ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007
© Stray Cat UK
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Almost never saw this video Return to archive
12th August 2007 12:29 AM
MikeyC613 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrqw9YU0VBo&mode=related&search=

takes you back
12th August 2007 06:43 AM
corgi37 Very classy clip. I thought at the time it would be the perfect clip for them to go out with. But hey, 18 years later they are still around.

My fave track off sw.
12th August 2007 10:48 AM
CraigP Thanks for posting this link!
I don't recall seeing it. We most likely have, back in the MTV days (before it died).

There are so many rare clips on youtube it becomes quite overwhelming. I love it. Got 100s of stones clips under "favorites".

12th August 2007 04:01 PM
sirmoonie Great post, great vid, great song. Mick and Keith still writing great songs as late as 1989.
12th August 2007 04:04 PM
GotToRollMe *sigh*
12th August 2007 04:22 PM
Gazza I remember MTV in Europe premiering that in March 1990 on the day they announced their dates for the Urban Jungle tour.

A nice clip, and quite unusual in the way it's shot in that at no point during it do you see more than one of the Stones in the frame at the same time.

One of their greatest EVER ballads IMO, up there with 'Wild Horses' and the like. Only overlooked because its on a 'lesser' album (Steel Wheels) than on one of their greatest ones.
12th August 2007 04:50 PM
Mr Jurkka i really like this one
12th August 2007 09:39 PM
Soldatti It was released too late as single, a great song.
12th August 2007 09:50 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:

One of their greatest EVER ballads IMO, up there with 'Wild Horses' and the like. Only overlooked because its on a 'lesser' album (Steel Wheels) than on one of their greatest ones.

Same here, sound is too updated to ever grab the intensity of the Wild Horses days, but the song is just as powerful.
12th August 2007 10:52 PM
the good Good tune, but not in the same ball park as wild horses.
[Edited by the good]
13th August 2007 04:49 AM
gotdablouse Yes, not bad, but the production is bland and the singing "mannered", it never "grabbed" me like WH of course or even Angie/FTC/BoB.

After all it was a Keith outtake from TIS !
13th August 2007 10:44 AM
open-g Beautiful song - haven't heared nor watched it for a long while.

the sound of kick and snare is top notch.
yeah, it's slick but it suits the song and the era.
13th August 2007 11:11 PM
MikeyC613 "I WANNA BE YOUR MAAAAAA-AANNN"

Fucking awesome.
13th August 2007 11:18 PM
robpop I really did not care for this song. Maybe because I had a Pdog haircut at the time. The Stones lost with Dirty Work, and won me back with Voodoo Lounge. I think "Out of Tears" was a better ballad.
14th August 2007 08:16 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

After all it was a Keith outtake from TIS !

Yes, and both ballads on TIS (Make No Mistake and Locked Away) are superior to this one..
14th August 2007 05:09 PM
fireontheplatter i completly forgot about this song until just now

thanks for refreshing my memory
15th August 2007 03:52 AM
sirmoonie Here it is embedded, can't get that song out of my head, the last few days......

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)