ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Feyenoord Stadium aka De Kuip August 11, 2003
Sven Hoogerhuis / CyberImage
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brew-Stew-Residue Return to archive
08-15-03 09:41 PM
sandrew Just completed the trio; received "Residue" in the mail today. I've been tracking all this stuff down for four years, now I finally have 'em all. One of my most treasured musical possessions, this package.

Makes me weep at how much better "Voodoo Lounge" should've been, if they'd been a little wiser in their song choice and a little more spartan in their production.

The version of "Anything for You" with Keith on keyboards, working out a melody with Mick. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous.
08-16-03 02:18 AM
marko From BTB album you should get Remixes cd too,long versions
from Out of control,anybody seen,,saint of me etc..
quality is same as in album.
08-16-03 02:44 AM
beer marko. will you do a B-n-P for Voodoo brew, stew or residue??
08-16-03 02:59 AM
marko Yup,but not right now,maybe in september,donīt e-mail me yet.The moving thing you know.Also i will tree that Amsterdam show!on DVD and on CD.
08-16-03 12:46 PM
mac_daddy I cannot get enough of:

Keith's Voodoo Lounge AND the instrumental Voodoo Lounge - Stew

Keith plays his favorites on acoustic guitar (giving a lesson to Don Was, I think) is absolutely essential listening to any Keith fan, and it gives us students of guitar some wonderful examples to emulate - Brew

haven't gone too deeply into residue - is it all outtakes?

enjoy your new find! that 10 disc set am awesome one to have!
08-16-03 01:24 PM
marko Residue isnīt that interesting,but,still worth of getting.
08-16-03 01:28 PM
T&A Yes, while Residue has some "tunes" not found on the other 8 discs, it is definitely more raw stuff - not the full band. Just some ideas being tried out - couple of decent bluesy workouts, though....