tied for first...
Charlie Watts
Winston Churchill
Benny Hill
Isaac Newton
The Bard
Queen Victoria
T.E. Lawrence
John Lennon
George Orwell
Charles Darwin
Jane Goodall
Margaret Thatcher
Tony Blair
John Cleese
Bertrand Russell
Benjamin Disraeli
Francis Drake
Eric Idle
H.G. Wells
George Harrison
Pete Townshend
Eleanor of Aquitaine
Bernard Montgomery
Michael Faraday
Alan Turing
Francis Crik
Eric Clapton
Austin Powers

August 17th, 2005 12:36 AM
pdog where's ray davies?
August 17th, 2005 01:37 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
pdog wrote:
where's ray davies?

In rock's pantheon.
August 17th, 2005 06:31 AM
Monkey Woman Yes, why not Britain? I just have to put these names at the top of my list:

J.R.R. Tolkien
Terry Pratchett
Eric J. Hobsbawm
Jonhattan Swift
Jane Austen
Emily Brontë
Andre Norton
Edith Nesbit
Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie, Stu
Eric Clapton
John Lennon
Ridley Scott
John Cleese
Eric Idle
Kenneth Branagh
Charles Darwin
Robin Skynner
Winston Churchill
August 17th, 2005 08:02 AM
J.J.Flash Jay loves the brits. There are only good brits all over...
August 17th, 2005 08:07 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Jay loves the brits. There are only good brits all over...

I think so...As a French guy I can tell you that without Brits, there's no France!!
August 17th, 2005 09:51 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I think so...As a French guy I can tell you that without Brits, there's no France!!

What happened Julian... it's been a long time since I've sent you a PM..... Is everything ok? I heard you had moved.... how's that?

Cheers!
August 17th, 2005 10:02 AM
Joey
Gazza
John Lennon
Paul McCartney
Keith Moon
Tony Blair
Mick Jagger
Pete Townshend
Keith Richards
Charlie Watts
Eric Clapton
Roger Daltrey
Mick Taylor
John Entwistle
Brian Jones
Ron Wood
Shelly Hack

[Edited by Joey]
August 17th, 2005 10:05 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gazza
John Lennon
Paul McCartney
Keith Moon
Tony Blair
Mick Jagger
Pete Townshend
Keith Richards
Charlie Watts
Eric Clapton
Roger Daltrey
Mick Taylor
John Entwistle
Brian Jones
Ron Wood
Shelly Hack

[Edited by Joey]

Keith Moon - also an honorary American (act of Congress 1979 - posthumous "Rock's Outer Limits" award).
August 17th, 2005 10:10 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Keith Moon - also an honorary American (act of Congress 1979 - posthumous "Rock's Outer Limits" award).

That is right Moonie !!!!!!

In 1979 , President Carter DID sign into law legislation declaring Keith Moon an Honorary American ....

August 17th, 2005 10:11 AM
lotsajizz Churchill?!? As an American I love him; starting in 1940 he liquidated Britain's overseas holdings--largely to us, and dragged out a war in which his nation was a loser against an enemy that had no designs on them (Nazi plans lay to the East). Make no mistake, Britain, while not losing as badly as Germany or Japan, was no winner. She became a debtor nation, lost her Empire, and became riddled with communist infiltration throughout its leadership--all on Winnie's watch.
Ask the ANZACS whom Churchill had slaughtered at Gallipoli what they think of that alcoholic politician!
The Glimmer Twins grew up in a nation where most foodstuffs were still rationed through 1953.
Was Britain better off in 1938 or in 1953? Thank you Winnie.
August 17th, 2005 10:26 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Yes, why not Britain? I just have to put these names at the top of my list:

Jonhattan Swift

John Cleese
Eric Idle

As a guy whose name it also is, I must say Mr. Swift's name is spelled "Jonathan" - Jonhattan is what NYC will be named when I take it over...

Why only TWO of the British Pythons?? Why does Monkey Woman make Terry Jones and the late great Graham Chapman weep and sh*t liquid???

Ah, so MANY Brits on my list...maybe the entire island, minus perhaps Oswald Mosley and Maggie Thatcher! Tony Blair....hmmmm, tough one...true, a lapdog who has certainly made things worse by taking Bush seriously, yet he has good hair, plays a strat, likes the Stones, and keeps his cool when being yelled at in Parliament -something his idiotic Texan master couldn't hack for ten seconds! There is no Scott McClellan in British government!

Special props to Joe Strummer!!!

