ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Feyenoord Stadium aka De Kuip August 11, 2003
Sven Hoogerhuis / CyberImage
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: who would you want for governor? (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-08-03 07:09 PM
mac_daddy Arnold S. (aka "the Terminator")

Gary Coleman (the short kid from the TV sitcom "Dif'rent Strokes")

I can't wait for the commercials re-enacting the time Gary Coleman punched some chick in a dept. store - that'll be almost as rich as Dukakis in that goddamned tank...

the fact that the state is in the worst financial crisis in its history, and now has to pay for a f*cking election between jacka$$es like the ones mentioned above, is insane. That motherf*cker Arnold should spring for the election costs out of his own pocket...

developing...
08-08-03 08:28 PM
doo doo doo Dude You forgot to mention Penthouse magnate and smut peddler Larry Flynt being on the ballot as well as omnipresent L.A billboard queen Angelyne (www.angelyne.com).

Oh, decisions, decisions! .Can'r wait for election day!
08-09-03 12:40 AM
Gimme Shelter Arnold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08-09-03 12:43 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Keith Richards, with Johnny Depp as veep, Mick as campaign manager, Ronnie as Mayor of LA, Charlie as Mayor of Sacremento (quiet job for Charlie). Bill as funeral director.

-tSYX --- Johnny's in the basement, mixin' up the medicine...
08-09-03 12:48 AM
mac_daddy "Ronnie as Mayor of LA"

now him I would vote for!
08-09-03 03:01 AM
MarthaMyDear WE NEED A GOVERNOR WITH A HOT BODY, A HILARIOUS ATTITUDE, AND
WHO KICKS SOME MAJOR ASS ON SCREEN *** AND *** OFF (WHATEVER
THAT
MEANS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARNOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Besides... My biological
father was in the Mr. Universe Pageant, also (Mr. Detroit of
1962, I think?!?!?!)... HE!!! HE!!! ARNOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO, ARNOLD!!! GO, ARNOLD!!! GO, ARNOLD!!!
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
08-09-03 03:26 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I think I want to be governor.
08-09-03 03:36 AM
MarthaMyDear But, Arnold needs to be governor (whatever the hell that
means)... lol............. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
08-09-03 03:38 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I would make a fine governor.
08-09-03 03:49 AM
MarthaMyDear YOU would make a fine FLY buzzing-around someone's head in
the middle of the Stones playing some rare song at the
Astoria is what YOU would make!!! CRACKING-
UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P Just kidding,
SSC!!! lol................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
08-09-03 03:53 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I will fly around your head at the Astoria.
08-09-03 03:57 AM
MarthaMyDear Will you wear a cape and tights?!?!?!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
08-09-03 03:59 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Sure, I have a lovely cape.
08-09-03 11:28 AM
Soul Survivor ARNIE!!!!!!!
08-09-03 11:32 AM
steel driving hammer I'm still sitting on a fence on this one...

California does not need a Governor who needs "on the job training."

Saw the late night talk shows last night, FOX, CNN, MSNBC and they showed a clip of Arnold on the Today Show of which he refused to answer a single question about where he stands on issues. It was LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY!

But the good side (if he's elected) will be people will get off thier lazy ass and do something productive for the State, instead of sitting around and expecting the Govornment to solve all thier problems.
08-09-03 12:40 PM
mac_daddy Arnold - the ladies' man (he has quite a rep as the touchy-feely womanizing type - kinda like Clarence "big dick" Thomas)...
08-09-03 02:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Can someone please explain to me WHY all this is going on?

What is wrong with the guy that was elected? How did he get elected if no one wanted him to be Gov? Is he a felon or something? Was the election fixed?

Let me see if I understand this...

The guy who was elected is from the wrong party...someone from the right party decided to get a bunch of signatures on a petition to get rid of the guy who was originally elected. And now only celebs can run in the new election?

What kind of fucked up world do you people live in?

