ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Give the world the best tour so far or leave us alone!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pacino to play Napoleon (nsc) Return to archive
August 16th, 2005 02:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels PACINO TO PLAY NAPOLEON

Hollywood legend AL PACINO is gearing up for another career defining role after signing to play NAPOLEON BONAPARTE in a forthcoming biopic of the French emperor.

After striking up a successful working relationship with producer BARRY NAVIDI and director MICHAEL RADFORD on last year's (04) THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, Pacino was keen to work with the team again for the Napoleon film.

Oscar-winner Pacino, 65, has been waiting seven years to play the diminutive Frenchman and only agreed to step into he 19th century role when he found the right film-makers.

Producer Navidi enthuses, "We're going to concentrate on the last few years of Napoleon's life in exile.

"We've based it on the diaries of British teenager BETSY BALCOMBE, who struck up a relationship with Napoleon when he was living on St. Helena, and with whom he subsequently became infatuated. We were overjoyed when Al finally signed this week - we start filming next summer and hope to take it to Cannes Film Festival in 2007."

16/08/2005 17:35
contactmusic
August 16th, 2005 02:04 PM
jb WTF is with his wig???
August 16th, 2005 02:16 PM
pdog He's short enough!
August 16th, 2005 02:19 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
PACINO TO PLAY NAPOLEON

Hollywood legend AL PACINO is gearing up for another career defining role after signing to play NAPOLEON BONAPARTE in a forthcoming biopic of the French emperor.

After striking up a successful working relationship with producer BARRY NAVIDI and director MICHAEL RADFORD on last year's (04) THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, Pacino was keen to work with the team again for the Napoleon film.

Oscar-winner Pacino, 65, has been waiting seven years to play the diminutive Frenchman and only agreed to step into he 19th century role when he found the right film-makers.

Producer Navidi enthuses, "We're going to concentrate on the last few years of Napoleon's life in exile.

"We've based it on the diaries of British teenager BETSY BALCOMBE, who struck up a relationship with Napoleon when he was living on St. Helena, and with whom he subsequently became infatuated. We were overjoyed when Al finally signed this week - we start filming next summer and hope to take it to Cannes Film Festival in 2007."

16/08/2005 17:35
contactmusic

August 16th, 2005 02:20 PM
pdog
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Another very short man.
August 16th, 2005 02:54 PM
lotsajizz he's too old...the Emperor died at only 56...Pacino is 9 years older but looks 77!
August 16th, 2005 04:32 PM
GimmeExile Pacino is a great actor, but why does he shout his lines for every f'in role?
August 17th, 2005 02:31 AM
MrPleasant I read this idea somewhere, and I wholeheartedly agree: Pacino is one of those actors whose watchability depends on the quality of the movie; same with De Niro (at this point in his career, at least) and, say, Hoffman (something that never happened with Brando). However, when he's in sync with the film, when there's no one else to inhabit the role, he goes from being a major movie star to someone you wish you'd never meet in your life. (Yep - he's better when he plays assholes.)

It's a drag how one of his best performances was shunned by the old bags at the Academy in favour of his gruesomely overrated Lieutenant Colonel Frank (most memorable quote: "Whoo-ah!"), and I mean the less than lovable salesman, Ricky Roma, from Glengarry Glen Ross. Some R-rated lines from Roma:

"All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don't mind it. That's the worst thing that I can confess. You know how long it took me to get there? A long time. When you die you're going to regret the things you don't do. You think you're queer? I'm going to tell you something: we're all queer. You think you're a thief? So what? You get befuddled by a middle-class morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out. You cheated on your wife? You did it, live with it. You fuck little girls, so be it. There's an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what? If you think there is, then be that thing. Bad people go to hell? I don't think so. If you think that, act that way. A hell exists on earth? Yes. I won't live in it. That's me. You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?"

"WHAT YOU'RE HIRED FOR, is to help us... does that seem clear to you? TO HELP US, not to... FUCK-US-UP... to help those who are going out there to try to earn a living... You fairy. You company man."

