ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Feyenoord Stadium aka De Kuip August 11, 2003
Sven Hoogerhuis / CyberImage
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: live aid Return to archive
08-14-03 07:42 AM
egon who can spare me some money?

seriously;

live aid 1985.

i can still remember watching it on tv, and being excited
like something big was happening. i was only 12 back then.

the great thing is that my dad taped most of the concert back then. i still have it , it's on the 'video 2000' system.

luckily i still have a working machine, so i can watch it.
however both tape & machine are old, so quality wise it is a bit shitty.

i have never seen an official release of it, which i don't understand. i think a lot of people would be interested in it. i know i would!

especially now with dvd, they could put a lot of extra stuff on it, like back stage etc. (but of course always minus keefs performance!)

has anyone ever seen it anywhere (whether in full or compilation) and if so is it still available?

cheers.
08-14-03 07:51 AM
Nellcote I remember watching it in the day. Great show.
VH1 aired portions of it several years ago, during one of the anniversaries. Beyond that, I do not recall any official release. Imagine the releases needed to make this happen from the primadonna artists who were involved? I agree that it would move product, however I would not look for it soon.
08-14-03 08:43 AM
Doxa I recall that that there was a deal that those live shows would be never broadcasted - or shown in any other way- again. It supposed to be like a one time happening. There has been some anniversary program - maybe 1995 (ten years after).

Doxa