ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody to be replaced by Tony Hicks ? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 9th, 2004 02:17 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Just opened my e-mail..lol.....Grizzly Adams look...it was about 2 degrees that night...http://www.pet-loss.net/heaven.html
[Edited by jb]

August 9th, 2004 02:26 PM
LadyJane I tried to post the pic..but it won't display...a classic shot of two great Stones fans.

Let me try again.........

Nope...too bad.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
August 9th, 2004 04:16 PM
tumbling dice What the fuck! Ronnie was playing very well on the last tour and he is loyal for the band for nearly 30 years.About his health maybe his got problems with cocaine too,and the band needs to be straight to go on the road.God bless you Ronnie be good!
August 9th, 2004 04:20 PM
BILL PERKS WHY DO YOU PEOPLE RESPOND TO THAT HEBREW'S BULLSHIT???
August 9th, 2004 04:25 PM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
WHY DO YOU PEOPLE RESPOND TO THAT HEBREW'S BULLSHIT???

Too funny Perks!!!! You are da bomb!!!!
August 9th, 2004 04:26 PM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
WHY DO YOU PEOPLE RESPOND TO THAT HEBREW'S BULLSHIT???

August 9th, 2004 04:42 PM
F505 I am not a Wood admirer at least not for the past 20 years and I think JB made a point stating Wood is an embarrasement to the band. His playing has sunk to a dramatic level. However in this phase I don't think it is meaningful to replace Wood. Not anymore. The Stones are on their last legs so the whole discussion is somewhat outdated.
[Edited by F505]
August 9th, 2004 04:52 PM
kahoosier To all the Taylorites;

I wish Ronnie the best and hope he gets well.

If for any reason he is unable to make the next tour, I offer to any Taylorite that can make it to my island, scripts for the valium. They will need it when reality slaps them in their collective faces and their absurdly surreal and childish fantasy dies. Keith Richards and Mick Taylor will never ever willingly play together on tour again. If it was only a money issue, it would have happened a long time ago.

For Christ sakes, come back to the Five and Dime, Jimmie Dean. Say a paryer for Ronnie and wake up to the 21st century guys.
August 9th, 2004 04:52 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
The Stones are on their last legs so the whole discussion is somewhat outdated.

Disagree F505 -- IT'S THE BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2004 04:54 PM
F505 hi joey, how many threads have you hijacked today?
August 9th, 2004 05:09 PM
T&A Joey:

As I learned last week in Ireland - it's best not to "take a shit" but, rather, to "leave a shit." Words to live by....
August 9th, 2004 05:19 PM
F505
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
To all the Taylorites;

I wish Ronnie the best and hope he gets well.

If for any reason he is unable to make the next tour, I offer to any Taylorite that can make it to my island, scripts for the valium. They will need it when reality slaps them in their collective faces and their absurdly surreal and childish fantasy dies. Keith Richards and Mick Taylor will never ever willingly play together on tour again. If it was only a money issue, it would have happened a long time ago.

For Christ sakes, come back to the Five and Dime, Jimmie Dean. Say a paryer for Ronnie and wake up to the 21st century guys.

Agree. It's quite ridiculous nowadays to be a Taylorite and to think Taylor would make a comeback. But being not a Taylorite you can criticize Ron Wood in my opinion. I do think Ronnie is a nice person but I just don't like his playing anymore: I am a huge fan of Wood in the 75-82 era. But ofcourse I wish him all the best.
August 9th, 2004 05:29 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
hi joey, how many threads have you hijacked today?

{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}}}

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

See ya at " THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL " tonight ! ( Well , ...not really man )

H.R. Puffin Joe !
August 9th, 2004 05:34 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:
See ya at " THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL " tonight !

Only if you have Orchestra Seats
August 9th, 2004 05:52 PM
Nellcote Ron Wood stays a Stone.
Anything less, is not the Stones.
His background is impeccable
JB, even you in your later years of life
will have a spotty record as an attorney.

August 9th, 2004 05:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Ron Wood stays a Stone.
Anything less, is not the Stones.
His background is impeccable
JB, even you in your later years of life
will have a spotty record as an attorney.

Nellcote ...........if you are EVER in trouble .........Please get a Jewish Lawyer .........You will Skyrocket !

August 9th, 2004 06:17 PM
Gazza >Do you agree with most of my statements? Please answer the question forthwith!

