ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Mobile stage - Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: and the warmups just keep getting worse... Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 16th, 2005 02:38 PM
Saint Sway they added Jason Mraz to open up Vegas, Fresno, Salt Lake City, Denver and Glendale/Phoenix.

jason mraz! thats hilarious!

WHY??????????

the Stones ARE SO OUT OF TOUCH!!!!!

Black Eyed Peas, John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Joss Stone and Maroon 5 belong playing on some American Idol/TRL Pepsi Summer Beach Jam. Not opening for the Worlds Greatest Rock And Roll Band!!!

where are the Stones-worthy acts????

and who the hell is picking these POP posers???? Mick's grandchildren???

this is embarrassing!!!!

when my friends ask me who's opening for the Stones I have to lie and say I dont know.
August 16th, 2005 02:42 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they added Jason Mraz to open up Vegas, Fresno, Salt Lake City, Denver and Glendale/Phoenix.

You're giving me the feeling that not knowing who Jason Mraz is is a good thing...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
August 16th, 2005 02:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

You're giving me the feeling that not knowing who Jason Mraz is is a good thing...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]

he's actually a step down from Timberlake.

I can only imagine that the Stones are in hard negotiations right now trying to score either Ashleey Simpson or Outkast as the MSG opener.
August 16th, 2005 03:01 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they added Jason Mraz to open up Vegas, Fresno, Salt Lake City, Denver and Glendale/Phoenix.

WHY??????????

Black Eyed Peas, John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Joss Stone and Maroon 5 belong playing on some American Idol/TRL Pepsi Summer Beach Jam. Not opening for the Worlds Greatest Rock And Roll Band!!!

where are the Stones-worthy acts????

and who the hell is picking these POP posers???? Mick's grandchildren???

this is embarrassing!!!!

when my friends ask me who's opening for the Stones I have to lie and say I dont know.

THE TOUR IS A BUST!!!!

Seriously, I hope there is someone good for Giants Stadium!!!
August 16th, 2005 03:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

THE TOUR IS A BUST!!!!

Seriously, I hope there is someone good for Giants Stadium!!!

well if you happen to be one of those rare Rolling Stones Rock & Roll fans that also happens to love the syrupy bubble gum pop sound of Maroon 5 than you are in luck!!

enjoy!
August 16th, 2005 03:13 PM
CraigP
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

(Same Here) I wish there were more Pearl Jam dates.
August 16th, 2005 03:28 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

well if you happen to be one of those rare Rolling Stones Rock & Roll fans that also happens to love the syrupy bubble gum pop sound of Maroon 5 than you are in luck!!

enjoy!

Is this confirmed? Maroon 5 are opening at Giants Stadium? What the hell do they sing?
August 16th, 2005 03:34 PM
FPM C10 CRAP. Crapola. Total shit.

There are two good openers as far as I can recall - Beck and Pearl Jam - and I lucked out and got Beck in Hershey. He's the only one I really WANTED to see. I'm really not that into Pearl Jam, but compared to the friggin' Black Eyed Peas...
August 16th, 2005 03:40 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
There are two good openers as far as I can recall - Beck and Pearl Jam - and I lucked out and got Beck in Hershey.

I also lucked out with Beck in Toronto.
August 16th, 2005 03:42 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

WHY??????????

Well personally speaking, I don't care who opens for them. Nor do I believe that the Stones care. As to who is picking the acts - who knows, is it the promoter? I dunno but adding these young pop people might be a vain attempt to draw a younger crowd. Of course, how many Mtv/American Idol kids can afford a Stones ticket? LOL

The only thing I know about the Blackeyed Peas is that stupid Best Buy commercial. LOL I don't care... I'll be shopping for Stones swag anyway!
August 16th, 2005 04:51 PM
ResidentMule bitch all you want, I'm happy about seeing John Mayer open for the Philly show.
if you're one of the unlucky ones who's getting Black Eyed Peas - fuck it you were just gonna be out in the parking lot drinking beer anyway
August 16th, 2005 05:26 PM
Phog I lucked out with Wilco in Atlanta, but Jason Mraz in Denver? That's fucking hideous!!! Oh well, he won't be the first shitty opener I've skipped.
August 16th, 2005 05:27 PM
pdog
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I also lucked out with Beck in Toronto.

