ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: worst interpretation of a stones song Return to archive
August 10th, 2004 06:27 AM
kmc friend told me recently that "dandelion" is about the use of birth control contraceptives. said the song is about men and the line "you know you should wear it" is the giveaway.

despite the above, he is still my friend.
August 10th, 2004 06:56 AM
Zack I always thought Dandelion was about cocaine:

Blow away dandy lines!

One o'clock two o'clock three o'clock four o'clock five/Dandy lines don't care about the time.

They sure don't.
August 10th, 2004 07:24 AM
Gazza I remember insisting to Jaxx one time that in "(I Cant Get No) Satisfaction" , the line about trying to make some girl who "tells me baby better come back/maybe next week/cant you see I'm on a losing streak" related to the guy being turned down sexually because it was the "wrong time of the month".

She thought I was talking bollocks. I still maintain that, going by the title of the song and the period (excuse the pun) quoted as being a "week" that I was right.
August 10th, 2004 08:42 AM
kmc i believe you're right on about the "losing streak."
read that it was a common term used by english prostitutes.
August 10th, 2004 11:03 AM
glencar That's what I've always heard about the losing streak.