ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Warming up gig for the Voodoo Lounge Tour - RPM Club Toronto July 19, 1994
Backstage with Jeff Healey who was a guest on "I Can’t Get Next To You"
Marko Shark
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Palais Royale Ballroom ! Return to archive
08-16-02 10:20 AM
Joey "The Rolling Stones will play a surprise club gig tonight at the Palais Royale Ballroom, Toronto. Tickets have been sold at $10, and they are followed by a wristband to prevent scalping. A total of 1,000 tickets have been sold - show start according to ticket is 8:30pm tonight. "

Anyone know this place ???????

Is it easy to get recorders in the venue ?

If anyone tapes tonight's gig please E - Mail me on the private message board .

Joey

08-16-02 10:42 AM
marko My soul is there allready!
08-16-02 10:42 AM
annex_crowe Damn!I just saw them "advertise" this on Muchmoremusic...tickets are gone,right?That's not too shocking!Shit,oh well...hope Dylan is good tonight!
08-16-02 11:16 AM
jb Fuck Dylan...stand outside the club and it will still sound better than Dylan.
08-16-02 11:19 AM
Riffhard Is anyone on the board going to the show tonight?!For that matter anyone on StonesDoug's site?Doug himself?

It is absolutly imperative that we get the Lowdown.Things are starting to come together it would appear.The planets and stars are in their proper positions.Ronnie seems to be keeping his seat on the wagon,and Keith is making snippy remarks about Mick's solo swoon.Yes,all is looking right for a brilliant tour!Everyone seems to be ready,are ya ready?For the first time in three years..The Rolling Stones,The Rolling Stones!!!!!

Shit!I'm harder than Chineese arithmatic just thinking about September!

Riffhard
08-16-02 11:22 AM
Joey "Shit!I'm harder than Chinese arithmatic just thinking about September!

Riffhard "

Riffy ............

You make young Joey giggle !!!!!

J. diddy fly
08-16-02 11:24 AM
jb Doug is said to have been seen on Canadian T.V. and has a wristband/ticket for the show!
08-16-02 11:27 AM
voodoopug Doug and Toronto Tom have wristbands and are going to be in the show along with a few others from stonesdoug.com
08-16-02 01:16 PM
luxury1 Shit, I am so excited here in VT that I've started the club show pre-party all by myself. I'm gonna be a freakin mess by Sep 3.
08-16-02 01:30 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Shit, I am so excited here in VT that I've started the club show pre-party all by myself. I'm gonna be a freakin mess by Sep 3.

I have about a year to wait!!!!!!!!!

help!!!!!!!!!

Mark
08-16-02 01:36 PM
luxury1 Mark, words of advice, slow down, or you'll start to repeat yourself also.
08-16-02 02:26 PM
Maxlugar I don't know about you guys but Shit, I am so excited I've already started the pre-show club party all by myself here in NY. I'm gonna be a freakin mess by Sep 3.

Thanks!

Mr. Toronto! (Bunny Lugar)
08-16-02 02:34 PM
parmeda For anyone fortunate enough to snatch a ticket...

I WANT DETAILS...ASAP!!!!

...and, have the BEST time.
08-16-02 06:08 PM
midnightmagic I would love to be sittin in a bar in Toronto with a wrist band on right now. You guys have a good one and can't wait to hear the the news.
08-16-02 06:36 PM
MRD8 I got a cellphone call a while ago from a friend who has a ticket, wristband AND minidisc recorder for tonights show...I should get a copy of the recording in a week or so if it works out ok...I may try to tree it on here and some of the other boards...
08-16-02 08:39 PM
Gazza thats what i wanted to hear...

I'll gladly volunteer as the European seed/branch for it!

"Bootleggers...roll your tapes...!!"
08-16-02 09:57 PM
Jaxx Fans line up for 'secret' Rolling Stones Toronto show
Reuters
Aug. 16, 2002 11:02:00

TORONTO - As secrets go, it's probably the worst kept one in town.

Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger appears at a May 7 news conference in New York to announce the band's 40th anniversary world tour, including Toronto stops.

Hundreds of fans began lining up overnight for an unannounced performance by the Rolling Stones, with some coming from as far away as Maryland and Ohio to see the legendary rockers after hearing rumors about the show.

The fans were afforded quick glimpses of their idols as they slipped into the Palais Royale ballroom for the show on Friday. Some clamored for autographs from Mick Jagger, who chatted on a cell phone outside the venue.

''I drove a long way to get here today, man, for the gig,'' ''Streetkid Dave'' from Cleveland, Ohio told Canadian television.

The band has been rehearsing, under tight security, at a Toronto school for their upcoming world tour. They were previously in Toronto to rehearse for their Voodoo Lounge tour in 1994 and the Bridges to Babylon tour in 1997.

The Rolling Stones traditionally play at a small club at the end of their Toronto rehearsals and the first lucky 1,000 fans will gain entry for only $10 (Canadian) on Friday night.

The veteran British rockers' world tour - their first in three years - begins in Boston on Sept. 3. The tour is also 40 years after the band staged its first public performance at London's Marquee Club in 1962, although the band had a different line-up then.

Stones to play surprise show
Palais Royale said to be site for pre-tour concert tonight
By Katherine Harding
STAFF REPORTER

BETH A. KEISER/AP
Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger appears at a May 7 news conference in New York to announce the band's 40th anniversary world tour, including Toronto stops.

The Rolling Stones will surprise their Toronto fans today with a secret show at an historic city venue.

Sources told The Star that Mick Jagger and his bandmates would definitely be headlining an unscheduled show at Palais Royale on Lake Shore Blvd. W. tonight.

The Stones' management would not confirm the gig.

"They are going to take the stage at 10 p.m.," said a Palais Royale representative yesterday.

Built in 1922, the dance hall hosted famous bandleaders, including Benny Goodman and Tommy Dorsey, over the years.

The wrinkly Brit rock group is in Toronto rehearsing for the LICKS tour, which begins Sept. 3 in Boston. They will make stops at the Air Canada Centre Oct. 16 and the SkyDome Oct. 18 to promote their new album Forty Licks, a two-CD career retrospective.

The Palais Royale representative said the surprise gig would be officially announced today, starting at 6 a.m. on local radio stations, including Q107.

He added that only 1,000 tickets would be sold, for $10 apiece. He wasn't sure how fans will be able to snag one of the precious tickets.

This isn't the first time the legendary 40-year-old rock group has treated Toronto fans to a secret show. It's actually starting to become a tradition.

They played at the El Mocambo in 1977 and the RPM club in 1994.

Five years ago, the group trotted out old hits including "Honky Tonk Woman," "Under My Thumb" and "19th Nervous Breakdown," now rarely heard in concert, to an intimate audience at the Horseshoe Tavern on Queen St. W.

Since the Stones pulled into town recently, rumours have run rampant about where and when a show might be held.

Rumours are also circulating that Revival, on College St., will play host to another Stones show tomorrow night for industry insiders. The club is denying the gossip, and said its popular "Mod Night" is still sche- duled.

[Edited by Jaxx]

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road