ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Feyenoord Stadium aka De Kuip August 11, 2003
Sven Hoogerhuis / CyberImage
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hi Everyone Return to archive
08-11-03 05:10 PM
Navin
This is a new member, a 31-year-old Stones fan from Bangalore, India for the past 15 years. Greetings to all on board and Stones fans throught the world. Have almost all of the official albums and videos but few boots.
08-11-03 05:15 PM
steel driving hammer Did you see the Stones when they came to your country?

Btw, I very fond of your native music. Very.

Salut.
08-11-03 05:17 PM
Gazza Great to see you here,Navin!! I think you're the first person from India to post here! Hope you enjoyed the Stones concert in Bangalore in April and that you enjoy our website!

08-11-03 05:37 PM
hotlicks BOUT YE(HOW ARE YOU). WELCOME TO THE BOARD.
08-11-03 05:57 PM
Boomy Welcome to the Jungle, Navin. Yer gonna have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!
08-11-03 06:14 PM
Lazy Bones Welcome!!

08-12-03 03:55 PM
Navin
Hi again,

Thank you, guys. I have always been a fan of your board and read most of the posts, very intelligent discussions.

Yes, I saw the Stones live in both Bangalore and Mumbai, also went to the 'Not just jazz at the bay' club in Mumbai after the show. Did you know that Charlie (naturally, a Jazz fan!) was there the previous night! Also, the Stones did some filming there for a possible documentary, unfortunatly could not meet them.

Navin

PS: I love the Dirty Work album, my first and still one of the best!! I dig the discussions on that in particular, myself a bit of a Ronnie fan!
08-12-03 04:30 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Whoo hoo! Ronniefans!

Although, I must admit, I don't think Dirty Work is their finest hour.

In fact, I rather think Dirty Work is one of those albums that should have its two good songs replace any two bad songs (plenty to pick from) on Steel Wheels. Hell, they could even pull "Fight" from Dirty Work to replace "Rock And A Hard Place".

1. Sad Sad Sad
2. Mixed Emotions
3. One Hit (To The Body)
4. Hold On To Your Hat
5. Fight
6. Sex Drive
7. Can't Be Seen
8. Highwire
9. Had It With You
10. Break The Spell
11. Slipping Away

Hey, *that* looks like a quite excellent album. Only thing is, no ballads. Well, I *hate* "Almost Hear You Sigh", but I think I'm in the distinct minority there.

Well, Dirty Work or not, welcome! Good to have you.

-tSYX --- I wanna talk to the boys right away...
08-12-03 05:31 PM
Navin

Ronnie's co-written song themes are always violent:

One Hit: "...one punch and you knock me..."

Fight: "..hole where your nose used to be..splatter matter on the bloody celing.."

1234: "covered in bruises.."

Pretty beat up: "...never restitched me..."

Knock yer teeth out: "..one by one.."

..Many more, I'm sure..
08-12-03 05:36 PM
Navin

Also, to Ron Wood/Faces fans, interesting book, first ever bio on the Faces: 'Last orders, please' by Jim Melly, just got it. Also got Ian MacLagan's 'All the rage' through his site. He personally signed it:

"I hope you like the ramblings of a rambling man!"

Cheers,

(Signed)

Mac's autobiography is great. The other bio also comments upon the Mod scene in Britian, 60's-70's socio-cultural aspects, etc.
08-13-03 01:02 PM
riccardo Navin,
sorry if I ask you,but did you tape(or know someone that did)the Indian shows?
08-13-03 01:14 PM
jb THE INDIA SHOWS DID NOT SELL AS WELL AS I THOUGHT BEING THE STONES FIRST APPEARENCE....INDIA HAS ALWAYS PREFERRED BEATLES B/C OF MAHARISHE INFLUENCE ON LENNON AND HARRISON IN PARTICULAR...YOU ARE STILL WELCOME..
08-13-03 03:01 PM
Joey " INDIA HAS ALWAYS PREFERRED BEATLES B/C OF MAHARISHE INFLUENCE ON LENNON AND HARRISON IN PARTICULAR..."

THE WHO have never played India but I believe Clapton has ........................

Developing .......................

Jacky !
08-13-03 03:11 PM
jb Joey, can you believe Max smoked fags while working at a gas station? I didn't think republicans did such things.
08-13-03 03:49 PM
Navin That Ronnie Cam shot is from the Palace Grounds, Bangalore April 4 show not from Brabourne Stadium Mumbai April 7.
08-13-03 04:05 PM
jb Navin, I love Indian food, especially the breads and lamb....there is a great place on U.S.1 in Boca called Pan Jai? and it is excellent.
[Edited by jb]
08-13-03 04:08 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Navin wrote:
That Ronnie Cam shot is from the Palace Grounds, Bangalore April 4 show not from Brabourne Stadium Mumbai April 7.

