ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Give the world the best tour so far or leave us alone!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Worst country acts (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 14th, 2005 07:01 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I know this is a bit off topic but one of the posters got me thinking.
Not necessarily in any real order.

WORST COUNTRY ACTS
1. Garth Brooks
2. Toby Keith (Even though I do like "Beer for my Horses")
3. Boxcar Willie (I hate him...yes...hate.)

MY FAVORITE COUNTRY ACTS
1. Johnny Cash
2. Merle Haggard
3. Hank III
4. Hank I
5. Willie Nelson
6. Dolly Parton
7. Patsy Cline
8. Emmy Lou Harris
9. Dixie Chicks

There's got to be more but I gotta think about it.

August 14th, 2005 07:11 AM
Jumping Jack I saw Toby two weeks ago and he was quite good. Louder than the Stones. You may prefer the politics of the Dixie Chicks, but he is a good songwriter and entertainer.
August 14th, 2005 07:23 AM
M.O.W.A.T. 3 words:

Billy Ray Cyrus
August 14th, 2005 01:06 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! You forgot one great country artist- Waylon Jennings
August 14th, 2005 03:47 PM
Trey Krimsin To me, there are no great country acts. I hate it all.

The worst, in my opinion (basically, the ones that make you want to stab your eyes out, put an ice pick in your eardrums and commit mass murder) are these sacks of filth:

Toby Keith
Billy Ray Cyrus
Dixie Chicks
Garth Brooks
Brooks & Dunn
Kenny Chesney
Big & Rich
And yes, the Fucking Oak Ridge Boys

How I know these groups? Hey I have to know who they are to stay clear of these abominations to music.
August 14th, 2005 03:54 PM
Rutger I know they aren't 'real' country artists, because they go much further than that, but I'd consider both Neil Young and Bob Dylan among the very best in country.
August 14th, 2005 04:18 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:
To me, there are no great country acts. I hate it all.

The worst, in my opinion (basically, the ones that make you want to stab your eyes out, put an ice pick in your eardrums and commit mass murder) are these sacks of filth:

Toby Keith
Billy Ray Cyrus
Dixie Chicks
Garth Brooks
Brooks & Dunn
Kenny Chesney
Big & Rich
And yes, the Fucking Oak Ridge Boys

How I know these groups? Hey I have to know who they are to stay clear of these abominations to music.

I agree it's all crap
August 14th, 2005 05:31 PM
Fadeout_Freedom ... Burritos / Gram Parsons RULED
August 14th, 2005 11:44 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

MY FAVORITE COUNTRY ACTS
1. Johnny Cash
2. Merle Haggard
3. Hank III
4. Hank I
5. Willie Nelson
6. Dolly Parton
7. Patsy Cline
8. Emmy Lou Harris
9. Dixie Chicks

You really like the dixie chicks ?
August 14th, 2005 11:49 PM
White House Lawn I like both George Jones AND Tammy Wynette--their vintage stuff, 'natch!
August 15th, 2005 09:04 AM
Factory Girl I love Waylon Jennings-he just puts a smile on my face.
August 15th, 2005 03:34 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>I agree it's all crap<<<
Not all country music is crap, far from it. I agree that the shit they call country today is just that, but the real country music was from the 40's-70's. And if it wasn't for some of that great country music, we wouldn't have had "Exile On Main Street"
August 15th, 2005 03:43 PM
Joey

All Country Acts basically suck .................

I do like The Eagles though ( to the chagrin of many ) ................

August 15th, 2005 03:44 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
>>>I agree it's all crap<<<
Not all country music is crap, far from it. I agree that the shit they call country today is just that, but the real country music was from the 40's-70's. And if it wasn't for some of that great country music, we wouldn't have had "Exile On Main Street"

I agree!!! Country music today basically sucks. It's what I call "Pop Country". However, real, classic country is great!! Johnny Cash is in a class of his own. Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, hell, even some Kenny Rogers is good stuff! Let's not forget David Allan Coe either!

That is real country music!!! Don't let the modern stuff kill the whole genre...Without country music, we wouldn't have Dead Flowers, Far Away Eyes, and my namesake would cease to exist!!! eek!

August 15th, 2005 03:53 PM
2000 Man
quote:
Joey wrote:

All Country Acts basically suck .................

I do like The Eagles though ( to the chagrin of many ) ................

Fuck you, Joey!

Take that back!
August 15th, 2005 03:54 PM
Joey
quote:
2000 Man wrote:

Fuck you, Joey!

Take that back!

Hi Rick ...................................

Flacky !
August 15th, 2005 03:58 PM
gypsy
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I love Waylon Jennings-he just puts a smile on my face.

I love love love Waylon too!
Do you have his son Shooter's album? It's pretty good. He plays the guitar exactly like Waylon. His voice can also sound a lot like Waylon's did when he hits certain notes.
I have a wee crush on Shooter.
August 15th, 2005 03:59 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I love love love Waylon too!
Do you have his son Shooter's album? It's pretty good. He plays the guitar exactly like Waylon. His voice can also sound a lot like Waylon's did when he hits certain notes.
I have a wee crush on Shooter.