(In a dialogue with Williamson [Kevin Spacey], non other than Roma's boss...)
Williamson: "[handing Roma lead cards] I'm giving you three leads..."
Ricky Roma: "Three? I count two."
Williamson: "There's three leads there."
Ricky Roma: "Patel? Fuck you. Fucking Shiva handed this guy a million dollars, said Sign the deal! he wouldn't sign. And the god Vishnu too. Fuck you, John! You know your business, I know mine. Your business is being an asshole. I find out whose fucking cousin you are, I'm going to go to him and figure out a way to have your a - fuck you."

(The best part in the whole movie...) "You stupid fucking cunt. Hey, Williamson, I'm talking to you, shithead. You just cost me $6,000. Six thousand dollars, and one Cadillac. That's right. What are you going to do about it? What are you going to do about it, asshole? You're fucking shit. Where did you learn your trade, you stupid fucking cunt, you idiot? Who ever told you that you could work with men?"
[Edited by MrPleasant]
August 17th, 2005 11:43 AM
texile three words:
dog day afternoon.............
August 17th, 2005 08:57 PM
PeerQueer You sir have just likely posted some of the greatest dialogue EVER on this board --- this film, too often overlooked, was fanfucking tastic!! I deal in real estate quite a bit and this movie nailed it. Pacino's character was brilliant. I know his character, deal with them all the time.

Great post of even greater dialogue - - thank you!

quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
I read this idea somewhere, and I wholeheartedly agree: Pacino is one of those actors whose watchability depends on the quality of the movie; same with De Niro (at this point in his career, at least) and, say, Hoffman (something that never happened with Brando). However, when he's in sync with the film, when there's no one else to inhabit the role, he goes from being a major movie star to someone you wish you'd never meet in your life. (Yep - he's better when he plays assholes.)

It's a drag how one of his best performances was shunned by the old bags at the Academy in favour of his gruesomely overrated Lieutenant Colonel Frank (most memorable quote: "Whoo-ah!"), and I mean the less than lovable salesman, Ricky Roma, from Glengarry Glen Ross. Some R-rated lines from Roma:

"All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don't mind it. That's the worst thing that I can confess. You know how long it took me to get there? A long time. When you die you're going to regret the things you don't do. You think you're queer? I'm going to tell you something: we're all queer. You think you're a thief? So what? You get befuddled by a middle-class morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out. You cheated on your wife? You did it, live with it. You fuck little girls, so be it. There's an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what? If you think there is, then be that thing. Bad people go to hell? I don't think so. If you think that, act that way. A hell exists on earth? Yes. I won't live in it. That's me. You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?"

"WHAT YOU'RE HIRED FOR, is to help us... does that seem clear to you? TO HELP US, not to... FUCK-US-UP... to help those who are going out there to try to earn a living... You fairy. You company man."

(In a dialogue with Williamson [Kevin Spacey], non other than Roma's boss...)
Williamson: "[handing Roma lead cards] I'm giving you three leads..."
Ricky Roma: "Three? I count two."
Williamson: "There's three leads there."
Ricky Roma: "Patel? Fuck you. Fucking Shiva handed this guy a million dollars, said Sign the deal! he wouldn't sign. And the god Vishnu too. Fuck you, John! You know your business, I know mine. Your business is being an asshole. I find out whose fucking cousin you are, I'm going to go to him and figure out a way to have your a - fuck you."

(The best part in the whole movie...) "You stupid fucking cunt. Hey, Williamson, I'm talking to you, shithead. You just cost me $6,000. Six thousand dollars, and one Cadillac. That's right. What are you going to do about it? What are you going to do about it, asshole? You're fucking shit. Where did you learn your trade, you stupid fucking cunt, you idiot? Who ever told you that you could work with men?"
[Edited by MrPleasant]

August 17th, 2005 11:49 PM
glencar Hoo Wah!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)