ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007
© Stray Cat UK
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fifty Licks 2CD+DVD Box Set! & MORE! Return to archive
11th August 2007 06:02 AM
Fuck! The highest grossing world tour ever A Bigger Bang, is almost over, the stones then will take a long well earned break. In 5 years from now, 2012, the rolling stones are 50 years together as a band. to celebrate 50 years of Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n Roll, the stones will release Fifty Licks. A 2CD Compilation filled with some of the best songs ever written by Jagger/Richards. but that's not it, it will also contain a great Bonus DVD including rare and unseen live video's from 1962 till 2012! and the better news is... they are already writin' for the new studio album that will hit stores December 2011 the rolling stones will be back at the road again in 2012 to celebrate the 50 Birthday of the Rolling Stones!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

but for those who can't get enough of the greatest band ever: Mick Jagger The very Best Of.. will hit the stores on October the 2nd (www.mickjagger.com) and the New Concert-Movie about the stones 'Shine a Light' will be shown in cinema's worldwide somewhere later this year!
in 2010 Keith Richards is finished co-writing his autobiography and it will hit stores somewhere in 2010.

----------------------------------------------------------

i came across this when i was surfing on the world wide web, i guess it's just bullshit! they don't plan anything up to 5 years from now.... do they? but on the other hand, this is great news i'd be happy if this is what they're gonna do when they are 50 years together.... and it's quite something, so they better be prepared and have a plan!

Fuck!

[Edited by Fuck!]
11th August 2007 10:07 AM
mojoman Just how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
11th August 2007 06:12 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mojoman wrote:
Just how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

179?
11th August 2007 06:14 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:
Just how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

[Edited by pdog]
11th August 2007 06:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fuck! wrote:
The highest grossing world tour ever A Bigger Bang, is almost over, the stones then will take a long well earned break. In 5 years from now, 2012, the rolling stones are 50 years together as a band. to celebrate 50 years of Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n Roll, the stones will release Fifty Licks. A 2CD Compilation filled with some of the best songs ever written by Jagger/Richards. but that's not it, it will also contain a great Bonus DVD including rare and unseen live video's from 1962 till 2012! and the better news is... they are already writin' for the new studio album that will hit stores December 2011 the rolling stones will be back at the road again in 2012 to celebrate the 50 Birthday of the Rolling Stones!

Whoever wrote this is a moron. Love the bit about them 'already writing for a new album' which will be released in 3 and a half years time. Christ.

I doubt they'll ever make another studio album, but there's been ever-increasing whispers in recent days of plans afoot for shows in 2008.
11th August 2007 11:34 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Whoever wrote this is a moron. Love the bit about them 'already writing for a new album' which will be released in 3 and a half years time. Christ.

I doubt they'll ever make another studio album, but there's been ever-increasing whispers in recent days of plans afoot for shows in 2008.

Gazza,

You are such The Rolling Stones pessimist. Yes there will be another studio album. Yes they will tour again. Maybe not to the extent that A Bigger Bang but yes they will tour and record another album .

Yikes your pessimistic when it comes to The Stones. For cryin out loud everyone has been saying this for decades. You are always to note that of when something is said of them but never pans out. This is the perfect example yet you cannot see it in this instance. Why?

The only thing that will stop them is if someone falls terribly ill god forbid.

Ian
12th August 2007 10:33 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

The only thing that will stop them is if someone falls terribly ill god forbid.

Ian

that hasn't stopped them before.
12th August 2007 10:42 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

that hasn't stopped them before.

Someone=Mick/Keith/Charlie.....
12th August 2007 10:58 AM
Gazza Where the hell you been for the last 3 years, Ian? One band member had cancer, one (the singer) has had issues with his throat, one had a drink and drugs problem which if unchecked will kill him, one had a head trauma which required emergency surgery resulting in him having to take anti-seizure medication and there have been numerous first hand reports of him stumbling and even falling onstage this summer. Plus they're all in their 60's.

Thats why I'm pessimistic about their long term future.

Are you remotely aware of all of this? Try and keep up.

Hey, keep clinging to the illusion that they're all in the first flush of youth, in perfect health and, despite having no record contract or motivation to record a new album based on the fact that theyre not even playing the SONGS from the last one, that they're ready to churn out more fresh product any day now.