So what happens if Larry Flynt gets elected...do you have ANOTHER recall?
08-09-03 03:06 PM
mac_daddy the thing that kicks me in the ass is that the taxpayers are footing the bill for this sh*t, while the public schools (and other public programs) are getting the squeeze since what Bush's tax cut really did was take money away from the states...

anyway, this happened because a millionaire republican (Darryl Issa) didn't like Davis, read the state constitution, and found this loophole: if you collect enough signatures from registered voters, then you can hold a recall election. Davis' popularity is at an all time low (he took charm lessons from Gore - and has that air of academically superior bullsh*t about him; no need to worry about that from Arnold), the state is in its worst financial crisis ever, and Issa wagered $2 million of his own cash that he could make the recall happen. Come to think of it, I dont even think Issa did the legwork - the Dems tried this with Pete Wilson maybe ten years ago...

Anyway, once the recall became official, Arnold announced his candidacy, depleting Issa's voterbase, and Mr. Moneybags had to bow out. So one dipshit paid for the recall to happen, and a number of self-promoting egomaniacs can enter. Anybody with $3500 (entry fee) who can gather like 1500 signatures - any signatures, not even those just from their own party like it is for regular elections - can get their name on the ballot...

and now to win, you need a simple majority, so if the Democrats split over Davis (the current governor) and his LT. Governor - how f*cked up is that? - and Arianna Huffington, and the Republicans, and dumbasses that never vote (but now might for novelty value), come out for Arnold, he could be governor...

now this is ok in a state like Minnesota, but CA has an economy larger than most nations, and to have this womanizing, ignoramus hold the state's highest office is an absolute disgrace...

We'll see who else throws their hat into the ring - I think the deadline to sign up is today sometime.
08-09-03 03:59 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Can someone please explain to me WHY all this is going on?

What is wrong with the guy that was elected? How did he get elected if no one wanted him to be Gov? Is he a felon or something? Was the election fixed?

Let me see if I understand this...

The guy who was elected is from the wrong party...someone from the right party decided to get a bunch of signatures on a petition to get rid of the guy who was originally elected. And now only celebs can run in the new election?

What kind of fucked up world do you people live in?

So what happens if Larry Flynt gets elected...do you have ANOTHER recall?

Sir Stonesalot !!

Yeah, you sort of have a handle on it.

Before I start, let me preface this. I live in California the greatest state in the country. (even though it's politically fucked up right now) I am NOT a Democrat, I am NOT a Republican but I AM a registered voter and have been since I was 18. There are 6 other political parties here in California besides the Dem/Rep.

Darrell Issa (the Repub. who got his ass kicked in a previous election) started all of this "recall" stuff. He got enough signatures and put up the cash. At the time the only other major Repub. in the race was/is Bill Simon (the man who blew something like 50 million dollars of his own money last time and still got his ass kicked in the election. ) You have probably seen Issa lately ? He's the guy who dropped out as soon as he heard Arnold was running. He then started to cry and said he was dropping out to help the war on terrorism. (No dude, what's changed ? Nothing. The war on terrorism was ALWAYS going on. You mean to tell me you FORGOT about that while you were still running only yesterday ? Bullshit. The only thing that's changed is that ARNOLD'S in the race and you wouldn't stand a chance against him. You are crying not because of the war on terrorism, you are crying because you were "this close" to being The Gov. and now you never will be)

As you know Marc, I live in Sacramento. I live about 5 minutes away from the capitol building. (Syph lives 5 seconds away !! About 20 blocks) For the last month and for the next 2 months, ALL WE FUCKING SEE HERE is this "recall" shit on TV. At the moment I think there are something like FOUR HUNDRED people on the recall ballot. ANYBODY can get on it. All you need is either $3500 and a couple of signatures OR 10,000 signatures and NO $$$ (free). This is one of the reasons you are seeing celeb's doing this. They've bought $3500 worth of publicity.

By the way, you guys forgot to mention that the Fruit & Vegetable smashing, prop comic "genius" Gallagher is also in the running.

