ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007
© Stray Cat UK
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Olympiastadion, Helsinki, Finland 1st August 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
3rd August 2007 08:57 AM
Factory Girl
He probably can't function withour alky at this point.

3rd August 2007 09:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Post traumatic seizures are common after a head injury such as Keith's and the anti-convulsive medicine is likely a precaution.

I highly doubt Keith would have been given medical clearance and tour insurance had the condition been too serious.

Quite correct.

Like you say, mixing large quantities of booze with anti-convulsive medication isnt really a good move.
3rd August 2007 10:13 AM
Bitch
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sadly, it's clearly time to cut back on the touring & look after his own health.

Sadly, I think you are right.

quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I wish he'd quit entirely, but that's not likely to happen.

So...maybe if he'd cut back...say...BEFORE A PERFORMANCE...it might be a good idea.

LJ.

Yes that would seem logical but KEEF has his ways, it's his way or the highway, the fuck-it mentality that KEEF does what KEEF wants, no matter what. But that's part of his charm, and that's why we love him. KEEF is true to himself, always has been. Just like any alcoholic, until KEEF thinks the drinking is a problem, he wont quit, and I doubt he will ever admit it's a problem. Because he's KEEF!
[Edited by Bitch]
3rd August 2007 10:18 AM
luxury1 nah, it's the coke--he needs the coke to straighten out from the booze--without the coke buzz, he's just a sloppy drunk per last show...
3rd August 2007 10:21 AM
sun Hello folks! English isn't my strongest language, so be patient!

I have wating for 4 years to seen The Rolling Stones live and I can't still believe, 2 days after the show, that I really saw The Rolling Stones. The show was freaking awesome! We Finns are stouts and we don't show ours feeling very easy and we show ours applause by applaud. But on Wednesday they gets me to dance like a maniac (my own Finns way) and I applauded all along the show.

The show was my first time ever and it has a very special meaning to me. I was one with the band and one with the crowd. I can't explain what happened to me there, but my heart was throbing same tact with Charlie's drums, actually my heart was Charlie's drumms, my soul was one with Ron and Keith's guitars' sound and my head filled by Mick's songs. Try to understand what I try to explain, because I can't even explain it in Finnish! Oh Lord, and then they did it! They played Paint it Black! It's my favorite Stones's song of all time! My mind just ecploded to another universe and I closed my eyes and I danced and sang with the band and I cried! I cried like a little baby and I didn't withdrew it! And I cried again the end of the show. After the show, when I was in the bed, I cried AGAIN, because I couldn't believe that I saw The Rolling Stones.

I don't care that Keith was drunk, because he is fucking Keith Richards and he can do what ever he wants! C'moon, it's rock'n'roll! I just wish that he won't hurt himself.

It was unbelievable night to me and I will NEVER forget it! Thank you The Rolling Stones that you make it special!

3rd August 2007 10:56 AM
Factory Girl Hi sun! Welcome to Rocks off!
3rd August 2007 03:27 PM
sun
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hi sun! Welcome to Rocks off!

Thanks!
3rd August 2007 04:08 PM
Yyteri Beach Great show it was. It wasn't that annoying that Keef was drunk , he's still The Man. Jagger was in marvelous condition. So was Ronnie, great he's been sober for the past year. Charlie made a 100% solid performance. He never fail.
And The Stones are quite funny band because it doesn't matter if they don't play perfectly, some kinda roughness is their trademark. Pure play wouldn't sound good.

But The Stones are The Stones - no other band come even close...
3rd August 2007 06:46 PM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Sadly, I think you are right.

Yes that would seem logical but KEEF has his ways, it's his way or the highway, the fuck-it mentality that KEEF does what KEEF wants, no matter what. But that's part of his charm, and that's why we love him. KEEF is true to himself, always has been. Just like any alcoholic, until KEEF thinks the drinking is a problem, he wont quit, and I doubt he will ever admit it's a problem. Because he's KEEF!
[Edited by Bitch]

Geez, I was gonna go drinking tonight but now I'll stick with beer.
3rd August 2007 08:16 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
sun wrote:
Hello folks! English isn't my strongest language, so be patient!

I have wating for 4 years to seen The Rolling Stones live and I can't still believe, 2 days after the show, that I really saw The Rolling Stones. The show was freaking awesome! We Finns are stouts and we don't show ours feeling very easy and we show ours applause by applaud. But on Wednesday they gets me to dance like a maniac (my own Finns way) and I applauded all along the show.

The show was my first time ever and it has a very special meaning to me. I was one with the band and one with the crowd. I can't explain what happened to me there, but my heart was throbing same tact with Charlie's drums, actually my heart was Charlie's drumms, my soul was one with Ron and Keith's guitars' sound and my head filled by Mick's songs. Try to understand what I try to explain, because I can't even explain it in Finnish! Oh Lord, and then they did it! They played Paint it Black! It's my favorite Stones's song of all time! My mind just ecploded to another universe and I closed my eyes and I danced and sang with the band and I cried! I cried like a little baby and I didn't withdrew it! And I cried again the end of the show. After the show, when I was in the bed, I cried AGAIN, because I couldn't believe that I saw The Rolling Stones.