As for touring? Uh..try reading my post again instead of selectively cherrypicking it. I SAID there's whispers of shows next year. Very strong ones actually in the last few days. I dont make shit up from nowhere.

>For cryin out loud everyone has been saying this for decades.

No they havent. Not me, anyway. However, anyone with half a brain can see signs of people getting older and the band members in physical decline.

> You are always to note that of when something is said of them but never pans out.

Give me an example

> This is the perfect example yet you cannot see it in this instance. Why?

An absurd comment. Youve stated with certainty something WILL happen but are taking issue with me when I suggested its "Unlikely"? You can see into the future, I suppose?

>The only thing that will stop them is if someone falls terribly ill god forbid.

BINGO! And yeah, thats something thats REALLY unlikely to happen isnt it??

[Edited by Gazza]
12th August 2007 11:02 AM
gimmekeef Gazza said:

Hey, keep clinging to the illusion that they're all in the first flush of youth, in perfect health and, despite having no record contract or motivation to record a new album based on the fact that theyre not even playing the SONGS from the last one, that they're ready to churn out more fresh product any day now.

Sadly enough...I do........
12th August 2007 12:30 PM
Gazza Anything's possible, gimmekeef and I hope they will as I happened to like their last album.

however, to get back to the original point, its quite obvious to most people (apart from Ian, maybe) that the post quoted at the start of the thread is a figment of someone's over-fertile imagination or simply a fantasy. No one can plan that far ahead to the extent where you can predict release schedules 3-4 years in advance for a piece of work that hasnt even been written yet.
12th August 2007 01:12 PM
Fuck!
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No one can plan that far ahead to the extent where you can predict release schedules 3-4 years in advance for a piece of work that hasnt even been written yet.

i agree, and Fifty licks is just a lame title, come on, they've done that licks thing already, can't they think of something more original? we'll see what they're gonna do when they're 50 years together as a band! it's 5 years from now, but i agree that they need a long break and be in good shape before they hit the road again in 2012!
12th August 2007 01:19 PM
mrhipfl I bet the writers and fans speculate and try to predict the band's future more than the Stones do. I doubt they know whether or not they're gonna make another album or go on another stadium tour etc...
12th August 2007 01:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fuck! wrote:

i agree, and Fifty licks is just a lame title, come on, they've done that licks thing already, can't they think of something more original? we'll see what they're gonna do when they're 50 years together as a band! it's 5 years from now, but i agree that they need a long break and be in good shape before they hit the road again in 2012!

I wouldnt get so worked up about it. The post reads like some blogger's fantasy wish list. Its got nothing at all to do with the Stones or what their plans are.

The Stones cant afford to take 'long breaks' at this stage of their career. Thats why the gaps between tours have become shorter over the years.
12th August 2007 01:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I bet the writers and fans speculate and try to predict the band's future more than the Stones do. I doubt they know whether or not they're gonna make another album or go on another stadium tour etc...

LOL..yeah, well, they probably have a 1-2 year plan at best at any given time, and as we know from what happened in April 2006, these plans can get derailed or changed at a moment's notice.

I seriously doubt the Stones have given much thought to what they'll be doing in 2012. Cracks me up that so many fans seem to speculate about it on such a regular basis.
13th August 2007 09:16 PM
wgwalsh The boys have access to the best medical care in the world. That and staying active with plenty of money adds many years to one's life.

There is still a bit more juice left in the grape.

The end is far from being over.
13th August 2007 09:30 PM
wgwalsh Ian,

Where have you been lately ? Heard that you were out West and have returned back East.

Have you caught anymore shows ?

Keep on posting brother, your perspectives are quite interesting.

wgw
14th August 2007 11:42 AM
Saint Sway Gazza, as always, is the voice of reason.

I think the '08 rumored shows are a possibility. But after that, once this giant machine stops its going to be impossible to start it up again 2 or 3 years later - for a miriad of reasons Gazza has listed and more.

keep in mind, they'll be approaching their 70s

this is it. See them now. Enjoy your time at the shows.

15th August 2007 08:00 AM
Fuck! lol, just found this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket is it from 'according to... in their own words' ?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)