ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Give the world the best tour so far or leave us alone!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ultimate challenge: Identify these Stones songs Return to archive
August 16th, 2005 11:56 PM
VivreEstEsperer Hey all, was wondering if you could help me. I'm dying to go to the Boston Stones concert, and my local oldies station is doing an "Identify these 6 rolling stones songs and win tickets" game. Problem is no matter how hard I try I can't get more than 3, maybe 4 of the songs.
The first two are Paint it black, satisfaction, obviously. then there's jumping jack flash in there and maybe get off my cloud. can anyone figure out the rest?

thank you!

here is the link to listen, i taped it and put it online:

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/stereoldies/rollingstones.wav

Kate
August 17th, 2005 12:18 AM
Taptrick They're really making it tricky. I'm not even clearly hearing 5 splices much less 6 songs.

[Edited by Taptrick]
August 17th, 2005 12:34 AM
pdog
quote:
VivreEstEsperer wrote:
Hey all, was wondering if you could help me. I'm dying to go to the Boston Stones concert, and my local oldies station is doing an "Identify these 6 rolling stones songs and win tickets" game. Problem is no matter how hard I try I can't get more than 3, maybe 4 of the songs.
The first two are Paint it black, satisfaction, obviously. then there's jumping jack flash in there and maybe get off my cloud. can anyone figure out the rest?

thank you!

here is the link to listen, i taped it and put it online:

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/stereoldies/rollingstones.wav

Kate

Kate,
I hear PIB, Satisfaction, Ruby Tuesday, Get Off My Cloud, JJF... I think there's something else, but it's really hard and I played it over and over.
August 17th, 2005 12:58 AM
VivreEstEsperer Yeah, they did make it quite difficult, I'm wondering if they'll ever get a winner. Probably sprinkle in some liberal hints at the end.

You're quite good for getting five!

trying to dissect this:

"...summer" obviously paint it black
horns -- satisfaction? the word try is obv. also satisfaction, are the horns and the word from the same song?
drums follow the word try. Is this what you think is Ruby Tuesday? which is a very good guess, by the way.
I thought of get off my cloud too but am not sure where it would fit in.
There is one solo drum beat after the "watch it," which is JJF of course, I'm wondering what that could be.

wow, this could drive you crazy.

any more guesses, keep them coming in.

Kate
August 17th, 2005 12:58 AM
Starbuck an impossible task. sorry, they're just too damn fast!
August 17th, 2005 09:50 AM
Trey Krimsin I think it goes like this:

Paint It, Black
Satisfaction
Ruby Tuesday
Get Off Of My Cloud
Under My Thumb
Jumpin' Jack Flash
August 17th, 2005 10:40 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER The other song is probably Gimmie shelter when the man is speaking
August 17th, 2005 03:22 PM
VivreEstEsperer Someone just won, if you can believe it.

It was

Paint It Black
Satisfaction

then I was trying to write down the others and it went too fast and I didn't get them but got most. Not necessarily in the right order:

Get off My Cloud
Jumping Jack Flash
Honky Tonk Woman

wish I could remember the last one

Pretty good. I don't know how all those songs could be in there but I'm impressed.

Kate
August 17th, 2005 04:41 PM
Poplar
I heard:

Paint It, Black
Satisfaction
Let's Spend the Night Together
Get Off My Cloud
JJF
August 17th, 2005 05:25 PM
KeepRigid I had:

Too Wild To Tame - The Boys
Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones
YMCA - Village People
Danke Schoen - Wayne Newton
Straight On - Heart
The Star Spangled Banner - Francis Scott Key
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)