ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Defy these MF'ers 8/5/04: Rolling Bones Return to archive
August 3rd, 2004 10:26 PM
The Rolling Bones Attention all street fighting men & women:

Send a defiant message to these MF'ers, orange alert or not and come out and party in New York City this thursday night August 5th...while you're out stop by the Red Lion for the Rolling Bones at 11, a non-stop marathon 2 hour set...

Summer in the city baby!

The Rolling Bones
www.rollingbones.org
August 5th, 2004 05:42 AM
crb69 Hey, I used to front a Stones band called Midnight Rambler back in '94. I sang & played lead guitar. It lasted for a little while, only thing was I was 6'2" & about 250 lb. back then. Would have looked funny in the '72 jump suit!

There was an authentic Stones band back then called VooDoo Lounge. They had the look and close sound but didn't jam like we did. We played the Ya-Ya's version of Rambler with Low Rider thrown in the middle. Our harp player & I would duel back and forth. Some folks got it. I used to do a kick ass '73 version of Heartbreaker!

Good luck to you mate!
August 7th, 2004 01:37 PM
The Rolling Bones 72 jump suit = scary, in my opinion you should not be in that unless you're Mick Jagger himself and it's 1972.

73 heartbreaker = nice! we stick to the record; that's a number we enjoy doing, but *always* seem to forget to add...(we usually don't make a setlist, we just carry around the master song list off our website, and play what's appropriate given crowd response)...and that 1 minor - 4 minor progression for the solo, as a guitarist you have many choices to color that in so many directions.

where u from? if you're ever in NYC during one of our gigs be sure & introduce yourself, that way we can shove a mic in your face

-the rolling bones
www.rollingbones.org

PS: Set from 8/5 (a great crowd, tons of stones fans, beautiful women and a great vibe...thanks to all for comin out!)
Jumpin Jack
Rocks Off
Start Me Up
Not Fade Away
Honky Tonk
Brown Sugar
Sway
Paint It Black
Can't You Hear Me Knockin
Starfucker
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction
Sweet Virginia
Sympathy
Let's Spend the Night Together
Shattered
Loving Cup
Midnight Rambler
19th Nervous Breakdown
August 8th, 2004 09:42 AM
crb69 Hey, cool set list man! I'm from NJ, only about 40 min. train ride from the city. I never wore the jump suit, that was just a joke a buddy of mine always said. I'm a big guy who sounds like Jagger but never looked like him. As far as Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo I just played an extended solo with wah, we didn't do the whole Billy Preston jam at the end...

I'll have to tell some friends of mine about you guys and maybe take a trip into the Big Crapple to "Roll some Bones"! How long have you been together jamming Stones covers & were you always named Rolling Bones?

August 8th, 2004 02:56 PM
The Rolling Bones Definitely! "it'll be worth the trip"...on of our favorite places to gig is at the Red Lion on Bleecker, you've got NYU students who weren't even born before the 81 tour shouting the words along to "Loving Cup"!!!

We were formed in 1992 by our current bassist Greg, keyboardist Guy & former guitarist/bandleader Bill ..we've had our current lineup since 1999...we've always and only been known as The Rolling Bones

If you get a chance check out the website, www.rollingbones.org in the "about the band" section, gives as much as we can remember history of us.

Be good dude!
August 9th, 2004 01:29 AM
glencar Let us know about your next NYC appearance please.