Shooter dates that " Hot Piece of Ass " from the Sopranos .

Dr. Dre De Matteo or something ......................

Flackskee !
August 15th, 2005 04:04 PM
2000 Man You like The Eagles AND you think Dr. Dre is a hot piece of ass?

Joey, I should never have awakened you from your slumber in the Rock Hall.
August 15th, 2005 04:07 PM
Joey
quote:
2000 Man wrote:

Joey, I should never have awakened you from your slumber in the Rock Hall.

!!!!

You make Joey weep and shit liquid !

Why 2000 Man do you make Joey use so much toilet paper and wipe so violently ?!?!

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Flacky !
August 15th, 2005 04:09 PM
2000 Man Because I can, Joey.

Because I can.
August 15th, 2005 04:13 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Shooter dates that " Hot Piece of Ass " from the Sopranos .

Dr. Dre De Matteo or something ......................

Flackskee !

Yessir! Joey! They're banging! Indeed!
She is indeed one hot piece of ass. If I ever come out of the closet, I'd do her, Angelina Jolie, and Scarlett Johansson.
YES!
[Edited by gypsy]
August 15th, 2005 04:17 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

If I ever come out of the closet, I'd do her, Angelina Jolie, and Scarlett Johansson.
YES!

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Why do you make The Joey cry so violently ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

*** cue Bernstein music ***
August 15th, 2005 04:20 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Why do you make The Joey cry so violently ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

*** cue Bernstein music ***

You can watch.
August 15th, 2005 04:21 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You can watch.

Oh , Happy Happy Jo Jo Bean !!!!

You SHALL be greeted in Omaha this Fall / Winter
August 15th, 2005 04:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

MY FAVORITE COUNTRY ACTS
1. Johnny Cash
2. Merle Haggard
3. Hank III
4. Hank I
5. Willie Nelson
6. Dolly Parton
7. Patsy Cline
8. Emmy Lou Harris
9. Dixie Chicks

There's got to be more but I gotta think about it.

for the best, I'm surprised no ones mentioned:
Steve Earle
Lucinda Williams
Jay Farrer
Whiskeytown (Ryan Adams)
BR549
August 15th, 2005 11:45 PM
polksalad69 hey TTM, guess who was in Chicago Tuesday night?

[Edited by polksalad69]
August 16th, 2005 05:21 PM
polksalad69 ok, there are plenty bad popcuntry acts out there but why pay attention? that rap cowboy shit comes to mind but I couldnt tell ya who there are.

top living in no particular order

Billy Joe Shaver
Dale Watson
Wayne Hancock
III
Rex Hobart

I'm sure I'm forgetting some...
August 16th, 2005 10:49 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

for the best, I'm surprised no ones mentioned:
Steve Earle
Lucinda Williams
Jay Farrer
Whiskeytown (Ryan Adams)
BR549

Is any of that REAL country? I really love all of those folks, by the way. Steve Earle and Lucinda especially, but their stuff is completely informed by rock & roll. It it seems to me that they are people who recreate country music the way it ought to be if there was a God. I put Robbie Fulks in that category too. And Allison Krauss. They're students of it and can play it but it seems to me it's not quite REAL.

Like the Carter Family and the Stanley Brothers - those people just opened their mouths and that's what came out. Doc Watson. Bill Monroe. That's the REAL stuff. It's gone. You can't create stuff like that in THIS godforsaken world. Johnny Cash pulled it off, but there aren't too many Johnny Cashes left. None the last I counted.

I'm happy to say that I can't tell most of the bad country acts apart. They all look and sound exactly the same to me.
I guess for vintage bad I'll go with Hank Jr. He's bad mainly because he's Hank's son and Hank III's daddy and they both have "it" and he just DON'T. If it wasn't for his bloodline he wouldn't be worth mentioning one way or the other.

August 16th, 2005 11:33 PM
corgi37 All country music is obscene.

All flags, and pick up trucks. Conservative "chicken hawk" crap.

Travis Tritt.

I loathe him! His hair. His beard. His everything.

I dont mind some of the girls though. They are mighty fine, ya'll.

HEE-HAW!

I saw something on cable last night called "Blue collar comedy tour" with Jeff Foxworthy and a couple of "Good old boys".

I laughed. Yes i did. I laughed when i saw a sign on the stage saying "Crawford Meats" - my surname!!! What a bunch of unfunny, hard to understand, inbred, half wit yokels.

Then i turned that crock of shit off.

And tell me this?

Why do them down home dudes have to wear those stupid fucking hats everywhere they go? I mean, in a theatre? Hell, indoors anyway. We get it, you is country.

I hate them all. Yokel morons. Morons 1 and all.

'cept that Daisy Duke (the original, that is).

HEE-HAW! SOOEY!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)