I don't care that Keith was drunk, because he is fucking Keith Richards and he can do what ever he wants! C'moon, it's rock'n'roll! I just wish that he won't hurt himself.

It was unbelievable night to me and I will NEVER forget it! Thank you The Rolling Stones that you make it special!

I know just what you mean, sun. So happy that you finally got to see The Stones!
3rd August 2007 08:40 PM
Bitch GREAT to hear your story SUN! I'm so glad to read it - and I know what you mean,
my heart Is beating louder than a big bass drum, alright!
[Edited by Bitch]
3rd August 2007 09:08 PM
Doxa sun and yyteribeach, great and inspiring reviews, my fellow countrymen!

- Doxa
5th August 2007 03:21 AM
erikjjf
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:
No "I`ll go crazy" tonight?

Lisa was sick in Helsinki.
5th August 2007 08:21 AM
voodookeef As for Keith's "behaviour" and "falling" during the Helsinki show I'm eager to find some photo/video evidence but it seems hard to find anything.

Aren't there people who were at the show that took pictures or even video sequences while these things happened??

Would appreciate any info! thanks a lot in advance....
5th August 2007 08:41 AM
GotToRollMe Haven't seen any video, but there are several stories on the newswires similar to this one:

WORLD NEWS
'Wasted' Keith Richards almost fell off 'The Rolling Stones' stage

By ANI
Saturday August 4, 01:51 PM

London, Aug. 4 (ANI): 'The Rolling Stones' rocker Keith Richards was so drunk during the band's recent gig in Helsinki that he almost fell off the stage.

The group's frontman Mick Jagger kept him from toppling over.

Fans have posted a number of opinionated write-ups about Richard's boozy antics on Rolling Stones forums.

"Mick and Ronnie didn't look too pleased. Mick, at one point, had to hold on to Keith to stop him falling off the stage. And at another point he stumbled sideways and if it wasn't for the rail he'd have fallen 20 feet into the crowd," the Sun quoted Paul Clark, who travelled from the UK for the gig at Finland's Olympic Stadium, as saying. "The roadies held him up while they strapped his guitar on him. His guitar work was all over the place. Mick was brilliant and he held the show together," Clark added.

Although some fans took a light-hearted view of Richard's bizarre behaviour, others expressed anger that boozing had damaged his performance.

"He fell on his a**e several times during the show in front of 45,000 fans. Some fans claim it's cool but I'm afraid that Keith believes in his myth too much. I love Keith but it's becoming a little too embarrassing," a fan wrote on the website It's Only Rock 'n' Roll. (ANI)

Link: http://in.news.yahoo.com/070804/139/6j0xo.html

5th August 2007 08:59 AM
voodookeef Thanks, GTRM

I've read a lot of news about these incidents as well but think it would enhance "an opinion of my own" to have photos/videos to go with it...

Maybe it's yet to early to have them on youtube and such. And hopefully Chuck will explain some on his website soon - as for today his blog is updated only until Poland...
5th August 2007 09:47 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
sun wrote:

I can't explain what happened to me there, but my heart was throbing same tact with Charlie's drums, actually my heart was Charlie's drumms, my soul was one with Ron and Keith's guitars' sound and my head filled by Mick's songs. Try to understand what I try to explain, because I can't even explain it in Finnish!

We all know exactly what you mean, Sun.

Welcome to Rocks Off!

SV
5th August 2007 10:02 AM
oneMary
quote:
voodookeef wrote:
As for Keith's "behaviour" and "falling" during the Helsinki show I'm eager to find some photo/video evidence but it seems hard to find anything.

I’ve also wondered about that.
In Finland we have magazines which are published once a week and pays money to “paparazzi” pics of readers. Maybe people sees extra money in they eyes.
Or Keith just got up quicker than critics are told. I was in good place with camera but did’t see fallings.
[Edited by oneMary]
5th August 2007 10:13 AM
LadyJane Was Marco at this show???

He will tell us EVERYTHING we need to know.

Marco, phone home!!!!

LJ.
6th August 2007 01:08 PM
Saint Sway I like the new V.I.P. "Hot Rock" Seats

quote:
Jeep wrote:

9th August 2007 01:19 PM
keefkid
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
nah, it's the coke--he needs the coke to straighten out from the booze--without the coke buzz, he's just a sloppy drunk per last show...

how very very very very TRUE...

!!!

cocaine is a drunks best friend...

lol
11th August 2007 03:46 PM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
Doxa wrote:
Well, of those Finnish tabloid covers. Iltalehti writes that "Mick is still rock" and "Keith fell down on stage".

I guess Keith lived a bit too much according to his wasted image and will be remembered here for that...

- Doxa

He really fell on stage I SAW IT MY SELF! Anyway Hello i were in that concert and i loved it Mick was on fire and ron and keef played superbly and charlie played drums very nicely! The reason im writing this now and not a day after the gig coz' i was on a trip after that i actually went to Denmark same time when they were playin' in the parken. I really wanted to go there but i didint got tickets dAMN! But anyway it was a great gig and im sure that if no one from the stones are not going to go under mud or what ever you called it im sure that theyre going to make another tour after this. MARK MY WORDS!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)