No you guys didn't. He isn't that great live.
August 16th, 2005 05:44 PM
kath i never go to a stones show to see the opener. the only time was jonny lang.

i don't care who opens...elmer fudd would sing "lucy in the sky" and i wouldn't care as long as i knew i was gonna see the stones play one more time!!
August 16th, 2005 05:58 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Exactly! Who gives a shit about the openner? I have never went in to see an openning band at a Stones show. I've paid my hard earned cash to see the boys, and it's their day, no one elses! Besides that, I would rather spend that time in the parking lot getting juiced up and sloppy!
August 16th, 2005 06:04 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

No you guys didn't. He isn't that great live.

respectfully disagree--I saw him on the Horde Tour a few times in '96..or was it '95?, anyway, he was quite good...so he IS capable of a good show...one can hope....
August 16th, 2005 08:11 PM
glencar Any word on who is opening the MSG show?
August 16th, 2005 08:58 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Any word on who is opening the MSG show?

how much you want to bet we get stuck with Rob Thomas?

August 16th, 2005 09:05 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

respectfully disagree--I saw him on the Horde Tour a few times in '96..or was it '95?, anyway, he was quite good...so he IS capable of a good show...one can hope....

I know he's been good, i'm basing that on the show a few weeks ago. It was not that great BUT!!! had some great moments.
August 16th, 2005 09:15 PM
Dan
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
Exactly! Who gives a shit about the openner? I have never went in to see an openning band at a Stones show. I've paid my hard earned cash to see the boys, and it's their day, no one elses! Besides that, I would rather spend that time in the parking lot getting juiced up and sloppy!

Mixed feelings about openers here. If its someone I don't care about, then I can hold out for $10-20 for a stadium show. On the other hand, if its someone I really want to see, I will have to pay more money but then I am getting more value for my money, especially if its something like Metallica or Motley Crue at full volume.
[Edited by Dan]
August 16th, 2005 09:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
if you're one of the unlucky ones who's getting Black Eyed Peas - fuck it you were just gonna be out in the parking lot drinking beer anyway

They are awful indeed. However, here in Europe it's different, as we don't have appointed seats. If you want a decent view, you'll have to be there early, which also means no way of skipping a horrible opening act. So hoping for decent openers is even more important to most of us euros.

At least there's talk that Metallica might open for the Stones in Germany too. I might just have to pay my nice German neighbours a visit next year
August 16th, 2005 10:09 PM
Steel Wheels I'd like to see Liz Phair, Sheryl Crow, Buddy Guy, Jet, or The Black Crowes open.

August 16th, 2005 10:59 PM
corgi37 Yep, yep, yep.

I go to a Stones show to see the support act. Gimme a break. Tell me 99% of the audience couldnt give a stuff. I saw exactly 1 minute of Jet. They played to virtually no one. After 3 songs people were itchy.

Even the wonderful You am I supporting the WHo. They were ok....

...but they werent the Who.

WHy not just enjoy a beer with ya mates until the Stones come on? Why whine about crap?
August 16th, 2005 11:03 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

They are awful indeed. However, here in Europe it's different, as we don't have appointed seats. If you want a decent view, you'll have to be there early, which also means no way of skipping a horrible opening act. So hoping for decent openers is even more important to most of us euros.

I've seen some pretty bad opening acts, but none of them actually killed me to watch. like you said, its a trade off - the more of the opener you miss the worse your seats are gonna be. obviously you've already made your choice. I've been in that position several times, and not with ONE bad opener, more like 5 or 6 (in a couple cases for headliners I had barely any interest in just because a friend invited me). a 45 minute set of anything won't kill you. my attitude is if you can't enjoy it, be respectful, at least to people around you trying to enjoy it, you're better off going to ebay and get your money back. nobody's forcing you to do anything. this negativity is a waste of time
August 16th, 2005 11:53 PM
Zack
quote:
kath wrote:

elmer fudd would sing "lucy in the sky"

That could be cool.

"pwasticine porters with wookinglass ties"
August 17th, 2005 12:28 AM
gorda Well, I am very happy! Because, we get Metallica! Both nights!

Just too cool!

August 17th, 2005 12:50 AM
erikjjf Los Lonely Boys will open at Soldier Field.

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=All&Content=los+lonely
August 17th, 2005 01:37 AM
Poplar
opening acts are for drinking in the parking lot.

August 17th, 2005 01:41 AM
MrPleasant So, is Wilco any good?
August 17th, 2005 01:46 AM
Poplar
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
So, is Wilco any good?

HELL YEAH.
the opening acts span a wide range... from shite to greatness.

[Edited by Poplar]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)