Top of the list - Charlie Watts.
August 17th, 2005 10:30 AM
BILL PERKS ADRIAN EDMONDSEN
DIDO
CHARLIE WATTS
JEFF BECK
TONY SANCHEZ
THE KRAY TWINS
GINGER BAKER
RONNIE WOOD
IAN MACGLAGAN
BENNY HILL
PETER COOK
GEORGE MICHAEL
NIGEL TUFNEL
PETE TOWNSEND
HAROLD MACMILLAN
STING
FAVORITE SCOTS
FAT BASTARD
IAN STEWART
ROD STEWART
August 17th, 2005 11:06 AM
voodoopug
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ADRIAN EDMONDSEN
DIDO
CHARLIE WATTS
JEFF BECK
TONY SANCHEZ
THE KRAY TWINS
GINGER BAKER
RONNIE WOOD
IAN MACGLAGAN
BENNY HILL
PETER COOK
GEORGE MICHAEL
NIGEL TUFNEL
PETE TOWNSEND
HAROLD MACMILLAN
STING
FAVORITE SCOTS
FAT BASTARD
IAN STEWART
ROD STEWART

good call with Fat Bastard!
August 17th, 2005 11:08 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

What happened Julian... it's been a long time since I've sent you a PM..... Is everything ok? I heard you had moved.... how's that?

Cheers!

Jay my friend!! everything's ok, now I m in a great flat with a small garden and that's so cool...I left town and live in a great village near Mtp...
Nice to read you, hope you 're ok too

your french friend
JU
August 17th, 2005 11:11 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

[...]

Ah, so MANY Brits on my list...maybe the entire island, minus perhaps Oswald Mosley and Maggie Thatcher! Tony Blair....hmmmm, tough one...true, a lapdog who has certainly made things worse by taking Bush seriously, yet he has good hair, plays a strat, likes the Stones, and keeps his cool when being yelled at in Parliament -something his idiotic Texan master couldn't hack for ten seconds! There is no Scott McClellan in British government!

[...]

Oh my friend.... see.... there's nothing wrong with plastic knobs....

What about "W" Fleabit? Is that really true that he doesn't enjoy good music?
August 17th, 2005 11:27 AM
the good
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Churchill?!? As an American I love him; starting in 1940 he liquidated Britain's overseas holdings--largely to us, and dragged out a war in which his nation was a loser against an enemy that had no designs on them (Nazi plans lay to the East). Make no mistake, Britain, while not losing as badly as Germany or Japan, was no winner. She became a debtor nation, lost her Empire, and became riddled with communist infiltration throughout its leadership--all on Winnie's watch.
Ask the ANZACS whom Churchill had slaughtered at Gallipoli what they think of that alcoholic politician!
The Glimmer Twins grew up in a nation where most foodstuffs cere still rationed through 1953.

What are you talking about? If Churchill's plans for Gallipoli had been implemented properly, they would have worked. And Nazi plans lay to the east? Oh I see, Hitler only wanted to conquer Poland (and Russia), so we should have all just left him alone, right? See, this is the type of thinking that Hitler counted on to advance his scheme of world domination. So I guess the Bismark was built to challenge the great Polish navy, and the hundreds of U boats built during the late 30's and early 40's were made with the intent to conquer Russia, right?
August 17th, 2005 11:45 AM
corgi37 This is easy.

Sam Fox
Jo Guest
Adele Stephens
Denise Van Outen
Jack The Ripper
Bob Hope
Elizabeth Taylor
The Krays
Malcolm McDowall
The Ladybirds (the singers from the Benny HIll show, and in particular, the one with the "Nana Mouskouri" glasses).
Caroline Munro
Jayne (my 1st real serious adult girlfriend - and seeing her again on Sept 2nd - From Yorkshire. Still holds up well after we broke up in '84. Did her sister Helen too.)
Alfred Hitchcock
Des O'Connor (my mate!!!)
Elizabeth Hurley
Peter Cushing
Kenny Baker (The guy who played R2-D2)
Melinda Messenger
Gail McKenna
Kirsten Imrie
Squeeze
Jack Wild (Love Pufnstuff!)
Davey Jones
The cast of Minder
Charles Dickins
Vyvian
Neil
Rick
Mike
Christopher Lee
Alistair Crowley
John Smith
Basil Jagger (not Eva, she's more Aussie)
Oliver Cromwell
John Mills
Linda Lusardi
Corinne Russell
Tracey Coleman

and whoever invented black pudding.

Dont worry, i got more.
August 17th, 2005 11:55 AM
FPM C10
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

What about "W" Fleabit? Is that really true that he doesn't enjoy good music?

Well, young Jay, the info leaked to the press - intended to make W look like a "regular guy" - about what he has on his iPod included "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison, which is a pretty good "oldies station" type of song. I think Scotty McClellan made that up, though.

