ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Give the world the best tour so far or leave us alone!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stooges and Funhouse Remastered!! (nsc) Return to archive
August 15th, 2005 02:40 PM
patioaintdry Release date: August 16, 2005

Long before the raw power of punk icon Iggy Pop became legend, his first incarnation as Iggy Stooge of proto-punk trailblazers The Stooges roared into being. The essence of punk years before the genre existed, The Stooges' furious music was a howling, visceral, fuzztone-drenched, and unprecedented vortex of sound, as evidenced on their revolutionary self-titled, John Cale-produced 1969 debut album. Their bracing follow-up, Fun House portrayed their evolution into a fiercer, stronger band with Iggy's primal vocals and mad brilliance more potent than ever. Each immortal album is now remastered and twice as amazing with a second disc of rarities and previously unreleased tracks.
August 15th, 2005 09:00 PM
exile
August 16th, 2005 12:29 AM
pdog As far as front men go, I think Iggy legs Mick out by a few inches. Both have longeivity and great presence. Mick is my favorite too. BUT! Iggy pushed limits onstage, literally flirting with near death performances.
It's a photo finish!
Thanks for the info too!
I loves me Stooges!
August 16th, 2005 02:16 AM
exile i think Mick is more professional and knows how to work a crowd more.

iggys a bit more like a truck-smash!!!

Im also a big Iggy fan, would like to see him again in concert. Only seen him once.

I guess the stones are my favourite closely followed by the Iggster
[Edited by exile]
August 16th, 2005 10:56 AM
Mr D
just got both of the reissues this morning

TOP NOTCH!

off to see the Stooges performing the whole of Funhouse at Hammersmith Apollo in a few weeks. can't wait!
August 16th, 2005 11:22 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Damn, I hope they bring that out to NYC. The Stooges, Neil Young and Little Richard are at the top of my list of "acts I need to see before one of them croaks."
August 16th, 2005 08:06 PM
Mr D
i'm a BIG Neil Young fan too, saw him a few times now, once with Crazy Horse (Very Good), once with Booker T (Excellent) and once with Pearl Jam (fucking shit)

i really need to catch him solo now though

August 16th, 2005 08:10 PM
exile
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)