ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SS's Blues Weed Return to archive
August 4th, 2004 12:16 PM
Zeeta Hi can anyone sort me out with this? I never sorted myself out with one and always meant to.

B&P or trade etc - I live in UK so I suppose that would suit best.

Excellent weather here as well! 30C!
August 4th, 2004 12:18 PM
jb Thanks SS!!!!
August 4th, 2004 01:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot The premise of a weed is for the music to be given away for free. No B&P or trades required.

Here is how it works.

Let's say I offer a Howlin' Wolf show from 1964 as a weed. I would post something like this:

"I am offering Howlin Wolf 6/23/1964 to the first 3 people who contact me with a mailing, and are willing to make copies for 3 additional people."

I then send the show to the first 3 people to respond. Then, when they receive the show, they make the same offer to pass the show on to others.

The cycle continues until no one is responding to offers. Usually within 2 weeks of the offer, most everyone has a copy who wants one.

It is very very poor manners to accept a weeded show, and then not offer to pass it on. In fact, if you do it in one of my weeds, I'll call you on it, and exclude you from future weeds. If no one takes you up on the offer, you have still kept your end of the bargain.

Mac Daddy does something called a vine. This is a little different from a weed in that with a vine, the original discs are sent down the list to the next person after you make your copies from them. In other words, you don't make copies for anyone other than yourself. The good side to this is that everyone should get a nice clean copy to do a burn from. The bad side is that a vine can take months to complete. I was in a U2 vine once, at number 8 on the list. I still did not have discs after 5 months. When the discs finally arrived, they were in such bad shape that I could not copy them.

Some people do simple B&P offers. MRD8 makes DVD B&P offers here all the time. These are the simplest free music offers. All you do is send the required amount of blanks, along with a postage paid return mailer to the person who made the offer. They copy the music onto your blanks, pop 'em into your mailer, and send 'em back to you.

Trees are a whole different animal. I don't really have time to explain a tree right now. If you want trees explained, let me know and I'll get to it later.

Hope this helps.
August 4th, 2004 01:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot It just occurred to me that you may have been asking for a copy of the JLH Bedroom Boogie weed that I did a while back, and I misunderstood.

I can always make a copy for you. PM me and we'll work it out.
August 4th, 2004 10:04 PM
violentkind I could send a copy of the JLH cd.
August 5th, 2004 01:12 AM
Egbert Free weed?!?!?
August 5th, 2004 04:37 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
It just occurred to me that you may have been asking for a copy of the JLH Bedroom Boogie weed that I did a while back, and I misunderstood.

I can always make a copy for you. PM me and we'll work it out.

Yeah that's it man! PM on its way...
August 6th, 2004 04:14 PM
violentkind
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Free weed?!?!?

Yes.
PM me.