You know about two weeks ago my friends and I were sitting around drinking and one of them say's to me, "Dude you should run for Gov." I told them to go out and get me 10,000 legit signatures and I would on the "Cut The Bullshit" platform. One of them came back about 3 days later with about 200 signatures. The deadline to file is in about 4 hours at 5:00 pm (my time) I don't think I'll make it though. My platform to fix our budget is LEGALIZE IT. Instead of pissing money away on the legal system, the courts, prisons, LEGALIZE IT, regulate it, collect tax revenues. People are doing it anyway. Why is it legal for someone to give somebody money and it's legal for them to have sex but when they give someone money to have sex for money it's a crime ? You would have that deficit fixed in about 2 months.

Seriously though, it's obvious why Republicans want Gray Davis out so I won't go into that. The main reason why "non-republicans" are mad at Gray Davis is because he approved a plan to triple our car registration fees. California already has the highest car registration fees in the country. A car that in your state might cost 150 dollars to register costs you 250 dollars here in California. Now it's going to cost you $750 dollars. That's what got a lot of the democrats up off of their asses.

The way this election works is Davis has to have more than 50 percent to stay. If he doesn't then it comes down to who has the most votes. In other words, you could theoretically win with only 15 percent of the vote. With 400 people running, let's say Davis gets 30 percent of the vote. (he then loses) Out of the remaining 70 percent, let's then say that 55 out of the 400 other people each get one percent of the vote. Then let's say I get 15 percent. I WIN THE ELECTION. This is ANOTHER reason "why" you've got so many people running in the election. It's the ONLY time you DON'T need a 2/3's majority to win.

Yeah, it's pretty fucking weird right now.

Hey Marc, my friends might be by with those other 9800 signatures any minute now so I've got to get ready to bail.

Later, Governor Cardinal Fang

P.S. I know I still owe you an email or two. (some other friends of mine out there too !!) Soon baby, soon. L8r :-)
08-09-03 04:07 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
the thing that kicks me in the ass is that the taxpayers are footing the bill for this sh*t, while the public schools (and other public programs) are getting the squeeze since what Bush's tax cut really did was take money away from the states...

anyway, this happened because a millionaire republican (Darryl Issa) didn't like Davis, read the state constitution, and found this loophole: if you collect enough signatures from registered voters, then you can hold a recall election. Davis' popularity is at an all time low (he took charm lessons from Gore - and has that air of academically superior bullsh*t about him; no need to worry about that from Arnold), the state is in its worst financial crisis ever, and Issa wagered $2 million of his own cash that he could make the recall happen. Come to think of it, I dont even think Issa did the legwork - the Dems tried this with Pete Wilson maybe ten years ago...

Anyway, once the recall became official, Arnold announced his candidacy, depleting Issa's voterbase, and Mr. Moneybags had to bow out. So one dipshit paid for the recall to happen, and a number of self-promoting egomaniacs can enter. Anybody with $3500 (entry fee) who can gather like 1500 signatures - any signatures, not even those just from their own party like it is for regular elections - can get their name on the ballot...

and now to win, you need a simple majority, so if the Democrats split over Davis (the current governor) and his LT. Governor - how f*cked up is that? - and Arianna Huffington, and the Republicans, and dumbasses that never vote (but now might for novelty value), come out for Arnold, he could be governor...

now this is ok in a state like Minnesota, but CA has an economy larger than most nations, and to have this womanizing, ignoramus hold the state's highest office is an absolute disgrace...

We'll see who else throws their hat into the ring - I think the deadline to sign up is today sometime.

Mac Daddy !!

I was writing my reply the same time you were. It's funny that we both have the same oppinion about Issa. You see that footage of him crying yet ? I think it's fucking hysterical that he blew all that money and now he ain't getting in.

Huffington won't get in either. (you already knew that I'm sure)

I'm not even sure if Arnold will get in. He's a novelty right now. IMO as soon as he opens his mouth and actually tells us WHAT HE'S GOING TO DO instead of just reciting catch phrases from his movies then he will be done. There are a lot of stupid people out there though so anything's possible I guess. What do you want to bet that Arnold does NOT do any debates and pretty much keeps himself scarce for the next two months ? IF he was smart (I said IF) all he has to do is hide out for two months.

