ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007
© Stray Cat UK
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick on Dick Cavett show Return to archive
12th August 2007 11:27 PM
sirmoonie Sorry if its been posted before.

At 3:42 into it he talks about him and Keith in jail (gaol) - good stuff. Soon after says he'd be doing this at 60.

Mick Jagger is the greatest rocker that ever has, or will ever live.

12th August 2007 11:52 PM
sirmoonie This damn guy, whether you agree with him or not, 23-24 years old at the time, the eloquence, direction, coherency, thought process - its not all his genius - a system, at least as it existed at that time, helped him do this powerful interview.

13th August 2007 09:59 AM
guitarman53 Mick on Police Dogs & drugs, 1970 Finland.
13th August 2007 02:36 PM
texile i can't youtube at work -
is this the cavett interview from the 72 tour?
sounds more extensive -
i didn't get the boxed set of cavett's rock interviews because i had already had that stuff on dvd boots,
but is this something else?
13th August 2007 06:45 PM
fireontheplatter classic oldie interviews....love it.

everybody said oww
14th August 2007 01:00 AM
the good I love these clips. I wasn't around back in the day, so I am amazed sometimes by the charisma the Stones had when they were young. A lot of the younger fans know the music really well, but for most of us the Stones have always been legends, and as is the case with all legends, there is an element of the story that gets lost when it passes from one generation to the next. I get glimpses of it sometimes, but I'll never know what it was like to witness to the birth of the legend, and thus, to me, the early history of the band is like folklore in a way.
14th August 2007 04:01 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
the good wrote:
I love these clips. I wasn't around back in the day, so I am amazed sometimes by the charisma the Stones had when they were young. A lot of the younger fans know the music really well, but for most of us the Stones have always been legends, and as is the case with all legends, there is an element of the story that gets lost when it passes from one generation to the next. I get glimpses of it sometimes, but I'll never know what it was like to witness to the birth of the legend, and thus, to me, the early history of the band is like folklore in a way.

Great post.
14th August 2007 12:06 PM
the good
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Great post.

Thanks Moonie. Your a legend yourself
14th August 2007 08:20 PM
texile
quote:
the good wrote:
I love these clips. I wasn't around back in the day, so I am amazed sometimes by the charisma the Stones had when they were young. A lot of the younger fans know the music really well, but for most of us the Stones have always been legends, and as is the case with all legends, there is an element of the story that gets lost when it passes from one generation to the next. I get glimpses of it sometimes, but I'll never know what it was like to witness to the birth of the legend, and thus, to me, the early history of the band is like folklore in a way.

there was definately a certain charisma that was sacrcastic and irreverent....
there was so unimpressed with everyone else and didn't hide it.
the last time jagger sounded like this was in 78.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)