Excuse delay, was out playing golf. To answer your question - no, not remotely. I saw 13 shows on the last tour. Woody was fine from what I saw and as good as I've ever seen him. If anything, he was improved from previous tours, although to be fair there was plenty of room for improvement since his nadir as a guitarist which was the No Security tour where he was basically non existent. I wouldnt say the same about Keith who I thought was fantastic on the BTB tour but who was less consistent on the last tour than he used to be, but who still had his moments. Charlie was as consistent as ever on "Licks" but the guy who carried the band more than ever was Mick. IMO he was never better.

Amazed to come back and find that a non-rumour has made it to 45 replies when you took the 'story' from another board (Keno's) where it had already been proven as complete and utter bullshit hours earlier as there was no trace of it on the BBC site where it was supposed to have been taken from.

I mean,for fucks sake, folks. Tony Hicks? Keith must have played with about 100 other guitarists in the last four decades and that guy isnt one of them (singing backing vocals on "Andrews Blues" is hardly a pedigree). There must be a thousand more likely replacements than that dude.

How desperate some people must be to give any credibility to crap like this. First the wanker with the inside story on the non-existent recording sessions and the return of Wyman and Taylor, then the nutcase on Doug's board with his insistence we were going to get an announcement in July about a tour opening in Philly in February (which you bought into hook, line and sinker, Josh). Both exposed as complete and utter chancers by anyone thinking logically.

The whole notion that some fan (myself included) sitting at a computer with too much time on their hands is in any position to advise Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts on who should or shouldnt be playing in the Rolling Stones is fucking nonsensical in the extreme.
August 9th, 2004 06:26 PM
Nellcote Joey; I have and I did not. Safe to say skyrocketing is not universal.
August 9th, 2004 06:29 PM
beer I have inside information that O.J. Simpson will play bass on the next tour. Apparently O.J. plays a killer bass solo during 'Midnight Rambler'.

When asked by reporters how he felt about playing in the legendary Bill Wyman's spot, O.J. replied: "Have you ever seen how small Bill's hands are? I think the glove belonged to him! He killed Nicole!"
August 9th, 2004 07:51 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
JB -- You're also on record as saying that Keith is a completely worthless embarassment -- do you propose to kick him out of the band, too?

Now that's a thought, the Stones are making this easier on everyone by giving up on being relevant, a good way of making sure they won't be missed when they're gone for good.
August 9th, 2004 11:19 PM
luridchief All I know is that poor ol' Woody's last album SUCKED ASS.

The FACES box rocks, though, LOL!
August 9th, 2004 11:19 PM
Ronnie B. Wood SCREW YOU GUYS, IM GOING HOME!

The stones uses him, and then throw him in the trash, when he's ill! THATS BAD! SHAME ON YOU EVERYBODY!
Remeber when woody called his friend and says: Dhew, Im a rolling stone. REMEMBER THAT!?!?!

MY NAME IS RONNIE WOOD,
I AM VERY GOOD,
SOMETIMES I AM IN THE BAD MOOD,
BUT SOON I WILL BE AGAIN GOOD!
August 10th, 2004 01:55 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
August 10th, 2004 03:50 AM
F505 Is paul gonna replace darryl?
August 10th, 2004 11:09 AM
Joey " then the nutcase on Doug's board with his insistence we were going to get an announcement in July about a tour opening in Philly in February (which you bought into hook, line and sinker, Josh). "

August 10th, 2004 11:44 AM
glencar Fuck, Gazza, you can write! You always know just how to put Joshy in his palce. Not that others can't but you do it exquisitely whereas they rely on sledgehammers.
August 10th, 2004 11:45 AM
glencar
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Does Tony Hicks weigh less than Mick Taylor?

LOL You got yer mojo working!
August 10th, 2004 12:06 PM
glencar Great post, navin! You make Joey look like a piker!
August 10th, 2004 12:24 PM
Navin Ron Wood was created/made/destined to be a Rolling Stone. He brought about/brought back the "Classic 3 Stones out front" There would be no Stones today if not for him and his efforts ever since 1975 in keeping the spirit and faith alive. Ronnie was already a veteran among the super groups and joined the one mega group.

Mick, Keith, & Ronnie - The homoerotic nexus - The legend of the Stones lies in this classic imagery.

Take a look at the guy - the hair, the clothes, the face....He is the most versatile among The Stones and also the catalyst that brought out the best from the band.

Mick Taylor never did look like a Stone, nor was he interested in anything but playing the guitar. The only other guitar player who looks like a Stone is Jeff Beck, maybe also to some extent the late Mick Ronson - who all of whom auditioned for the legendary Black & Blue sessions - Ronnie simply blew the competition away - including Clapton, Page,......
August 10th, 2004 12:25 PM
glencar So good he said it twice.
Page: 1 2 3