ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Slane Castle, Slane (near Dublin), Aug 18, 2007
© Stray Cat UK
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Olympiastadion, Helsinki, Finland 1st August 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
1st August 2007 04:11 PM
Stray Cat UK thanks Gazza

scuk
1st August 2007 04:11 PM
MidnightRambler Always wondered...how many shows throughout their entire career have identical set lists? Do they make it a point to try their best not to have shows duplicate?
1st August 2007 04:13 PM
Martha Geez, I haven't had lunch and the show is over! Great to see All Down The Line and Sweet Virginia in the set. Thanks everyone!

xxoo,
Martha

PS Happy Birthday Capt. Sway!
1st August 2007 04:19 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:
Always wondered...how many shows throughout their entire career have identical set lists? Do they make it a point to try their best not to have shows duplicate?

have a look at the aerosmith setlists as of late. yes, it can be done.

dude...they're really not ALL that bad.
1st August 2007 04:21 PM
Gazza
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:
Always wondered...how many shows throughout their entire career have identical set lists? Do they make it a point to try their best not to have shows duplicate?

Its only really since the 90s theyve made a point of changing things around.

In tours prior to that you might get maybe one of two songs that rotated but as often as not you might get pretty much the same show for weeks on end.

They eventually realised I think that audiences have different expectations, people go yo more than one show and also that they needed to do it to keep things fresh for themselves.
1st August 2007 04:25 PM
shakedhandswithkeith No "I`ll go crazy" tonight?
1st August 2007 04:42 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:
No "I`ll go crazy" tonight?

No..and I bet it was only Lisa that missed it.......
1st August 2007 05:38 PM
montana pix

and these are 'pre-show' pix

1st August 2007 05:42 PM
montana more

[Edited by montana]
1st August 2007 05:57 PM
macman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is a great run of songs from 3 to 9:
3. ROUGH JUSTICE
4. ALL DOWN THE LINE
5. SHE'S SO COLD
6. LOVE IS STRONG
7. SWEET VIRGINIA
8. CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKIN'
9. TUMBLING DICE

of course, after Keith's set its time to head home. Its a shame they've ruined the b-stage and made it part of the the warhorse run

I'm certainly not putting anyone down here just my opinion:
This is a very nice setlist indeed but I cannot include # 9. That is THE MOST tired sounding song the boys play these days. The whole juggling the dice sideshow that Lisa & Bernard do is so annoying!! If they must play this they need to listen to some of the versions from 78 when they definitely had their weave on! I know, I know, its not 1978 anymore, but nontheless the version they have given us for the past several tours is stale to my ears.
1st August 2007 06:05 PM
Doxa About the show itself: a poster named "Topi" from IORR says that Keith seemed to be quite drunk and fell down twice... Also something similar about Keith's condition is mentioned in the first released Finnish media raports.

- Doxa
1st August 2007 06:31 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
montana wrote:
pix

and these are 'pre-show' pix

its about time i got to see ronnie giving mick the what if in the last picture...at this point i bet mick is not thinking about pushing and shoving him around these days...he is probably more like yes ronnie good ronnie play the gee tar well ronnie and make me a shit load of money ronnie.

it funny how times change.
1st August 2007 06:33 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
montana wrote:

[Edited by montana]

this was the photo i was thinking about
1st August 2007 07:25 PM
speedfreakjive that almost looks like it could have been taken from the Voodoo Lounge Tour, they're both looking good!

[Edited by speedfreakjive]
1st August 2007 09:11 PM
tumbled a really great set today...

...charlie is smiling too.
1st August 2007 10:33 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
montana wrote:
more

I dig the shades.
1st August 2007 11:04 PM
tumbled I love them too...

Ima feeling all warm and fuzzy now the tour is on its last bend... ah.... there will be days ahead folks when we won't get to gaze upon such beauty....alas..

did u guys get the silver airline email? temptation. the airplane with a bed to stretch out on! how much fun could that be??
[Edited by tumbled]
1st August 2007 11:09 PM
Bitch A good setlist, but nothing really new to talk about!
1. START ME UP

2. LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER

3. ROUGH JUSTICE

4. ALL DOWN THE LINE

5. SHE'S SO COLD

6. LOVE IS STRONG

7. SWEET VIRGINIA

8. CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKIN'

9. TUMBLING DICE

10. YOU GOT THE SILVER

11. WANNA HOLD YOU

12. MISS YOU (to b stage)

13. IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N' ROLL (b-stage)

14. SATISFACTION (B-stage)

15. HONKY TONK WOMEN (Back to main stage)

16. SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

17. PAINT IT BLACK

18. JUMPIN' JACK FLASH

19. BROWN SUGAR (Encore)

[Edited by Bitch]
1st August 2007 11:10 PM
tumbled bitch
bitch
bitch

how i luv ya how i love ya..

1st August 2007 11:15 PM
glencar When's the last time they did It's All Over Now on the b-stage & is it something I HAVE to see?
1st August 2007 11:33 PM
tumbled its something you have to see..

you know charlie is looking a little TOO happy in that header pic its scaring me for real....
2nd August 2007 02:50 AM
axl79 Great setlist,
Seems that Gothenburg gets an ordinary one.

Is this A Bigger Bang Tour ???
Only one song from the album has been played, "Rough Justice".

[Edited by axl79]
2nd August 2007 03:05 AM
montana a little bit more:

2nd August 2007 03:16 AM
montana and even more:

from metro issue (to download the pdf of the complete issue -about 14mb- follow the link: http://www.metrolehti.fi/content/ac...802_A_metro.pdf )

frontpage

superb!!!

and a few more from inside iltalehti issue

[Edited by montana]
2nd August 2007 04:31 AM
Doxa Well, of those Finnish tabloid covers. Iltalehti writes that "Mick is still rock" and "Keith fell down on stage".

I guess Keith lived a bit too much according to his wasted image and will be remembered here for that...

- Doxa
2nd August 2007 04:34 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
macman wrote:

# 9. That is THE MOST tired sounding song the boys play these days. The whole juggling the dice sideshow that Lisa & Bernard do is so annoying!! If they must play this they need to listen to some of the versions from 78 when they definitely had their weave on! I know, I know, its not 1978 anymore, but nontheless the version they have given us for the past several tours is stale to my ears.

TD is played very well on this tour, faster than Licks tour and is a real highlight of the show!
just my 2 cents from what I ve seen this summer.
2nd August 2007 05:44 AM
Gaby
quote:
glencar wrote:
When's the last time they did It's All Over Now on the b-stage & is it something I HAVE to see?

I know they played it San Sebastian on June 23rd 'cause I was there, don't know if they've played it since.
2nd August 2007 06:15 AM
TomL That's the best first ten this tour.
2nd August 2007 07:05 AM
Moonisup read some bad reviews
2nd August 2007 07:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
Gaby wrote:

I know they played it San Sebastian on June 23rd 'cause I was there, don't know if they've played it since.

Lisbon
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)