ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Give the world the best tour so far or leave us alone!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fan Club contest to win On Stage "seats" Return to archive
August 16th, 2005 10:44 PM
Mr Jimmy An email I received from rollingstones.com:

Dear Fan Club Members,

It's just days now until The Rolling Stones kick-off their A Bigger Bang World Tour with what is sure to be a historic show on August 21st at Fenway Park. The Fan Club can think of no better way to celebrate the impending start of the tour than to announce our On Stage ticket giveaway!

We know many of you have been waiting breathlessly, but the wait is over. Now is your chance to not only see the show, but to be a part of it. The Rolling Stones Fan Club has limited On Stage seats at every stadium show in North America and we are giving them away to Fan Club members.

Perched atop the stage, you'll have a bird's eye view of every movement the band makes - a sight you're not likely to forget anytime soon!

All you have to do to take part in this amazing opportunity is to visit RollingStones.com and fill out the entry form, noting your preference for which stadium you most want to be On Stage. The Fan Club will take care of the rest.

This contest is open to all members. So, if you’re not a member yet, but you’ve purchased a ticket to the Rolling Stones’ A Bigger Bang World Tour, activate the Fan Club membership that comes with each ticket and you become eligible to win!  Click here to activate your membership. If you haven't purchased a ticket, but don't want to be left out, join the Fan Club here and take part in all the privileges of a Platinum Membership!

If you are selected to watch the show from On Stage, don't forget to tell us how the view was from up there!

Cheers,

RollingStones.com

August 17th, 2005 02:24 AM
pdog I'm waiting to enter the contest. RS.com has too amny flaws with it already. Since I'll be trying for a west coast gig, I can wait until they fix the bugs. Better yet, snail mail entry may be the best!
August 17th, 2005 04:45 AM
Gazza >Perched atop the stage, you'll have a bird's eye view of every movement the band makes - a sight you're not likely to forget anytime soon!

is it just me or does "perched atop the stage" bring images of being as high up as where Mick made his dramatic entrance to "Sympathy" on the Steel Wheels tour
August 17th, 2005 08:31 AM
T&A luckily the birds in SF tend to fly pretty low....
August 17th, 2005 08:41 AM
Gazza Bit surprised that theyve left these contests so late...several of the shows take place in the next few days or couple of weeks - hardly ideal for making travel plans at the drop of a hat shoud you be lucky enough to win
August 17th, 2005 09:18 AM
Gimme Shelter I've entered
August 17th, 2005 11:21 AM
luxury1 Oh good, "bird's eye view" and all that...considering I am scared of heights and suffer from vertigo. I will most likely have a panic attack during the opening song,--here's hoping no one is filming Hartford.
August 17th, 2005 11:25 AM
Joey
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
considering I am scared of heights and suffer from vertigo. I will most likely have a panic attack during the opening song,--here's hoping no one is filming Hartford.

I too am scared of heights and suffer from vertigo ......

I also suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
August 17th, 2005 11:36 AM
nankerphelge Stones Fan Brings New Meaning to "On Stage"
by nankerphelge
Hartford Tribune
August 27, 2005

In what Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger described as "a good plan gone all wrong" authorities are looking into a New York woman's fall into drummer Charlie Watts' drum set from the upper levels of the Stones "on stage seating."

Although the precise cause of the fall is still under investigation, it appears the woman, known only as "luxy" was experiencing vertigo and dizziness when she plummeted to the stage during the concert. "This chick just fell outta nowhere" said Keith Richards, guitarist for the Stones. "I offered her some of my medication, but I think she'd already had enough," chuckled Keith. "Some fans will do anything to get on stage" said Jagger "but this is a new one."

Lawyers for the band have cancelled the "on stage" seats for future shows fearing a repeat. "The Stones really liked the idea, but we can't have this type of behavior. It is unfortunate that some people insist on pushing the boundaries despite their problems with heights and alcohol."
August 17th, 2005 03:04 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Stones Fan Brings New Meaning to "On Stage"
by nankerphelge
Hartford Tribune
August 27, 2005

In what Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger described as "a good plan gone all wrong" authorities are looking into a New York woman's fall into drummer Charlie Watts' drum set from the upper levels of the Stones "on stage seating."

Although the precise cause of the fall is still under investigation, it appears the woman, known only as "luxy" was experiencing vertigo and dizziness when she plummeted to the stage during the concert. "This chick just fell outta nowhere" said Keith Richards, guitarist for the Stones. "I offered her some of my medication, but I think she'd already had enough," chuckled Keith. "Some fans will do anything to get on stage" said Jagger "but this is a new one."

Lawyers for the band have cancelled the "on stage" seats for future shows fearing a repeat. "The Stones really liked the idea, but we can't have this type of behavior. It is unfortunate that some people insist on pushing the boundaries despite their problems with heights and alcohol."

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

Nanky , please feel free to take a massive dump this afternoon !

August 17th, 2005 05:18 PM
Steel Wheels I entered to win the seats in Hershey. I better win. I want this really bad!

Imagine how close I'll be to Charlie! CHARLIE!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)