ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Give the world the best tour so far or leave us alone!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: $100,000 to see the Stones with Arnold Schwarzenegger Return to archive
August 15th, 2005 11:16 AM
CS Luxury Box to See Rolling Stones: $100,000
By Associated Press
August 12, 2005, 12:06 PM EDT

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Concert tickets for major acts are costly, but $100,000 to see the Rolling Stones? That's the price to join Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger in a luxury box at the Stones' Aug. 21 show at Boston's Fenway Park. The event will cap a multistate fundraising swing that begins next week for Schwarzenegger's Nov. 8 special election.

Schwarzenegger will host a private reception for 40 guests who give $10,000 each to his campaign account. Guests contributing $100,000 apiece will be invited to watch the concert with Schwarzenegger in a luxury box.

The concert event was arranged after mortgage lender Ameriquest, the lead sponsor of the Stones' 2005 tour, offered Schwarzenegger more than three dozen center stage and luxury box seats. A company spokesman refused comment to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Fran Curtis, the Stones' publicist, said the band had no role in the governor's fundraiser.

The Stones' new album, "A Bigger Bang," is scheduled for release Sept. 6
August 15th, 2005 11:19 AM
jb Will his alleged mistress be there...........good 'ole Republican values.....but no BJ's allowed....
August 15th, 2005 11:21 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Will his alleged mistress be there

I now respect the man and will probably vote for him .
August 15th, 2005 11:53 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Will his alleged mistress be there...........good 'ole Republican values.....but no BJ's allowed....

jb howe is Susan Lucci?
August 15th, 2005 12:10 PM
sirmoonie Why would anyone go to see the Stones with a ball shriveled Nazi?
August 15th, 2005 12:11 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Why would anyone go to see the Stones with a ball shriveled Nazi?

The tour is a bust ( See : second SBC show )

WIDE OPEN :
August 15th, 2005 12:27 PM
the good
quote:
jb wrote:
Will his alleged mistress be there...........good 'ole Republican values.....but no BJ's allowed....

Arnold is not dumb enough to get a bj from his mistress in a box seat (and certainly not from an intern in the governor's office). That's the difference between Republican's and Democrats, or in Clinton's case, Republicans and those who play them on T.V.
August 15th, 2005 12:32 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Why would anyone go to see the Stones with a ball shriveled Nazi?

Will his creepy wife be there too? If she is, I'll refuse to pay one dime over $50,000. That'll teach 'em!
August 15th, 2005 12:55 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

jb howe is Susan Lucci?

I'm a democrat................not a republican whose party line is family values....values like cutting back 50 billion for Veterans, leaving 40 million plus uninsured, giving guys like me a huge tax break and throwing $300 bone to the middle class who are to ignorant to realize they are getting fucked, denying women reproductive rights, starting wars with coutries who are no threat, but kow-towing to Saudi Oil and ignoring Iran, N. Korea, Syria, and China...........and lastly, refusing to meet with a ditressed woman whose son was killed fighting for what Fox News calls our freedom.....and then turning the dogs on her to make her look like a looney tune.............
Anyway, hope all esle is well in Wisconson Tele!!!
[Edited by jb]
August 15th, 2005 12:57 PM
Monkey Woman I bet some Republicans would pay way more than $100,000 to see Ahnuld's mistress give him a bj in a boxseat during a Stones concert!
August 15th, 2005 01:03 PM
jb
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
I bet some Republicans would pay way more than $100,000 to see Ahnuld's mistress give him a bj in a boxseat during a Stones concert!

