ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What does your husband/wife think of the Stones? Return to archive
August 7th, 2004 05:12 AM
F505 My ex-girlfriend was not a big fan of the Stones. However she liked two tunes in particular: Melody and Play with Fire (she had not a bad taste after all )
Once I took her to the ArenA (98 I think) and she liked it very much especially the power the band showed.
Has any of you the same experience or do you have to play your Stones records in the attic?
August 7th, 2004 07:04 AM
luxury1 We are a match made in heaven.........
August 7th, 2004 09:54 AM
Nellcote When we first met, my wife was rather frightened at my attraction to the Stones. I think unhealthy was the word.
The thoughts of my travels to Stones gigs in convertibles, with a trunk full of iced down Miller, going to places they once played, I would think that her family thought I was not Wally Cleaver, but rather Eddie Haskell, for those who know that famous 60's show. She was able to look past it, go to shows. Now, she kind of looks with glee towards photos of Keith's attire, Mick's latest forays. She could take or leave if she goes to another show, however, knows that I am always prepared to take one in, and encourages this. I am fortunate.
August 7th, 2004 10:20 AM
Moonisup it's not easy when you're 21 and a big stonesfan, people tend to think that you're a little bit sad,
August 7th, 2004 11:02 AM
gypsy My boyfriend wasn't a fan of the Stones until late 2002...because he knew we were going to their concert in January 2003. He listened to all of my Stones CD's for months in advance...and ended up really liking their music, especially the songs from EXILE. At the concert, his behavior was almost groupie-like. Now he copies my Stones CD's and listens to them a lot...not as much as I do, but enough...enough to keep him around.
August 7th, 2004 11:20 AM
Bloozehound I'm pretty sure she loves them, but frequently says weird shit like, "Sheeshh Stones again ??" or "can we listen to something else besides the Stones for once ??" Sometimes she even seems to get a tad riffled and says, "I'm sick of listening to the fuckin' Rolling Stones !!!"

Of coarse she doesn't know what she's talking about, she's such a kidder.

August 7th, 2004 11:55 AM
mac_daddy my wife tends to defer to me on mucical choice, except in her car when she is alone - then the top40 reigns supreme...

but she likes the stones.
August 7th, 2004 12:27 PM
LadyJane I would NEVER marry anyone who didn't love the Stones.

The REAL question is...What do they think of RO???

Mine can be summed up with this......

LJ.
August 7th, 2004 12:33 PM
gypsy Good point, LJ. I'm lucky in that my man and I don't hover over one another when we're on the computer. I do think he's jealous of the amount of time I spend on RO though. But I think my shopping on ebay is what really gets him.
August 7th, 2004 02:32 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
it's not easy when you're 21 and a big stonesfan, people tend to think that you're a little bit sad,

That's probably got nothing to do with you being a Stonesfan...

But yeah, you're right. People tend to look at you funny when you're young and like the Stones. I say, let them look!

I once had a boyfriend who was almost as big as a fan of Queen as I am of the Stones. That was pretty intersesting as I didn't really care too much for his passion and he didn't really care too much for mine. But I visited Queen fan-gatherings with him and vice versa, that was pretty funny, we could both laugh at each other (and ourselves for that matter).
August 7th, 2004 02:49 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
it's not easy when you're 21 and a big stonesfan, people tend to think that you're a little bit sad,

No Rik..you've misunderstood them. They don't think you're sad for being a Stones fan...they think you're sad for being so devoted to CHUCK LEAVELL!!!!

LOL

LJ.
August 7th, 2004 03:36 PM
Lavendar He has to live with it! HAHA ^_-
August 7th, 2004 04:55 PM
JB1 dislikes them
August 7th, 2004 06:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot I guess the word I'm looking for is...tolerates.

My boy loves 'em though...mom has no chance.
August 7th, 2004 10:22 PM
Blind Dog McGhee It's all good.
August 8th, 2004 05:03 PM
Martha Honey it's for better or worse and Stones IS Stones in our household. That would be from the "better" category.

Chris and I go to all the shows together....it's our lifestyle. Really it wouldn't work any other way.

I am blessed.

Gratitude galore,
Martha
August 8th, 2004 05:28 PM
Jumping Jack The little woman saw them in 1966 long before I did so she thinks I am a newcomer. That said, she does annoy me with statements like aren't 400 Stones DVDs enough? Duh, of course not!!!
August 8th, 2004 06:44 PM
Some Guy My wife likes them, but when we play the stereo on shuffle she gets a little miffed when it plays a lot of Stones and just a few of her tunes.
Great thread idea... intresting.
August 8th, 2004 07:26 PM
stewed & Keefed My wife loves them,she is a big Keef fan.
August 8th, 2004 07:52 PM
Gazza Likes them - although wouldnt have been much of a fan until seeing them for the 1st time in 1990 - and really enjoys the concerts (has seen 12 shows including all 5 of the '99 UK tour shows) although in a somewhat more restrained manner than I do!

Not too keen on standing at shows anymore tho and all the travelling and partying that goes with it, so one or two shows each tour is enough.

Seems very impressed with Mick in particular and thinks Keith is hilarious.
August 8th, 2004 09:49 PM
corgi37 Wifey is cool with them. She should be, after shaking hands with them last year. The bloody bitch. What she (and everyone i know) hates is the detail i go into. The facts of recording sessions, my view of the importance, musical, historical and social of the band. The playing of dvds/vids when i am pissed. The crying i do whilst watching those dvds/vids (i get very emotional when Jagger goes for a "run" on stage).

Thats the sort of shit that bugs her.

But, it is my duty to tell her all the stuff. How else is she going to appreciate Exile, if she doesnt know the "behind the scenes" stuff?
August 8th, 2004 09:53 PM
JaggaRichards My wife lets me bang her brains out with Stones music playing n the background.
And she knows what to do when 'Parachute Woman' comes on!
August 9th, 2004 01:23 AM
parmeda Does my husband have a choice?
(Of course he does!)
He is a wise man when it comes to this subject...either that or he enjoys my cooking way too much to stomp on my toes, piss me off, and go hungry for a few days!

Seriously...he enjoys them. He obviously doesn't have the passion that I do, but somewhat understands the only 2 moods that I have...
Pammy ~~ when the Stones are on tour
Pammy ~~ when the Stones are NOT on tour

...which actually means

Hubby ~~ when the Stones are on tour
(He knows I will be "on tour" as well, lol)
Hubby ~~ when the Stones are not on tour
(Yeah, he silently snickers and watches me go through withdrawl!)

Then, there are my sons...
They've grown up listening to the Stones.
Did they have a choice? ...um, no.
They have given me their share of grief over it, too.
Their attitudes changed once we brought them to one of the shows this past tour...yep, I got 'em hooked!
August 9th, 2004 09:59 PM
Lazy Bones My wife tolerates them. She wouldn't, however, listen to them if she had a choice of what to put on.

My kids, on the other hand, love 'em!

Funny story...couple weeks ago, the 4 of us are out driving and a Stones song comes on the radio. Naturally, I turn up the volume and start singing and my girls (in the back) are both Charlie as they break out their air drum kits. I can't remember what song or line it was but outta the blue my wife sings - "sex and drugs" (thinking those are the lyrics)! LMAO, I look over and say "what-in-the-hell was that!". She says, I don't know - it's what I think of when I hear the Stones!!

"Hint, hint.." I say.

August 10th, 2004 11:45 AM
rogerriffin
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

Are you in the correct... i`m 22 and my girlfriend thinks that this is an vicious, very bad vicious...