ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Martha Yesterday, Bob Tomorrow.... Return to archive
August 10th, 2004 08:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot ....and the Underground Garage Festival on Sat. Yeah, great week.

Just to let ya all know...Martha and her husband are top notch peoples. I had the pleasure of spending an evening with them yesterday(thanks again for dinner!), and they could not have been any nicer.

It's always cool to meet up with folks from the board...and it's always amazing how quickly one falls into the easiness of lifelong friends even though it's the first time you lay eyes on each other.

August 10th, 2004 09:03 PM
Lazy Bones Martha and Chris certainly have their priorities straight!

They go outta their way to see people are 'set' - for whatever. I give Martha credit and thanks for setting things up so TMR and myself could meet during the Dylan trio in Toronto last March. He, being good friends with Martha and Chris, certainly reflect their qualities. Super folks, indeed. I've yet to meet, but will one day soon...

Speaking of Dylan, S/S, that 6/29/93 (which I'm currently enjoying) is very nice. Thanks again!
August 10th, 2004 09:18 PM
Larry Dallas I am hoping to meet Martha and Chris at the Dylan/Willie show here in Lexington, KY on AUG 21. I'm sure we'll have a great time that evening. Martha, I'm sneaking in the bourbon. Here's to you too, Sir Stonesalot. You have been so friendly and gracious over the years that I hope that we can meet somewhere down the road.
August 11th, 2004 06:38 AM
LadyJane Martha and Chris rock! It was a pleasure to meet and spend time with them!

Come back to WNY soon!

SS...I trust she delivered several hugs to you from various RO women!! I believe she had a LIST!!!

LJ.
August 11th, 2004 09:44 AM
Sir Stonesalot LJ!

I got hugged a lot.

I liked it.

Liked it.

Yes I did.
August 11th, 2004 12:44 PM
Martha Howdy Hi my Stonsian Brothers and Sisters!

We made it back safely and want to say this was our BEST vacation EVER!!! Meeting LadyJane and Stonesy was wonderful......it was as though we've known each other all our lives....Stonesified perfection all the way! And we WILL absolutely meet again! In the near future!!!

Stones IS Stones!

:-)

We caught Bob for the first two shows and got 20 different songs....he literally stunned the crowd his show is so damn HOT! TMR got them both and will be thre tonight!

Alice Cooper was were we ended our vacation last night at the Ohio State Fair. He was excellent too! He played the entire version of "Halo Of Flies" and blew us away...his band is on fire. We got lots of our favs off of Killer. And of course, he did "The Ballad of Dwight Fry" while wearing a straight jacket.....it was great.

Did anyone hear? His snake (of course named she's named Alice) swallowed a heating pad that was later surgically removed?!? Alice had to get a rent-a-snake for the show last night. True story, I got the article with photos of the snake's x-rays.

I guess you can rent damn near anything these days!

Larry Dalllas is Applebee's an alcohol free venue? Cooperstown was that way, but not Yale Field. Are you on the field or in the bowl for that show?

We will meet. you there .....keep in touch. :-)

Enjoy the Altoona show tonight Stonesy! TMR is heading out soon and I hope you get the chance to meet him. He'll be hanging out in the sweet spot after the show. He's the guy wearing the hat like George's.

Give us a review, if you have the chance!

It was fun it was grand......let's do it again! And this time I want to meet you Flea!!!

Lazy....we will meet and soon! I can feel it in my Bones!

Cleveland ROCKS!

peace out,
Martha

August 11th, 2004 05:49 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:
And this time I want to meet you Flea!!!

I am SO sorry that I couldn't come along as planned. Last minute work shit. I have been looking forward to meeting you since our telephone conversation - no, actually a lot longer than that. We're kin. I'm reminded of these words -

"I still believe she was my twin
But I lost the ring..."

Hey, are you a Pixies fan? We're going to see them in Camden in December, and I am STOKED. SS and I saw them back in the day, perhaps '88 or '89, and their reunion is one of the most exciting non-Stones events of the year for me.
August 12th, 2004 12:51 PM
Martha We are kin...and we will meet down the road...somewhere. :-)

I need to be turned on to the Pixies......

You got to sit up near the teacher if you want to learn anything.

August 12th, 2004 12:52 PM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:
We are kin...and we will meet down the road...somewhere. :-)

I need to be turned on to the Pixies......

You got to sit up near the teacher if you want to learn anything.

I would like to nuzzle you .
August 12th, 2004 02:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wait...you don't know about the Pixies???

Well, I guess I gotta fix that.
August 12th, 2004 03:26 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Wait...you don't know about the Pixies???

Well, I guess I gotta fix that.

Yippee!!! I KNEW you would come to my immediate rescue Stonesy!!!! I await now with great eagerness the mailwoman's arrival! :-)

The compilation you sent us on our way with is WONDERFUL! Thank yo soooo much! We had not heard many of the artists on it...including the Black Keys who we are planning to see in Cleveland this Rocktober.

You are da Man!!!

Now I gots to jump on you and cover you with hugs and kisses AGAIN!!!!

MM