ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: woody on jools holland's album "friends 3" Return to archive
August 11th, 2004 10:02 AM
moy Holland's 'Friends' Pack Third Big Band Album

Ronnie Wood, Eric Clapton, Peter Gabriel, Smokey Robinson and the late Kirsty MacColl are among the artists collaborating with Jools Holland & His Rhythm & Blues Orchestra on the third album in the "Small World Big Band" series. "Friends 3" finds the former Squeeze member-turned-TV host/bandleader leading his group through 21 tracks, each with a special guest.

Due Sept. 14 in North America via Rhino, the disc boasts two cuts with Clapton and blues great Solomon Burke: "Mabel" and "Message to My Son." Gabriel joins Holland on "Washing of the Water."

Ringo Starr reworks "Boys," a Luther Dixon/Wes Farrell R&B song he previously sang while in the Beatles, while Robinson reprises his Miracles-era hit "You Really Got a Hold On Me" with the group.

The version of "Shutting the Doors" with MacColl is described as a previously unreleased "long-lost recording." The acclaimed singer/songwriter was killed in December 2000 by a speedboat while swimming in Cozumel, Mexico.

Other artists appearing on "Friends 3" are Buddy Guy ("She Suits Me To a Tee"), Nick Cave ("The Kiss of Love" with Sam Brown), David Gray ("I Think It's Going To Rain Today"), Paul Rodgers ("I Told the Truth") and Ronnie Wood ("Ooh La La").

Holland and Madness frontman Suggs co-wrote and collaborate on the track "Jack O the Green," which served as the subtitle for the album's U.K. release in November 2003.

Here is the "Friends 3" track list:

"She Suits Me To a Tee" with Buddy Guy
"Misfit" with Terri Walker
"You Really Got a Hold On Me" with Smokey Robinson
"I Think It's Going To Rain Today" with David Gray
"Message to My Son" with Solomon Burke and Eric Clapton
"Just To Be Home With You" with Shane MacGowan
"Play It Sam" with Steve Earle
"The Kiss of Love" with Nick Cave and Sam Brown
"I Told the Truth" with Paul Rodgers
"Please Can I Talk" with Sugababes
"Boys" with Ringo Starr