They are the most perverted of all....they love to tell other what not to do, while they are out doing it(see Jimmy Swaggert, James Baker, etc).
[Edited by jb]
August 15th, 2005 01:59 PM
Joey " I'm a democrat................not a republican whose party line is family values....values like cutting back 50 billion for Veterans, leaving 40 million plus uninsured, giving guys like me a huge tax break and throwing $300 bone to the middle class who are to ignorant to realize they are getting fu##ed, denying women reproductive rights, starting wars with coutries who are no threat, but kow-towing to Saudi Oil and ignoring Iran, N. Korea, Syria, and China...........and lastly, refusing to meet with a ditressed woman whose son was killed fighting for what Fox News calls our freedom....."

|
|
|
|
V

August 15th, 2005 02:38 PM
jb She is a great woman!!!!
August 15th, 2005 02:56 PM
Taptrick
I was glad to see Gray Davis go and Arnold come into office. The day he took office my car registration fee dropped $300.
However, I'm not sure going to Fenway is a wise thing for Arnold. Wouldn't that be funny if The Stones decided to play Neocon that night. Oh man the press would have a field day. Mick could look right at Arnold when he sang certain lines. Granted Arnold's not labeled a neocon but he still represents the party. Probably a little too controversial for Mick though. We'll see....

August 15th, 2005 03:00 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
She is a great woman!!!!

She will win election to the Presidency in 2008 .

August 15th, 2005 04:03 PM
Poplar
quote:
Joey wrote:
She will win election to the Presidency in 2008 .

August 15th, 2005 04:05 PM
Joey
quote:
Poplar wrote:

!!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!!
August 15th, 2005 05:26 PM
waaghals The Stones should ban Arnie from the stadium for scalping tickets, although I'd like to see his face when they play sweet neo con!
August 16th, 2005 11:16 AM
jb
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

I was glad to see Gray Davis go and Arnold come into office. The day he took office my car registration fee dropped $300.
However, I'm not sure going to Fenway is a wise thing for Arnold. Wouldn't that be funny if The Stones decided to play Neocon that night. Oh man the press would have a field day. Mick could look right at Arnold when he sang certain lines. Granted Arnold's not labeled a neocon but he still represents the party. Probably a little too controversial for Mick though. We'll see....

He will be busy groping Stones groupies while his dog wife talks with Uncle Teddy.
August 16th, 2005 11:19 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
waaghals wrote:
The Stones should ban Arnie from the stadium for scalping tickets, although I'd like to see his face when they play sweet neo con!

Can't say Arnie's light would go on even if they did...
August 16th, 2005 11:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
waaghals wrote:
The Stones should ban Arnie from the stadium for scalping tickets

good point. They sacked Jim callaghan and other people on the last tour for something similar, after all.

However, I think Arnold got his allocation from AmeriQuest
August 16th, 2005 11:20 AM
blackandblue
quote:
jb wrote:

He will be busy groping Stones groupies while his dog wife talks with Uncle Teddy.

I don't know who uncle teddy is but maybe he deserves a bj
August 16th, 2005 11:29 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

good point. They sacked Jim callaghan and other people on the last tour for something similar, after all.

However, I think Arnold got his allocation from AmeriQuest

What was done to JC eas appalling..................
August 16th, 2005 11:30 AM
pdog The Bust Is A Tour!
Arnie's legs are wide open!
Fuck Hillary Clinton. She is so moderate she should start a new party. She says whatever people want to hear. Howe funny is it her opponent is also a Desperate Housewife?
Fuck Arnie... Who said they got $300.00 bucks back from him? You sold out your state for $300.00... WHORE!
Keep the money, then again CA is worse off than it was with Davis!
What the fuck is wrong with people?
August 16th, 2005 11:37 AM
jb Mr. L has left the building............
August 16th, 2005 04:33 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Mr. L has left the building............

******** END TRANSMISSION *******
August 16th, 2005 05:19 PM
Taptrick
Pdog: wow a lot of anger there. But I'm not a resident of your state and the term received money back is incorrect. I simply kept the money I owned.

August 16th, 2005 05:23 PM
pdog
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Pdog: wow a lot of anger there. But I'm not a resident of your state and the term received money back is incorrect. I simply kept the money I owned.

Technically I beleive it was a rebate payment. Regardless, the money wasted in this state is mind boggling. It could be Gray or Gay Arnie, it doesn't matter. They're all exactly the same! Shitty, moderate, paid for with special interest money politicians.
August 16th, 2005 05:31 PM
Taptrick
rebate only if you already paid. But I agree with your last statement. I would consider retiring here as a state resident but honestly can't afford to regardless of who's in charge. 1 million more people in San Diego within 25 years. It's gonna be interesting.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)