ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007
© Stray Cat UK
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: famous man hugs throughout the ages! Return to archive
14th August 2007 02:46 PM
Starbuck 2007:
"so long boss! i'm hopping the next flight to guatemala before leahy nails my ass for obstruction of justice!"

1989:
"i'm sorry the vasectomy didn't work, mr president! maybe you can send him to texas to run the rangers...."

2003:
"come here, mr president....let me take this 'kick me' sign off your back."

2007:
"karl, do you mind if i lick the inside of your ear?"

14th August 2007 02:48 PM
nankerphelge You forgot one

14th August 2007 03:02 PM
Saint Sway not quite sure this one counts as a man hug, but...

14th August 2007 03:03 PM
Starbuck thanks, nanky. here's the caption:

1992:
"hillary, my dear, our sturdy, compassionate leadership will guide the country safely through the turbulent 90s!"
14th August 2007 03:04 PM
Starbuck "dave...dave....gary cherone had a much tigher ass!"
14th August 2007 03:07 PM
voodoopug execution:

as you approach, the arms should be extended and raised, in pre-hug readiness. the right arm should be higher than the left, however it is important that the right arm is not too high, and vitally important that the left never, ever be too low. nor should the arms embrace the recipient on too similar a latitude; thats how you hug your girlfriend, and we dont want to confuse anybody, especially yourself, now do we? try and have the right hand 8-12 inches higher than the left.

as you approach, with arms raised and extended as shown, it is usual to omit a long vocal exclamation: "aaaaaaayyyyyyy." as the hug continues, it is proper that this vocalisation assumes a questioning tone: "aaaaaaaayyyyyyy?"

it is at the point of this questioning tone reaching its highest note, that the most important part of the man-hug occurs: the ritual back-slap. THIS IS THE MOST CRUCIAL PART OF THE CEREMONY.
the back-slap is important, because it is where you retain your masculinity whilst in an embrace with another man. see, youre hugging somebody, and this is giving love. in public. (if you are fuzzy about this, i refer you to the "public displays of affection" pamphlet you were all handed in high school) to counteract this possibly homosexual act, you need to cause pain. not much, but just enough, in a ceremonial kind of way that says while you are giving love, you are also giving pain.

i advise the trusty three-beat slap, with enough force to push a little air out of the hugee's lungs. many people also go for the closed-fist beat on the back, and i am one of these people, as it is far more masculine to punch someone, than it is to slap them; and you can never be too careful in this circumstance.

just as both the back-slap (or punch) and the vocals conclude, it is advisable to punctuate your man-hug with one more vocal: a loud, short "aarggh", said with as deep, and as growly a voice as you can muster. after this, you should disengage from the man-hug and contiue whatever it is that you were doing.

so there you have it, the Man-Hug in all its steadfastly heterosexual glory. i hope i have been of service to some of you reading this today, so that you can proudly go forth and hug to your hearts content.

but not too much, mind. that might seem a little gay.

ps. if you play soccer and are performing a post goal celebration, then you can ignore this; as pretty much anything up to, and including actual penetration is allowed in that particular circumstance.
14th August 2007 03:11 PM
Starbuck pug...

did you get "man hug" practice at the omaha summit?
14th August 2007 03:19 PM
PartyDoll MEG So you can practice...

14th August 2007 03:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
pug...

did you get "man hug" practice at the omaha summit?

There was a man hug exchanged!!
14th August 2007 05:08 PM
oldkr pug over complicates this! man-hug with the shoulders, fag-hug with the hips...i should know!

OLDKR
14th August 2007 05:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
oldkr wrote:
pug over complicates this! man-hug with the shoulders, fag-hug with the hips...i should know!

OLDKR

we must be thorough in our explanations old friend! With my "easy reading" instructional pamphlet, man hugging is very easy to do!
14th August 2007 10:58 PM
oldkr this is true- however, to ommit the hip touching is an oversight, bordering on...dare i say it... a humiliation.

OLDKR
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)