ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Give the world the best tour so far or leave us alone!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Independent: Brian Jones murdered for debt Return to archive
August 14th, 2005 03:31 AM
thejuf http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article305806.ece
August 14th, 2005 03:41 AM
ListenToTheLion *SIGH*
August 14th, 2005 06:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well I'd like to see it resolved one way or another. I had a similar situaton in my family years ago. A labled "suicide" as cause of death but that really wasn't. It can eat away at you if you let it. But at any rate I can sympathize with those who want to reopen the case.
August 14th, 2005 08:11 AM
Monkey Woman What evidence could they hope to find on the body, now, in the state it must be? (Unless Brian was embalmed, but that'd be too creepy.)

I remember reading, last year, the conclusions of the post-mortem examination of Brian's body, posted on a fan site with a discussion by someone claiming to be an expert. There weren't a lot, but it just showed that Brian died of drowning, and there were no evidence of blows or other injuries. If Brian was simply held too long under the water, by someone pushing on his head, there couldn't be marks left on the bones. Maybe an hematoma under the scalp, but wouldn't soft tissues have rotted away by now? (Sorry, this is gruesome business, I know...)

So if they hope to uncover new evidence on the body, they must believe it was something else than drowning??? Maybe they want to reopen the case, but they're not going about it in a very realistic way...

Like the guy from the Brian Jone fan club who says "We carried out an initial forensic examination at the end of last year." A forensic examination of what, exactly??? His gravestone, the Cotchford farm as it is now? The wishes of the bereaved friends, maybe...

The "new witnesses" coming forward each time a book or a movie is done about Brian's death are an interesting phenomenon. A bit sad, really.
August 14th, 2005 08:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
What evidence could they hope to find on the body, now, in the state it must be?

Plenty. If it's the "evidence" is there. Modern forensics is almost becoming godlike.
August 14th, 2005 08:59 AM
Monkey Woman Godlike? Maybe. I think I've read something in a Patricia Cornwell novel (heh!) about finding some marks on the bone surface if there was an hematoma in the flesh just above the bone. Provided you looked for it. Sometimes, too, the post-mortem is not as conclusive in the real life than in films or novels. There are "signs that seem to indicate that" something happened, but no definitive proof, no yes-or-no answer, so it's one of the factors the detectives have to take into consideration, but not the only one.
So even if they succed in getting the police to reopen the case, they may not even then have a clear-cut answer.

Well, I understand that some among Brian's friends and family want to try everything to get the answer.
On the other hand, I can understand also those who prefer to think they won't be able to get at any solid proof, and so just get on with their lives, honoring Brian with listening to his music, instead of trying to go over the matter of his death again. As the main suspect of the "murder scenario" is dead too, maybe it's more sensible? I don't know.

Maybe time will tell us more, like when the police archives were released about Mick's 1969 drug bust. What could we learn if similar internal memos were to be made public now about Brian's death? A matter of time, and maybe also of what his family decide to do. Don't nearest surviving relatives have their saying about what can be released to the press or not?
August 14th, 2005 10:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
So even if they succed in getting the police to reopen the case, they may not even then have a clear-cut answer.

Well, we'd be no worse off than we are now. If Brian was "manslaughtered" then let them set the record straight. Police hate to admit mistakes. The real issue is Truth.
August 14th, 2005 03:13 PM
GerryS Here's the article from todays Sunday Express. Trevor Hobley sent me this and said the article in the Independent was kind of cobbled together..this is the full article...sorry to make it so big but had to do so so you could read it:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
August 14th, 2005 03:16 PM
Helmut
August 15th, 2005 12:11 AM
HellsRollingThunder Brian was buried 10 ft below the ground surface. This was to
insure that no elements could get to the remains like in shallower
graves. The casket is sealed very tight. Someone ordered the
casket to be buried that deep and they don't know exactly why
like for insurance purposes or something else. I wonder if the
seal is still intact. One person brought out something on another
site and that is the Stones are really concerned about Ronnie
Wood. It stated that with their history of Brian Jones this has
opened their eyes to the fact that Ronnie has a serious disease
called alcoholism ( and drugs?) and is having a real hard ti me
quitting. So maybe this will help them understand why it was so
important to be more understanding and supportive of Brian.
Unfortunately no one had the slightest bit of understanding or
knowledge on how to deal with a person dealing with emotional
problems and addiction. Mick Jagger and Brian's Dad were executor of Brians will. That is what I was told and read.
So hopefully if they do exhume his remains may we find out the
truth, the whole truth and nothing but about what did happen.

Also I heard some guy on another site is claiming to be Frank
Thorogood's nephew and resents the implications that his uncle
had anything to do with the drowning. I have never heard about
this person. He had thought about suing or something. He might
want to keep his trap shut for now.
August 15th, 2005 09:23 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since Frank is already dead all who know the truth since then and have remained in silence must be judged (Hi Tom!!)
August 16th, 2005 08:24 PM
nowhere_girl12
quote:
HellsRollingThunder wrote:
Brian was buried 10 ft below the ground surface. This was to
insure that no elements could get to the remains like in shallower
graves. The casket is sealed very tight. Someone ordered the
casket to be buried that deep and they don't know exactly why
like for insurance purposes or something else. I wonder if the
seal is still intact. One person brought out something on another
site and that is the Stones are really concerned about Ronnie
Wood. It stated that with their history of Brian Jones this has
opened their eyes to the fact that Ronnie has a serious disease
called alcoholism ( and drugs?) and is having a real hard ti me
quitting. So maybe this will help them understand why it was so
important to be more understanding and supportive of Brian.
Unfortunately no one had the slightest bit of understanding or
knowledge on how to deal with a person dealing with emotional
problems and addiction. Mick Jagger and Brian's Dad were executor of Brians will. That is what I was told and read.
So hopefully if they do exhume his remains may we find out the
truth, the whole truth and nothing but about what did happen.

Also I heard some guy on another site is claiming to be Frank
Thorogood's nephew and resents the implications that his uncle
had anything to do with the drowning. I have never heard about
this person. He had thought about suing or something. He might
want to keep his trap shut for now.

The casket is buried that deep because the plan is when Brian's parents die, they will be buried with him. (which hasn't happened yet) And I agree totally withw hat you said about Ronnie. Hopefully they'll be able to help him in the way they could never help poor Brian.
August 16th, 2005 09:22 PM
GerryS "Since Frank is already dead all who know the truth since then and have remained in silence must be judged (Hi Tom!!)"

So he reads your board too huh?? Yeah..hi Tom.
August 16th, 2005 10:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ya'll know about The Brian Jonestown Massacre?

There is a great 2 CD best of called "Tepid Peppermint Wonderland: A Retrospective" on TeePee Records. I highly recommend it. You can usually find it on the Amazon Marketplace for under $15.00. Or you can buy it from the band at their website for $16.00.

They are really fantastic. Obviously influenced by Jones era Stones, Dylan, and the Beatles. They even have an album called "Their Satanic Majesty's Second Request". And wait till you get a load of their logo!

Oh, and Brian is really really dead. 30 years dead. Murdered or accidental death or suicide....he's still gonna be dead. And he's gonna stay dead. IMO, it just does NOT matter anymore.

But check that band out. You can thank me later.
August 16th, 2005 11:22 PM
corgi37 I'd say there are a couple of retired coppers who've just made an easy buck for nothing.

August 17th, 2005 12:29 AM
sammy davis jr. I've been listening to Tepid Peppermint Wonderland for the past 6-8 months.....great record and good intro for newbies. I simply haven't grown tired of it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)