The deadline is 5:00 today.

Later, Gov. Cardinal "Can Do" Fang.
08-09-03 04:15 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:
My platform to fix our budget is LEGALIZE IT. Instead of pissing money away on the legal system, the courts, prisons, LEGALIZE IT, regulate it, collect tax revenues. People are doing it anyway. Why is it legal for someone to give somebody money and it's legal for them to have sex but when they give someone money to have sex for money it's a crime ?

I'm not so sure it is in CA. No kidding JW, last week I was in SF and, in a temporary lapse of good judgment, stumbled into the O'Farrell with $300 in my pocket and an hour later came out....well lets just say I came....out. Holy moly! Is that "the deal" in CA? SF? Or did I just get "lucky"?

Shuddering.......

Oh yeah - Cardinal Fang for Guv! Mongo!
08-09-03 04:41 PM
mac_daddy I'd vote for you...

can I sign electronically to get you on the ballot..?
08-09-03 05:13 PM
Cardinal Fang Mongo !!

You mean to tell me YOU were in SF last week and made NO attempt to hook up with me ?

I could've told you about the O'Farrell too !! I've never been "in" the O'Farrell, I've been behind it in the parking lot and I've been next door for gigs at The Great American Music Hall but never inside. A friend of mine used to date one of the dancers there and she told me all KINDS of stories about the O'Farrell !! Only 300 bucks ? You got off cheap !!

As you know us Californians have a "turn a blind eye"
attitude about most of our laws. (sex, drugs, gambling, anything fun etc.) My platform is to make our sex shops more like the ones in neighboring Nevada.

I'm glad you had fun on your visit to NorCal and I'm glad you did your part to help out our economy. (look at it that way !!)

Next time let me know in advance when you're here.

Later, Gov. Cardinal "2 1/2 hours til it's over" Fang

If I'm elected I will do away with all reruns of the Lawrence Welk show. You will never have to be subjected to those Carrot Top 1-800-COLLECT ads anymore either.
08-09-03 05:22 PM
Cardinal Fang Mac Daddy !!

You snuck in on me again while I was typing !! I don't think they're allowing electronic signatures, but I'm not really sure ?

I thank you for your support though !!

Tonight's local Sacto. newscasts should be REALLY interesting.

Later, Cardinal Fang
08-09-03 05:39 PM
Martha Geez..I am packing up and moving to CA right this minute just so I can vote for YOU my friend...VOTE for the Cardinal.... it ain't no cardinal sin Ronnie!

By the way, did anyone see Arnold blowing off MAtt Lauer's question about his last income tax statements?

Yikes!

Oh...he is gonna blow it if he hasn't already done so...I haven't seen any news today.

Arnold will be eerrr.... terminating himself.

He WON"T be back!

YooHoo!

Cardinal Fang is the ONLY Governor on my ballot! :-)
08-09-03 06:07 PM
sirmoonie Hey, I really did think about e-mailing you or posting it, but it was a two night - one work day dealie and I figured no time.

I think I'll be out again a couple of time this year and will definately let you know.
08-09-03 08:37 PM
Cardinal Fang HEY BABIES !!!

It's now 5:0something here in Sacramento.

(TheSavageYoungXyzzy, you misspelled my hometown of Sacramento. Prepare to die in the trivia contest !)

I just wanted to make it "OFFICIAL". "Cardinal Fang" aka "The Jimmy Whitley" aka "Smart Ass with a Nice Ass" etc., has officially dropped out of the California Governors Race. I was about 9700 and something signatures short and must concede. (I guess that would make me conceited huh ? :-)

I just wanted to THANK my 211 supporters including my good friend Sirmoonie aka Moonlight Mile aka Mongo. I also wanted to thank my fellow Californian and new friend Mac Daddy. I also wanted to thank my old friend Martha !! (it was her second name) Martha along with Jaxx, Dande*, Ginda*, Angie, Stones73, Martha My Dear have been REAL FRIENDS for so, so, so long now.) THANK YOU ALL !!!

