ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Give the world the best tour so far or leave us alone!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: listening parties Aug 29th!!!! Return to archive
August 12th, 2005 05:17 PM
Saint Sway heads up Rocks Offers!

I just got back from TO with the scoop... There will be special VIP Bigger Bang listening parties on Aug 29th, held simultaneously at 5 major cities. NY, Chicago, LA etc

anyways... the NY listening party came down to between being held at 2 clubs - either the new Hard Rock Joint and my friends place... .AND .... my friends club scored it!!! He's a big Stones freak - in fact, we trekked together to the Pheonix gig (yes, a full report on that mother of all gigs to come) and hes still up in TO crossing his t's and dotting the i's on this party.

the party is going to be VIP. So invites are going to the usual celeb and industry dickwads. But at my friends club there will be tix made available to the public. I will announce all the details** here on tuesday for anyone who is interested in attending.

cheers!

** sorry. But I cant leak anything else until tuesday when the invites go out. But I will post all the info here then. And help make sure any Stones freaks here interested in attending the NY party will have a shot at getting in.
August 12th, 2005 05:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Enjoy!!

The listening parties are in real great HI FI!!

We're also have the album presnetation pary on September like the one we had for 40 Licks
August 12th, 2005 05:38 PM
Some Guy Atlanta?
August 12th, 2005 05:48 PM
Saint Sway I cant remember if Atl is in the mix... my buddy litterally just inked the deal and called me and rattled a bunch of cities off. I know he said NY LA and Chi and then a few other major markets. So probably Atl SF Bos DC and, of course, Omaha.
August 12th, 2005 05:51 PM
Some Guy Atlanta is a big city you know, we are angling for the Nascar Hall of Fame... Yee Haw!
August 12th, 2005 06:05 PM
Saint Sway Atl rocks! Georgia is the rock and roll capital of the world bro!!!

its the birthplace to my favorite artists...
Little Richard! Gram Parsons! Ray Charles! Otis Redding! James Brown! Allman Brothers! Curtis Mayfield! And THE MOTHER F'IN BLACK CROWES!!!

even good ol Chuck Leavell!
August 12th, 2005 06:34 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Atlanta is a big city you know, we are angling for the Nascar Hall of Fame... Yee Haw!

Charlotte gonna bring some whip-ass down fo dat, baby!
& the Panthers Falcons series this year is gonna be timeless.

August 12th, 2005 06:48 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Charlotte gonna bring some whip-ass down fo dat, baby!
& the Panthers Falcons series this year is gonna be timeless.

That's Hot.
August 12th, 2005 07:11 PM
Poplar
Some Guy - any suggestions for an "Album of the Weekend?"
August 12th, 2005 08:41 PM
ResidentMule man - listening party in NYC - don't be getting my hopes up Sway
August 12th, 2005 09:26 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Some Guy - any suggestions for an "Album of the Weekend?"

Black and Blue
August 12th, 2005 10:12 PM
mac_daddy if you hear anything about the los angeles party, please let me know...

August 13th, 2005 10:59 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
man - listening party in NYC - don't be getting my hopes up Sway

its happening - and your going!! Aug 29th.

MacDaddy, LA info on tuesday - and all other cities.
August 13th, 2005 11:06 AM
Lazy Bones Saint Sway - are these US cities only? I know remaining info is available Tuesday...curious.

Toronto..?
August 13th, 2005 11:08 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Saint Sway - are these US cities only? I know remaining info is available Tuesday...curious.

Toronto..?

Montpellier??
August 13th, 2005 11:13 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Montpellier??

Never say never...
August 13th, 2005 11:26 AM
Saint Sway what you want 6 weeks of rehearsals. A club gig AND a listeninng party?

are you Torontonians ever satisfied?
August 13th, 2005 01:08 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
what you want 6 weeks of rehearsals. A club gig AND a listeninng party?

are you Torontonians ever satisfied?

LOL. "A rolling stone gathers no moss.."
August 14th, 2005 11:28 AM
luxury1 throbby and I will be watching your news on Tuesday, Saint Sway, very closely....would love to attend the NYC bash at your friend's club.
August 15th, 2005 08:15 AM
scope I will be scouring this board on Tuesday for the details as well. Definately something not to be missed.
August 15th, 2005 09:58 AM
Jeffrey829 Can't wait to hear the info on Tuesday. 8/29 is my 30th birthday and I can't think of a better way to spend it!
August 16th, 2005 11:31 AM
Saint Sway OK. My friend is back from Canada and the news is grim.

the listening parties are still a go. But the odds of any fans getting in to the NY one are looking real slim. Looks like one or all of the Stones may even be making an appearance as they are bringing in their own security teams, sound systems etc... and policing this thing big time. Looks like they will have complete control of the list and it doesnt look like my friend will have much say as to who can come in.

this sucks bc I really want all the NY rocksoffers to get in to this. Hopefully some will....

more details developing later today....

I will report back...
August 16th, 2005 11:39 AM
scope Hey, you're trying and that's all that we can ask. With the Stones playing in Canada the night before and the next show not until Wednesday, they would have the time to appear and make this event even bigger. Makes sense, just sucks for us 'little people'.
August 16th, 2005 11:39 AM
justinkurian Thanks for the effort and the info Saint Away. Hopefully, some of us can sneak in!

Thanks again for trying man.
August 16th, 2005 11:47 AM
throbby Saint Sway! Thank you for your effort!
August 16th, 2005 12:18 PM
luxury1 Routine 5 it is then........
August 16th, 2005 04:55 PM
ResidentMule guess I'll just have to wait another week to hear the album then
but Sway if anything happens do update
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)