ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody to be replaced by Tony Hicks ? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 9th, 2004 09:46 AM
jb I saw this posted on another web-site but cannot independently verify. Hopefully this is true.
August 9th, 2004 09:52 AM
Gazza its bollocks

and you hope its true? For what reason - that youre just in a mood to wind people up or that you actually know much about Tony Hicks and think he has something valuable to contribute to the Stones even though he's been invisible for about 35 years?

get real
August 9th, 2004 09:59 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
its bollocks

and you hope its true? For what reason - that youre just in a mood to wind people up or that you actually know much about Tony Hicks and think he has something valuable to contribute to the Stones even though he's been invisible for about 35 years?

get real

Gazza, Tony Hicks , as reported in that article, was the guitar player for the Hollies. Apparently, he is considred an excellent musician by his peers and the report seemed very compelling. I have always been an advocate for the terminating of RW's contract with the Stones as he has bben a huge disappointement musically over the years....This latest episode indicates to me that he allegedly is jeopardizing the tour because of his current condition....why should we continue to put up with this??? If the guy was a grrat musician I would cut him some slack, but even die hard Woody fan's realize he no longer has what it takes to contribute to the band, and in fact, may be hurting them....At this point, he must be replaced and while all real fans, like me, would prefer MT, any change is better than none.
August 9th, 2004 10:07 AM
Gazza I know who Tony Hicks is.

and you've a funny definition of what constitutes a "real fan"
August 9th, 2004 10:16 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I know who Tony Hicks is.

Do you agree with most of my satements? Please answer the question forthwith!
August 9th, 2004 11:23 AM
The_Worst
quote:
jb wrote:
I saw this posted on another web-site but cannot independently verify. Hopefully this is true.

Can anybody tell me anything about this guy?
August 9th, 2004 11:23 AM
The_Worst
quote:
jb wrote:
I saw this posted on another web-site but cannot independently verify. Hopefully this is true.

Can anybody tell me anything about this guy?
August 9th, 2004 11:27 AM
gimmekeef He's another phantom RW replacement......Boy this Ronnie stuff gets old....
August 9th, 2004 11:29 AM
T&A Gazza:

You said that JB wouldn't get under your skin anymore, now. Stay cool :-)

JB:

You continue to defy definition....
August 9th, 2004 11:30 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
He's another phantom RW replacement......Boy this Ronnie stuff gets old....

This may very well occur....the man cannot be relied on at any level!!! If he was my employee, he would have been thrown out on his ass years ago!!! He is an embarrassment to the band!!!
August 9th, 2004 11:32 AM
jb
quote:
T&A wrote:
Gazza:

You said that JB wouldn't get under your skin anymore, now. Stay cool :-)

JB:

You continue to defy definition....

Gazza is not angry imo....he is a loyla fan but we disagree over this and many other issues....that's what freedom is all about!!!
August 9th, 2004 11:36 AM
telecaster Does Tony Hicks weigh less than Mick Taylor?
August 9th, 2004 11:50 AM
erikjjf Why doesn't Keith get any blame for the "decline of the Stones"? His playing isn't exactly improving with every tour.
August 9th, 2004 11:59 AM
headshrinker GET TAYLOR BACK!!!!!!! perfect opportunity
August 9th, 2004 12:00 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
Why doesn't Keith get any blame for the "decline of the Stones"? His playing isn't exactly improving with every tour.

Because at one time he had a hot Jewish girlfriend named Linda Keith!!!
August 9th, 2004 12:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I know who Tony Hicks is.

LOL. Here we go again. Real Stones fans support George W. Bush. (hey, he caught some fish up here in Maine this weekend...let Kairy top that)
August 9th, 2004 12:12 PM
Nasty Habits JB -- You're also on record as saying that Keith is a completely worthless embarassment -- do you propose to kick him out of the band, too? Do you blame Ronnie's "decline" for the lack of new material in the last seven years? Or does that have to do with the fact that the CEO's of the company can no longer generate the synergy necessary to inspire the employees? Have you considered how crass, and how utterly pointless it would be to replace Ron Wood at this late date in the Rolling Stones? With their PR as low as it is in general trading circles at the moment, I don't think their stock could take the hit.

That said, whoever came up with this particular fantasy should be congratulated. Tony Hicks MAKES those Hollies records, and he's a real multiinstrumental sting player -- it would be like going back to the Brian Jones era. Of course, the fact that they have never in the last 35 years indicated they wanted to go back to the Brian Jones era makes this seem even more like unlikely BS.

August 9th, 2004 12:13 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

LOL. Here we go again. Real Stones fans support George W. Bush. (hey, he caught some fish up here in Maine this weekend...let Kairy top that)

Fuuny article in this months GQ about W's whereabouts during Nam...at one point he was allegedly a Roadie for the Stones on the 72 tour....they fucked it up by claiming he inflated the giant phallus each show(75 morons!!!)...
[Edited by jb]
August 9th, 2004 12:22 PM
LadyJane Why can't you guys give Woody the credit he deserves??

He's been with the Stones for nearly 30 years, for Christ's sake. He's loyal and a good guitarist. His "weaving" with Keith has been fantastic.

Now his health is in jeopardy and everybody is froathing at the mouth about firing him??? WTF???

LJ.

August 9th, 2004 12:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Fuuny article in this months GQ about W's whereabouts during Nam...at one point he was allegedly a Roadie for the Stones on the 72 tour....they fucked it up by claiming he inflated the giant phallus each show(75 morons!!!)...

Oh I never took that report seriously. W. stands for Walker not work. I doubt W. knows what work is.
August 9th, 2004 12:45 PM
gypsy I thought it said "Tone Loc."
August 9th, 2004 01:04 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I thought it said "Tone Loc."

I miss you..can you send a photo?
August 9th, 2004 01:05 PM
Factory Girl I think jb should replace Woody.
August 9th, 2004 01:09 PM
jb
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I think jb should replace Woody.

August 9th, 2004 01:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
His "weaving" with Keith has been fantastic.

You mean like in "Weavel's Wovel But They Don't fall Down".

August 9th, 2004 01:55 PM
jb You know I adore you LadyJ, sowe will just have to agree to disagree on Woody...Remember those boots in my car we listened to? That was Mick taylor, not Ron Wood!!!!
August 9th, 2004 01:57 PM
Joey

Woody should have been replaced eight years ago ............

I should have taken my Afternoon Sh## eight minutes ago .....................

WTF ?!?!

Developing .................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Kurskee !
August 9th, 2004 02:00 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
You know I adore you LadyJ, sowe will just have to agree to disagree on Woody...Remember those boots in my car we listened to? That was Mick taylor, not Ron Wood!!!!

I know it was MT and he was GREAT!! I just think Woody deserves some respect, that's all!!

LJ.

PS...Did you get the pic of you and Doug?!
August 9th, 2004 02:02 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I know it was MT and he was GREAT!! I just think Woody deserves some respect, that's all!!

LJ.

PS...Did you get the pic of you and Doug?!

LadyJane .................What are your plans for
this afternoon ?

PLEASE .......................I's justs got's to's knows .

Jacky

August 9th, 2004 02:12 PM
jb Just opened my e-mail..lol.....Grizzly Adams look...it was about 2 degrees that night...http://www.pet-loss.net/heaven.html
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3