Quite awesome shot. Thank you fer gettin' it to us.

I remember reading that bands like Pink Floyd were really popular over there, more so than the Stones. Did the Indian concerts have much impact on that?

How were they, by the way?

-tSYX --- I said-ah-yeah... oh yeah, oh yeah... you'll nevah make a saint of me...
08-13-03 04:13 PM
jb only psedo-intellectuals and druggies like pink floyd..,they are boring and very overrated...i hate them....any real stones fan would not like them either..
08-13-03 04:19 PM
Navin Roger Waters played recently in Bangalore, never went to that..never went to Elton John, Deep Purple, Jet Trotull, Bryan Adams, etc. who all played. The Stones were my first real concert experience, twice at that!

I only like few other bands to a lesser extent like The Clash and Green Day, and Alice Cooper, Billy Idol, Iggy Pop, David Bowie, & David Lee Roth.
[Edited by Navin]
08-13-03 04:21 PM
jb They say Bowie is gay...I hate that horrible rumor about Mick and Bowie..I don't believe it. Bowie is a no-talent who people pretend to like to fit into the elitist groups.
08-13-03 04:24 PM
Navin
I like some of Bowie's videos and the 69-74 period, can't really dig Bowie stuff too much!!
08-13-03 04:28 PM
Navin Mick says about Pink Floyd, "It leaves me cold muscially" Could not put that much better, actually even Bowie's Diamond Dogs is like that...

08-13-03 04:33 PM
Navin Even being a fan for 15 years and seeing them for the first time in Bangalore, it was not like as great as I expected, maybe I saw too many DVD videos and got used to it all, maybe I expected the ground below to move...but it rained too much and spoit much, also the stage was not that big - no B-Stage, no explosions, no "ladies and gentlemen" or other introductions, no opening act (that was welcome, actually!).

There were a lot of Europeans, Americans, and even Japanese at the shows, in fact almost 40% of them were from outside of the country!

I prefered the Mumbai show, was much closer and it was sold out...also in a stadium, no rain but it was sweating buckets!!
08-13-03 04:49 PM
Joey " Joey, can you believe Max smoked fags while working at a gas station? I didn't think republicans did such things. "

Josh , the whole " Gas Station " thing is a little disheartening , disturbing and dispiriting to say the least . I am quite visibly shaken to the core over the entire matter amd completely stirred to sadness . Hug Me .

Next thing you know , Nebraska Billionaire Warren Buffet will be Advising Ahhhhhnold's Gubernatorial Race or something .

Shiver .............................

Developing ..........................

JACKY !!!!!!!!!

{{ J }}

{{ A }}

{{ C }}

{{ K }}

{{ Y }}

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ KINS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

08-13-03 05:34 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
Navin wrote:

I like some of Bowie's videos and the 69-74 period, can't really dig Bowie stuff too much!!

Welcome to the board Navin!

There is a video of really early Bowie stuff. Original Space Oddity and weird mime things. I forgot the title. I got it in the bargin bin. From the late 1960s.

just remembered - Til Tuesday

I think
[Edited by Dandelion*]
08-13-03 06:19 PM
Navin
quote:
Dandelion* wrote:

Welcome to the board Navin!

There is a video of really early Bowie stuff. Original Space Oddity and weird mime things. I forgot the title. I got it in the bargin bin. From the late 1960s.

just remembered - Til Tuesday

I think
[Edited by Dandelion*]

The 2-DVD Best of Bowie is great, almost everything in great quality, also many 'Hidden extras'
08-13-03 11:38 PM
Navin
quote:
jb wrote:
THE INDIA SHOWS DID NOT SELL AS WELL AS I THOUGHT BEING THE STONES FIRST APPEARENCE....INDIA HAS ALWAYS PREFERRED BEATLES B/C OF MAHARISHE INFLUENCE ON LENNON AND HARRISON IN PARTICULAR...YOU ARE STILL WELCOME..

Agree, I have never met a 'real Stones fan' in the flesh, and don't know any from this country! It has always been hard to find Stones material, they are, if you will economically not viable!! The Stones gigs for the present tour were priced at US $10 - $40 and failed to sell out!!!

There was no rock n' radio and MTV frist came in 1991. Even though I am realtively well off and live in a realtively urban place, only with the help of the internet and MP3 could I get all the official albums. Old LPs, vinyls, singles, 45s could be found in some odd places. Tapes in average quality and expensive imports could be found if lucky. Videos were also avaliabe sometimes. My first album was 'Dirty Work' in 1988, later got the CBS CD, and yet again the Virgin re-issue 10 years later, and first bought 'Voodoo Lounge' CD in 1994 when it came out. First Stones book, 'Satifaction' by John Aldridge in 1989 and first saw a full-length 'Lets spend the night together' in 1990, first DVD was B2B in 2000. First boot - Voodoo Stew. First saw the Stones this year in April twice.