ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Feyenoord Stadium aka De Kuip August 11, 2003
Sven Hoogerhuis / CyberImage
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HANNOVER - SETLIST, PICS AND REVIEWS Return to archive
08-08-03 04:33 PM
Gazza Show seems to have gone ahead OK

Matthias (shakedhandswithkeith) left a message a while back saying how hot it was and how lousy the controversial support band was!!

Setlist to follow right after the show
08-08-03 04:41 PM
montana first pix

08-08-03 04:46 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Thanks Montana!
08-08-03 05:10 PM
Gazza Brown sugar
You Got me rocking
IORR
Dont stop
Angie
You cant always get what you want
Midnight rambler
Tumbling dice
slipping away
Before they make me run
sympathy for the devil
Respectable (b-stage)
I just wanna make love to you (b-stage)
Street fighting man
Gimme shelter
Honky tonk women
Start me up
Satisfaction
Jumpin jack flash (encore)

tahnks to shakedhandswithkeith!!

highlight was "slipping away" plus fantastic versions of YCAGWYW and a "very powerful Midnight Rambler"
08-08-03 06:09 PM
steel driving hammer Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah.

The show must go on................................

08-08-03 06:13 PM
steel driving hammer
08-08-03 06:51 PM
Angiegirl look, it's Keef with his dad in the arrival pics .

[Edited by Angiegirl]
08-08-03 10:21 PM
RubyFriday
quote:
Gazza wrote:
highlight was "slipping away"

At what show was he (Shakedhandwithkeith)?

Anyway.......A short review from me.............another heat record breaking day and night in europe ..........I critisized them much after their first german stadium shows (and justly),but nothing to critisize tonight.....It was Keith's night......this time from begin on,as always when Mick isnīt 100 % fit.Though ,if you didnīt know you wouldnīt have noticed anything at Mick,except he used a handkerchief a few times.We saw the old Keith,charming with the crowd ,present on the stage and musically on FIRE.The best Midnight Rambler since `73(for me),really fantastic,far better than on the B stage,a never ending Gimme Shelter and (again) a marvelous Satisfaction.No weak track this time..........okay,Donīt Stop gets a bit boring now,but okay............
Our last show in germany...........Mick said in german.........pause................for a while,he added. ,the crowd went crazy ,lol,to say it that way.........No problems with the so-called Neo Nazi supporting band.....their fans left after the act and it was way too hot for any aggressions,everybody was relaxed.............Hot august night........
[Edited by RubyFriday]
08-08-03 11:59 PM
J.J.Flash Maybe you can think I'm a totally stupid because I have no more "useful" comments. Anyway, I will repeat my own thoughts and follow the idea of a great person who I really admire ===> Sir Stonesalot (as long as I remember, he told the following quote after that performance in a Stadium in Germany):

"Midnight Rambler is the answer for everything..."

Well, I'm happy because they added Midnight Rambler to the setlist again. I just think when they are playing real hard, if they can play Midnight Rambler hard and loud, so surely the rest of the set must be awesome.

Rocks Off people, God bless you all....... I must sleep.....
08-09-03 12:32 AM
J.J.Flash Hey SDH, what a long time you don't talk with me. Thanks for the pics!
How r u doing buddy?
Regars!
08-09-03 02:44 AM
MarthaMyDear THANK YOU FOR THESE EXCELLENT PIX and the set list and
reports as well, etc.!!! I LOVE that third pic. of Mick that
Steelie posted (THANK YOU, STEELIE, AND THANX FOR THAT
PISTOLS ARTICLE, ALSO, I FORGOT TO SAY!!! It was BRILLIANT
AND HILARIOUS, as usual!!! lol................ :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P )!!!
This Mick pic. made me laugh...
What a great pic.!!! THANK YOU!!!
ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
08-09-03 03:58 AM
montana more pix

08-09-03 09:33 AM
LadyJane Nice review Ruby Friday.

Sounds like the guys, especially Keith, were on top of their game, last night!

And Mick's comment..."Last show in Germany.......for now" that just made my day!!!

LadyJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
08-09-03 12:05 PM
steel driving hammer

08-09-03 01:06 PM
J.J.Flash Oh Steelie, now you overcome yourself.....Look at Mick, this man looks better then when he was at the age of 40.
Thanks again bro!
08-09-03 01:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mick's in the cover of Neue Presse
08-09-03 01:30 PM
mac_daddy sounds like the little time off did them some good...
08-11-03 10:41 AM
jb My understand was the field was 1/2 empty..about 45,000 ...
08-11-03 02:51 PM
sandrew JB, you're like clockwork.
08-12-03 10:51 AM
jb Yes sandrew...I would be very interested in the total attendance figures for this tour..it would be hard to compare to prior tours b/c of the mix of arenas and stadiums(particularly in Europe). Unfortunately, that bastard Cohl has refused to provide Billboard magazine with the attendance/gross $ figures for the Licks tour...one can only wonder why....I trust losing to Macca and Billy/Elton has something to do with it...also, selling only 2 million copies in the U.S.A. of 40 Licks is not that great..I know it gets certified as quadruple platinum b/c it is 2 discs, but only 2 million people bought the definitive(atleast to the public at large) Stones greatest hit package despite the heavy marketing and accompanying tour...Overall, a successful tour, but not fantastic and very average sales of disc...I think this does not bode well for future tours,albums, or sadly their legacy.
08-14-03 05:09 PM
Joey " Yes sandrew...I would be very interested in the total attendance figures for this tour..it would be hard to compare to prior tours b/c of the mix of arenas and stadiums(particularly in Europe). Unfortunately, that bastard Cohl has refused to provide Billboard magazine with the attendance/gross $ figures for the Licks tour...one can only wonder why....I trust "

Josh , Esq. , I can practically see the Dollar Signs in your eyes and I love and respect that .............just wait until you peruse the " Boxscore " in Billboard Magazine for the Steely Dan Concert Figures .

IMHO , you are becoming more and more like ol' J.R. Ewing himself every single day and salute you my Jewish Brother .

JACKY !
08-15-03 01:09 PM
Joey

Here is wishing you a very very Happy Happy 23rd Birthday Monday Gypsy !!!!!!

Tonight I drink a " JaggerBomb " in your honor my Princessesa ..............................

Oh My God , Poem Alert ..........GO NOW :

Suddenly it's the silver screen
And a face so beautiful that I have to cry out
Everybody hears me
But I look like a fool now
With a cry and I shy out
She knows all of my friends
But it's nice to find a woman who's keen on living
Now I think I've reached the end
I wonder in the dead of night - how do I rate?

How many friends have I really got?
That love me, that want me, that'll take me as I am?

It's all like a dream you know
When you're still up early in the morning
And you all sit together to watch the 1 come through
But things don't look so good
When you could use a bit of warning
Then you know that no-one will ever speak the truth about you .

-- Thank You

The Joey , Established 1999 and providing quality posts like this and many others like it on a continuous basis ......................and you ??????????????