One song W LOVES is by Garth Brooks:

"I've got friends in low places / better slip on down to the oasis...."

August 17th, 2005 11:58 AM
blackandblue Private Godfrey.
August 17th, 2005 11:59 AM
blackandblue
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ADRIAN EDMONDSEN
DIDO
CHARLIE WATTS
JEFF BECK
TONY SANCHEZ
THE KRAY TWINS
GINGER BAKER
RONNIE WOOD
IAN MACGLAGAN
BENNY HILL
PETER COOK
GEORGE MICHAEL
NIGEL TUFNEL
PETE TOWNSEND
HAROLD MACMILLAN
STING
FAVORITE SCOTS
FAT BASTARD
IAN STEWART
ROD STEWART

Don't forget your great friend Freddie Mercury
August 17th, 2005 12:15 PM
Hannalee
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Churchill?!? As an American I love him; starting in 1940 he liquidated Britain's overseas holdings--largely to us, and dragged out a war in which his nation was a loser against an enemy that had no designs on them (Nazi plans lay to the East). Make no mistake, Britain, while not losing as badly as Germany or Japan, was no winner. She became a debtor nation, lost her Empire, and became riddled with communist infiltration throughout its leadership--all on Winnie's watch.
The Glimmer Twins grew up in a nation where most foodstuffs were still rationed through 1953.

Who's American Idiot supposed to be about?
August 17th, 2005 12:33 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
the good wrote:

Oh I see, Hitler only wanted to conquer Poland (and Russia), so we should have all just left him alone, right?

erecting a strawman again as is your habit? did I say to leave him alone? NO! Not at all...but I understand, better to argue what you wish was said rather than what was actually said. I am just pointing out that not letting Hitler go East unopposed, where his designs were (hint, read Mein Kampf), Britain lost its wealth, its Empire, and its first class power status...and for what? they supposedly declared war to save Poland....but selling out Poland was just about the first thing Churchill did as soon as he could talk to 'Uncle Joe'

btw, if the Bismarck wasn't built to face the Polish Navy was the King George V built to face the Swedish Navy?

nice try

August 17th, 2005 12:33 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Hannalee wrote:

Who's American Idiot supposed to be about?

F*cking Andrew, I think.
August 17th, 2005 12:46 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

<------------- "We have not journeyed across the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains, across the prairies, because we are made of sugar candy."

I agree, Mr. Prime Minister. Sean needs to quite doing acid when he's reading WWII comic books. Its abundantly clear - not even subject to reasoned debate - that Britain and the entire flippin' world are better off today, tomorrow, yesterday, and even in 1953, because of the actions and philosopy of Winston Churchill during the hellish years of Hun-German induced darkness.
August 17th, 2005 01:57 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

F*cking Andrew, I think.

LOL

god bless the brits!!
August 17th, 2005 02:16 PM
the good
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

erecting a strawman again as is your habit? did I say to leave him alone? NO! Not at all...but I understand, better to argue what you wish was said rather than what was actually said. I am just pointing out that not letting Hitler go East unopposed, where his designs were (hint, read Mein Kampf), Britain lost its wealth, its Empire, and its first class power status...and for what? they supposedly declared war to save Poland....but selling out Poland was just about the first thing Churchill did as soon as he could talk to 'Uncle Joe'

btw, if the Bismarck wasn't built to face the Polish Navy was the King George V built to face the Swedish Navy?

nice try

You have yet to say what the Allies should have done once Hitler went into poland. What, put sanctions on him? Say pretty please? The reason the Allies declared war was BECAUSE of Poland. And you seem to think that entering the war cost Britain its empire. Germany would have eventually, if Hitler weren't stopped. And America would have surpassed Britain in industrial capacity with or without the war. Finally, there is no moral equivalence between the British building a warship (They were the good guys, in case you didn't know that) and the Nazi's doing so.
August 17th, 2005 02:25 PM
Jair The obvious: Mick Jagger & Charlie Watts

Ronald David Laing
Charles Darvin
Sean Connery
The Queen
. . . .GAZZA!!!!
& Lots more. Its like Jayjay said: there are great brits everywhere.

August 17th, 2005 02:25 PM
Hannalee
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Quick reality check: Denmark, Norway, Belgium, France and the Netherlands are not east of Germany, and they were all invaded before Churchill got going. I'm not sure you quite grasp the concept of allies, either....

August 17th, 2005 03:10 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
the good wrote:

Finally, there is no moral equivalence between the British building a warship (They were the good guys, in case you didn't know that) and the Nazi's doing so.

tell that to the victims of Brit oppression....I am sure they will be comforted by knowing they had their land stolen, their language suppressed, and their families deported by the Empire that was morally better

right

OK now

Cazart!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)