Here is the "latest" news as of 5:30 here in California about the election:

There were over FIVE HUNDRED (500) candidates applications turned in. They will let us know in the next few days or so how many of them are valid. (Talk about a fucking CIRCUS)

In "stop the presses" news, one of the leading Dems. John Garamendi pulled out at about 3:30 our time. The only other "name" Dem left is Lt. Gov "Boost". (I can't spell his real name) For Garamendi to pull out tells me that the Dems are either #1-Not too worried about Davis, or #2-Worried about the last action hero ? To soon to tell.

Speaking of which, at the registers office the press hounded Arnold to declare "HOW" he would help us and he DECLINED to answer. He also DECLINED to say when (if ever) he will be willing to enlighten us with his "plan".

Huffington also tried to latch on to Arnold by saying to the press that "she and Arnold are the only two "people's candidates". (I think you are BOTH dillusional)

No word yet from Larry Flint, Gary Coleman, Gallahger, or Angeline.

Hey Martha My Dear & Mac Daddy !! I just realized that anybody not from the SoCal area could NOT really "appreciate" what a fucking JOKE Angeline is ? (For Marta: Steve Jones also told me that he had an affair with her. He even wrote a song about her on the Neurotic Outsiders album. If you haven't already, check it out.)

Once again in "late breaking news", Cardinal Fang has "bailed" from the California Governors race. We now switch you back to your locally scheduled "bullshit" already in progress..................

Thank's !! L8r, :-)
08-09-03 10:26 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Damnit, I missed the chance to sign onto your plan, Fang. Also, I don't live in California, but I do think I have a Disneyland card lying around from the time that I did - would that count as citizenship?

I would've voted for you.

And I am well-prepared for death in the trivia contest! If I spell Sangremiento wrong, how can I hope to answer that question with the cities? Or anything, for that matter?

If I get 10,000 signatures and NO answers, can I run in the finals?

"Do your job for the trivia and do it well, otherwise you are HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!"

I met Ahhhnohhhld once. I was about seven or eight, I think. My family lived in California at the time, and my brother was just starting nursery school. Knowing full well the horrors of the CA school system even back then, my mother enrolled him in a private nursery school out on the Sunset strip, a real secluded little place.

What she didn't know was that because it was all secluded and so forth, famous people sent their kids there to avoid attracting attention.

So Schwarzenegger's kid went there, Spielberg's, Tom Hanks's, OJ Simpson's... and there was a parent's day or something and my folks dragged me along.

I just kinda hung around, ignored everyone, grabbed some lunch. Some little coctail sandwiches, annoying health-food ubergrass wraps, and a nifty little Jell-o thing, which I thought was just the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Anyway, I'm hangin' around in the back and this HUGE guy comes up to me and goes "Excuse me, vehre is deh Jello?" So I just point it out to the guy, and he goes "Tahnk you" and walks away.

I'm in the car on the way home with my folks, and my father turns to me and goes, "You know, that was very nice of you to help out Mr. Schwarzenegger without making a fuss about how famous he is." And I go "THAT WAS ARNOLD?"

I sat with Tom Hanks on the floor that day in the circle. We talked about sandwiches. My little brother and his younger son became friends, but I never went over to his house.

Yeah. California. Good times I've only been up to Sacreligio once, and recall it vaguely. It's like Albany and Annapolis and Olympia and Salem and even Washington - a capital city, for that purpose only.

I hope you guys enjoy getting your tax bill from this recall. As Sir Stonesalot once told me, TISFUS.

Ronnie for mayor of LA!

And Taylor for San Francisco! Why not! Emphasize the split between North and South California a bit more!

-tSYX --- I chop it down with the edge of my hand...
08-10-03 12:04 AM
Sir Stonesalot Do you actually have to live in Cali to be the Gov? I got $3500...I got a suit of armour...I like porn...can I play too?

Oh damn...I'll bet the deadline is past.

If I kick in an extra G, will they still let me in?
08-10-03 09:37 PM
JaggaRichards I'd only vote for someone who speaks English clearly.
Page: 1 2