ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Feyenoord Stadium aka De Kuip August 11, 2003
Sven Hoogerhuis / CyberImage
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ron wood - rod stewart Return to archive
08-15-03 10:32 AM
honkytonkjoe I have heard that Ron Wood and Rod Stewart will be touring together after the Stones finish touring this year. Does anyone have information about this? Is it Faces reunion tour?
08-15-03 10:56 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
honkytonkjoe wrote:
I have heard that Ron Wood and Rod Stewart will be touring together after the Stones finish touring this year. Does anyone have information about this? Is it Faces reunion tour?

I heard this same thing, Joe. They've been planning to do this since the nineties.

The Faces did reunite once before, one night only, with Bill Wyman replacing the ailing Ronnie Lane on bass, but that was it. With Plonk gone for good, I don't think they have the heart to do it without him. Besides being a fantastic songwriter, he was also a kickass bass player - I don't think you'll see his like again in a long time.

Ronnie's said he'd be thrilled doing it, but that his and Rod's schedules never work out properly.

Also in the works since the late nineties is their joint album "You Strum And I'll Sing", which they've both talked about forever. But Rod is doing another collection of old songs.

Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath, but you never know.

Welcome to the board, by the way!

-tSYX --- Hah, you nearly missed, you ain't so hot!
08-15-03 11:20 AM
jb Lets hope he returns to be Stewarts guitarist so we can finally get a real guitar player back in the band-namely one Mick Taylor.
08-16-03 02:23 AM
Prodigal Son jb, your lack of respect for Woody is disheartening. I hope he's Rod's guitarist again because he brings out the true singing and songwriting talent in Stewart. The man is great with Ronnie. Without him, it's crap, aka "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy," "Young Turks," "Tonight I'm Yours" and syrupy takes on "Have I Told You Lately" and "So Far Away."
Wo-wo-wo-wo-woody!
08-16-03 02:14 PM
Martha I have heard that they are going to tour in the summer of 2004..and am also waiting from more info to come through.

developing........
08-16-03 10:47 PM
T&A I have a pretty good feeling this reunion will come to pass. Rod refers to it often - the title track has already been recorded....seems like a natural. Remember, Rod and Ronnie toured together in promotion of the Unplugged album several years ago...
08-17-03 12:59 AM
Steel Wheels This kind of talk - a Ron/Rod has worried me for a long time. It's sort of looking into the past really.

What if the Stones should really hit a creative streak, turn out some great tunes, and keep the ball rolling?

If all of this is true, it's almost like Ron had a look around, realized there's nothing new down the road for the near future, and put his attention into the Ron&Rod tour.

I'm sure all of this is crap. I hope the Stones lock in tight and record, record, record, and give us a great album.