ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007
© Stray Cat UK
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dave clark 5 Or Rolling Stones. Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th August 2007 09:16 AM
Nasty Habits The Pretty Things freaking rock. The leaders of the blues British raving Stonesabees, along with folks like the Downliner Sect (anybody remember them?)

Great punk hits (Rosalyn, Don't Bring Me Down), great weird mid 60s numbers (Can't Stand the Pain, Come See Me), nice psych LPs (Parachute, SF Sorrow). They eventually sort of morphed into the Pink Fairies and became ensconced in that whole Hawkwind acid/retard-prog thing (callit BritKraut) on one hand, and stayed the Pretty Things and turned sorta Zeppish and stoopid on the other (they were even on Swan Song for a couple of bad LPs).

The absolute first band I recommend to anyone looking for British invasion bands beyond the Stones, Kinks, Who, Beatle quadrant.

14th August 2007 10:29 AM
guitarman53 I loved The Pretty Things, they deserved more attention then they got in America & Canada, I was a big fan of blues rock 60's bands, I played the Yardbirds "Having A rave up with" until I wore the record out, I loved Them (with Van Morrison) too, they had some hits,(Here comes the night/Baby, Please don't go/Gloria/Richard Correy, etc) I kind of wish they had of stayed together, & of course The Animals & The Who.
14th August 2007 11:20 AM
Chuck The Pretty Things still rock!!!!

14th August 2007 12:33 PM
guitarman53 I had the album "Freeway Madness", as mentioned in the video, years ago in the 70's, loved it, I'm going try & find in again in C.D.
14th August 2007 06:59 PM
ohnonot youagain I wish Dave Clark, Eric Burden and Peter Noone would arrange to have all their lps put out on remastered cds. Anyone hear anything.
14th August 2007 07:43 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Dave Clark 5 were like the Beatles...except they could move other parts of their bodies other than their heads

But in comparison to the Stones?...In America?...Dude, we had far more funky than that long before the DC5 ever came about...fuck..we gave the world rock n' roll...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Feej-- Actually, in 1964-65, the D.C. 5 was every bit as popular in the U.S. as the Stones. Part of that was due to their clean cut appearance and non-offensive music which didn't alienate as many people as did the appearance and music of the Stones. Of course, DC5's music didn't begin to measure up to that of the Stones back then. Popularity? Si. Quality? No.
14th August 2007 08:09 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
ohnonot youagain wrote:
I wish Dave Clark, Eric Burden and Peter Noone would arrange to have all their lps put out on remastered cds. Anyone hear anything.

a lot of Eric Burdon and the Animals's post 1965 output has been put out on remastered CDs. The original (1964-65) albums have never been put out, but every song from those 3 US albums, plus the non album singles is on the 2 CD set "The Complete Animals." Those 3 albums belong to ABKCO, if I'm not mistaken and he has no control over their release - They have never been out on CD. The Retrospective CD us a good sounding alternative. Basically the same thing for Herman's Hermits - owned by ABKCO, there is a remastered "Retrospective" CD for them too. Dave Clark is holding out on releasing his albums on CD until he gets some ridiculous sum of money, that he probably will never get. The only CD's of his are those twofer quasi-legal/i.e., bootlegs.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)