ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007
© Stray Cat UK
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Olympiastadion, Helsinki, Finland 1st August 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
2nd August 2007 07:19 AM
luxury1 Moonisup--what did you read, and where??
2nd August 2007 08:06 AM
Pierre Review from IORR board :

+ :

Oh I am such a happy FinnStone!

The floor seats we had in A4 were so great and all that talk of people having to sit down during the show and a worse atmosphere was rubbish. I have been to many GA standing Stones shows and I don't know why people moan about the seats on pitch system. With reserved seats we could stay in the bar longer, wander about the stadium, go to the merch stands, go to toilet just before the start, buy food/drink, put jackets/bags under our chair, dance and more. And it was so nice not having to queue/stand for hours for a good place and then for some tall drunk to push through and stand right in front of you.

The skies were warm, sunny and bright blue at the beginning but thankfully by the end it was dark and the stage could really be seen in full affect. And the stadium was totally full even the very last row at the back. Mick was so right when he said he was glad the gig wasn't the night before(cold wind and rain).

I was worried about Keith at the beginning but he seemed to wake up when it came to his two songs. He did them very well. I think rather than moan about his faults we should be lucky we can still see the legend on stage. There will never be another human riff.

Ronnie was working very well with his Finnish made guitar with the blue light!

Charlie looked really with it but his drums didn't seem to be quite loud enough in the mix for me.

The musical highlights for me were Sweet Virginia, CYHMK and Paint it Black.

Mick was fantastic, he just never grows old. He talked alot of Finnish, even did the introductions in Finnish and totally won over the crowd! Everyone laughed alot at his 'cheap shoes' jibe at Lisa while on the big screen she didn't understand a word he said.

Walking out of the stadium everyone seemed really happy and thrilled at the show.

THe Stones are still Rolling!

------------------
- :

Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol (IP Logged)
Date: August 2, 2007 12:44

Keith was in horribe condition! I could almost cry when I saw him at stage. The man was so drunk that he barely stand. I am still very much sad and shocked because the last night. How can my life long hero make such a clown for himself

I didn't saw him falling at B-stage since I was quite near the stage (A2), but I saw him falling down during She So Cold and I also saw him nearly falling couple of other times. At one point he was far left at stage and suddenly I saw him starting to fall down bacwards, but hopefully there was a fence behind him and that saved him. I was real scared in that moment. I really thought he would fall down from the stage.

A falling down during She So Cold was even more shamefull when he keep playing while lying on stage and pretending that nothing happened.

I won't say anything about his playing because (thank god) he played very little.

Sorry about the very negative opinion, but this is what I am thinking about.

2nd August 2007 08:37 AM
Jumacfly Keith was falling during SSC??
we need a video!
2nd August 2007 09:30 AM
luxury1 Oh boy, I bet Mick was quite disgusted with that display...Good thing Chuck is up there.
2nd August 2007 10:17 AM
Moonisup we need pics!
2nd August 2007 11:02 AM
Jeep Photos HBL :

2nd August 2007 11:31 AM
Jeep Photos Aamulehti.fi :

2nd August 2007 11:52 AM
GotToRollMe Jeep and Montana, bless ya. Couldn't find pics from this show anywhere. Thanks!
2nd August 2007 11:56 AM
Jeep Photos Kaleva.fi / Heikki Saukkomaa :

[Edited by Jeep]
2nd August 2007 11:57 AM
Gaby Cool pics! Thanks.
2nd August 2007 11:59 AM
padre What a band! Mick and Charlie were good as always.
But what what I liked most was RRRRONNIE! I was so happy to see Ronnie really getting his chops together again. No fooling around and waving to the audience, but very sharp playing. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing and where the song was going. Damn, I don't think I heard one bum note from the man! He was also high enough in the mix to be heard properly.
But Keef, oh Keef. I don't think I've ever seen him that drunk on stage. He really did fell on his back on SSC and it took a good while for him to get back up. Then after HTW when the small stage rolled back, he fell again on Charlie's drum riser. He smiled and seemed to enjoy himself but he was just about the only one in those 36 000 people to do that. I felt sad to see him in that state. He also nearly fell of the catwalk during SFTD. Playing (when he was able to do that) was sloppy, but miracously the BS intro was fine as was the CYHMK's riffing.
Keith's singing was quite good though. Silver was beautiful (Keith without guitar, wonderful slide work from Ronnie) and Wanna Hold You had all the verses, not just chorus.
Random notes:
-Sweet Virginia was suprisingly Chuck-driven. He started the song with Mick on harmonica and Mick didn't come in with his acoustic until the 2nd verse. BUT Chuck's playing was all right, didn't bother me at all.
-CYHMK was smoking as was ADTL. Woody on fire on both.
-Wanna Hold You's riff was a mess, sounded like Keith played it with boxing gloves on. Same with Satisfaction. The closest match to yesterdays Satisfaction intro is the Hyde Park's out of tune riff. Blondie played electric during Wanna Hold You.
-I really really would've wanted to hear MR, they've never done it here (except maybe in 1970), but ADTL, LIS, CYHMK and SV were very welcome surprises.

