ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Feyenoord Stadium aka De Kuip August 11, 2003
Sven Hoogerhuis / CyberImage
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fanclub ("soundboard") Licks permavine - part 2 Return to archive
08-03-03 10:00 AM
mac_daddy
The good news is that there are some very good readings here: Thru and Thru, Tumbling Dice, Live with Me, an upbeat Dead Flowers, When the Whip Comes Down are very well-performed. Rock Me Baby with Angus and Malcolm Young (AC/DC) is awesome! Overall, the song selection is quite strong. The bad news is that the sound kind of blows. Don't get me wrong, the person who parsed the audio out of the videos available on the band's pay-per-view website did a commendable job. But all of the tracks are sourced from audio encoded with lossy compression. If you ever wanted to hear what happens when you compress using lossy technology, listen to the Thru and Thru. This is the clearest example of artifacts and sound degredation that I know of: the cymbals all sound like mechanical jingle bells, that shift from channel to channel (left to right). Curiously, the overall sound is very good, but once you recognize these lossy compression artifacts, you hear them everywhere, and it negatively colours the listening experience. Additionally, the volume levels were too hot in some tracks, so I removed the clipping, though When the Whip Comes Down is still damaged. I also de-clicked the last two tracks, as best I could (without being too destructive), and while these are much better now (you won't blow a speaker from the transient peaks), some clicks are still evident.

the original thread is here...

1. Lazy Bones
2. JumpinJackFlash
3. Gimme
4. albert
5. partner in crime
6. Jacques
08-03-03 04:08 PM
mac_daddy I have the front and back covers for this, but short of linking to them from my server (which takes its toll on my bandwidth), I do not know how to upload the images. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.
08-05-03 03:18 PM
Gimme If you don't mind it's allright for me when send me the covers by mail. My emailaddress is in my profile.
08-05-03 04:09 PM
mac_daddy I'll send them to you today...

I still would like to upload them here, but I don't know how - is there an ftp adddy, or do you do it another way?
08-09-03 03:26 AM
Gimme Did you send them Mac_Daddy? I have not seen them yet.

Rob
08-09-03 04:24 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gimme wrote:
Did you send them Mac_Daddy?

Rob

I have now...
08-11-03 06:18 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
1. Lazy Bones
2. JumpinJackFlash
3. Gimme
4. albert
5. partner in crime
6. Jacques

Discs were received today. I'll have them off to JJF within a day or 2.

Thanks Macdaddy!
08-13-03 11:07 AM
Lazy Bones Package was mailed this morning.
08-13-03 11:22 AM
mac_daddy how did you like it?

the source was kind of a mess - what did you think of my declipping job? How were the levels? I removed some severe clipping, too.

hope you all dig the tunes.
08-13-03 12:05 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
how did you like it?

Here's the tracklisting, again:
1. Don't Stop (9-3-02, Fleet Center, Boston)
2. Street Fighting Man (9-3-02)
3. Tumbling Dice (excerpt 9-3-02)
4. Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (excerpt: 9-8-02, Orpheum
Theater, Boston)
5. Can't You Hear Me Knocking (9-30-02, Roseland Ballroom, NYC)
6. Angie (10-26-02, Turner Field, Atlanta GA)
7. Thru and Thru (11-12-02, Oakland Arena, Oakland, CA)
8. Dead Flowers (11-30-02, MGM Grand, Las Vegas)
9. Monkey Man (1-8-03, Molson Center, Montreal)
10. Live With Me (1-21-03, United Center, Chicago)
11. Rock Me Baby (2-18-03, Enmore Theater, Sydney, Australia with
AC/DC)
12. Tumbling Dice (3-10-03, Budokan hall, Tokyo, Japan)
13. When the Whip Comes Down (3-16-03, Tokyo Dome, Tokyo)
14. You Can't Always Get What You Want (3-24-03, Singapore Stadium,
Singapore)
15. Miss You (4-4-03, Palace Grounds, Bangalore, India)

Quite good! Starting with nice soundboard quality of Don't Stop and Street Fighting Man certainly gave it a nice boost. Volume levels caught my attention on a couple tracks. Tracks 9, 14 and 15 are nice for me as I don't have those shows yet.

The only let down is Tumbling Dice and Everybody Needs Somebody To Love are approx. 25 sec teasers.

Thanks again, Macdaddy for yet another permavine!
08-15-03 12:42 AM
Kjell mac_daddy wrote:
1. Lazy Bones
2. JumpinJackFlash
3. Gimme
4. albert
5. partner in crime
6. Jacques
7. Kjell
If not too late i like very much to join.

[email protected]