ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Warming up gig for the Voodoo Lounge Tour - RPM Club Toronto July 19, 1994
Backstage with Jeff Healey who was a guest on "I Can’t Get Next To You"
Marko Shark
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A new opener.....guess who??? Return to archive
08-16-02 10:19 AM
Jumacfly

From their newsletter....catch them, they re great!!! ;D

!!!HERE'S SOME BIG NEWS!!!

THE STROKES opening for THE ROLLING STONES
--- only TWO special shows ---

Oct. 04 - Landover, MD - FedExField
Oct. 05 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center

THE ROLLING STONES have asked us to open up two shows on their
upcoming
U.S. tour!
we're obviously all quite excited about this...you guys are the first
to get
the news...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers....

08-16-02 11:10 AM
sandrew That's very exciting. I like the Strokes - they're far better than Shaggy, for pete's sake. I'm really getting into the White Stripes too. Anyone heard their stuff?
08-16-02 11:14 AM
jb Shaggy. Strokes...this make No Doubt look appealing!
08-16-02 11:20 AM
Jumacfly saw them live, they remind me the "young" stones....
they both, with no doubt, nice band to hear live...
you...fu**ing lucky guys!!!!

Cheers
08-16-02 12:52 PM
Richard Hurrah Oh no, not them again... They're the most overrated band playing these days. And the Stones didn't ask nothing... only promoters did... Keith interrested by The Strokes ? Stop kidding...
08-16-02 01:31 PM
ShannonDC If that's true, it's good news for us DC fans. The Stones have such a chequered past with really cool openers (Peter Tosh, Ike and Tina, Stevie Wonder) and really lame bands (Foreigner, Journey, Blind Melon) that I was afraid we'd get some sorry band that $ir Mick thinks will increase ticket sales. Good for us!
08-16-02 01:39 PM
Scot Rocks I think the Strokes are alright, their album was pretty good and I'd rather see them open than some of the other shite reported. I remember talking to one of them in a pub in Glasgow, where they were playing, I got some of their autographs and I said something about how good the Stones were or something in my usual drunken wisdom... they seemed ok. However and I have always said this, bad openers mean more time to prepare yourself for the main act at the bar...

Mark

"Good things come to those who wait"

08-16-02 01:44 PM
jb With ticket sales enemic here in Fla., Mick probably said "fuck it", and hired Shaggy for probably less than $1,0000 for both Fla. gigs.
08-16-02 02:00 PM
Honky Tonk Man This is amazing news! The Strokes are an amazing band. Their music is not original, but there is something fresh about them. Damn, i wish i was going to those shows!

"New York City Cops, They 'Aint So Smart!"

Yeah

Alex
08-16-02 02:13 PM
jb HTM, my mother just landed in London abd is off to Dover to begin a long cruise...are the floods affecting your area? P.S. Tony Blair is pretty cool...looks like tommy hilfiger..
08-16-02 02:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot The Strokes are pretty boring IMO.

FPM & I were talking about the state of music recently. We decided that it's really hard to judge how good some of these bands are. It's almost like if they actually play their instruments...they are pretty cool.

I got nothing against the Strokes. I just like a bunch og other bands a hell of a lot more.

The White Stripes, The Hives, The Queens Of The Stone Age, The Vines...all far superior bands IMO.
08-16-02 02:51 PM
Scot Rocks SS, The avatar kicks ass!!!!!!!

"I will be your knight in shining armour
Riding across the desert with a fine Arab charger"

Oh, btw I do agree with you, that any band now that plays and instrument is hyped up, big time, you see any pic of any of these groups and you will all see them posing with an instrument. They are even trying to make some manufactured crap boybands etc, look better by having them holding a guitar in videos n' stuff, it really is pathetic.

Mark
08-16-02 07:45 PM
Honky Tonk Man Sir Stonesalot, i am impressed! Queens Of The Stoneage, The Hives and The Vines? These are bands cool people my age like! To be honest, after hearing their debut i think the Vines are shit. Their singer Craig Nicholas is said to drink sixteen cans of coke a day. The White Stripes are okay too. As i said, the Strokes may not be too original, but fucking hell they sound great. There is an image thing with them too, which people seem to dig. People say i copy the Strokes but i dont. I just wear the right trainers, smoke Marlboros and have the right hair

jb, your mum will be fine. No Floods in Kent at the moment!

Alex
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road