The verdict? The band minus Keith was in top form, their playing was so solid that it carried the ol' pirate. This was definetely Ronnie's night. Go Woody go!!
2nd August 2007 12:10 PM
GotToRollMe Ronnie's been in top form for every show I've seen this tour. He blazes on "All Down The Line."
2nd August 2007 12:12 PM
glencar Man, it's sd to read that about Keith. In one of the photos above, he looks like a trashed Jack Nicholson.
2nd August 2007 01:14 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
Man, it's sd to read that about Keith. In one of the photos above, he looks like a trashed Jack Nicholson.

It pisses me off.

Mick and Charlie will NOT tolerate this after August.

Dammit, Keith.

LJ.
2nd August 2007 02:38 PM
glencar I will not be happy if he pulls that shit at Slane. I mean Finland is the boondocks but when I see a show, I don't need to see a drunken ass, unless it's me!
2nd August 2007 03:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I will not be happy if he pulls that shit at Slane. I mean Finland is the boondocks but when I see a show, I don't need to see a drunken ass, unless it's me!

Not drink-related, but medication-related I would imagine.

2nd August 2007 03:10 PM
glencar For the [mini]strokes?
[Edited by glencar]
2nd August 2007 03:15 PM
Gazza As a result of the brain surgery, anyway.

Interesting and quite candid comment by Keith in the new issue of MOJO that came out yesterday. Mentioned that he was forced to give up cocaine after his accident because of the medication (Dilantin) that he's on following his brain surgery. Basically, coke is a no-no.

Dilantin is an anti-seizure drug. I'm no medical expert but that suggests that he's just prone to the occasional 'absence'...
2nd August 2007 03:28 PM
Bitch Yes, thank God Ronnie's guitar playing is ass-kicking! Holy fuck I hope KEEF doesn't hurt himself falling down! You know what happens when people reach a certain age, they are prone to hip and bone fractures, which could be serious. Crap I'm WORRIED ABOUT KEEF! KEEF - please be careful, man!
2nd August 2007 05:12 PM
montana VIDEO FOOTAGE, start me up and rough justice excerpts

http://viihde.mtv3.fi/videot/index..../?2007/8/105131
2nd August 2007 05:27 PM
lotsajizz Keith has been an asshole about his substances--especially alcohol--for some years now!
2nd August 2007 05:48 PM
montana a few more pix, seems to be from fans sent to newspaper website

2nd August 2007 06:23 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the photos Montana and Jeep
2nd August 2007 06:58 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
As a result of the brain surgery, anyway.

Interesting and quite candid comment by Keith in the new issue of MOJO that came out yesterday. Mentioned that he was forced to give up cocaine after his accident because of the medication (Dilantin) that he's on following his brain surgery. Basically, coke is a no-no.

Dilantin is an anti-seizure drug. I'm no medical expert but that suggests that he's just prone to the occasional 'absence'...

As the alchoholic he is I'm sure the Stoly still makes its appearance....Mixing is not good of course....I'm worried bout Keef..this is bad.....
2nd August 2007 08:15 PM
LadyJane Post traumatic seizures are common after a head injury such as Keith's and the anti-convulsive medicine is likely a precaution.

I highly doubt Keith would have been given medical clearance and tour insurance had the condition been too serious.

However, I remain concerned as well.

The alcoholism is taking it's toll.
As is the arthritis.
As is the head injury
As is the medications for the above.

If he'd JUST cut back on the boozing.......

Very very frustrating.

LJ.
2nd August 2007 08:19 PM
glencar Sadly, it's clearly time to cut back on the touring & look after his own health.
3rd August 2007 02:18 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

TD is played very well on this tour, faster than Licks tour and is a real highlight of the show!
just my 2 cents from what I ve seen this summer.

indeed Ju - i hear it makes grown men cry!!
3rd August 2007 02:28 AM
stonedinaustralia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenytoin

i see "falling over mid-gig" has not been cited as a side effect

seems it was one of Nixon's favourite drugs too

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
3rd August 2007 08:27 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The alcoholism is taking it's toll.

If he'd JUST cut back on the boozing.......

LJ.

Please explain further. TIA
3rd August 2007 08:46 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Please explain further. TIA

What is there to explain?

Keith is an alcholic.
It is effecting his life and his work.
It is also not helping his other medical problems, whatever they might be.
I wish he'd quit entirely, but that's not likely to happen.

So...maybe if he'd cut back...say...BEFORE A PERFORMANCE...it might be a good idea.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)