ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Get Well Charlie!

Back after Altamont with Shirley and Serafina - December 1969
© 1969, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archive

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Header, THANKS!! ==> Nico Zentgraf news Return to archive
July 14th, 2004 12:06 PM
Main Offender Thanks to the "unholy trinity" for posting a way to order this fabulous new book. I'll put in my order later today.
May I suggest that you leave it "available" for those who maybe missed it today. Thanks so much!!
July 14th, 2004 12:53 PM
Tom This is by far the best book about the Rolling Stones!
July 14th, 2004 01:08 PM
Main Offender Tom, have you got the previous books?? I don't have any of them,but this is a "must". I have so many books about the Stones, but they seem to be lacking in something. So, this one is already ordered!! I'm happy already.
July 14th, 2004 09:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Does anybody here know what about this book?

02 Olaf Reuthebuch/ Andreas Zimmermann: Words Of Wonder. Vol. 1 (1964 - 1976).
red paper, 1993. LOOSE-LEAF edition
July 14th, 2004 09:57 PM
AnitaX Words Of Wonder
Vol. 1 (1964 - 1976)
by Andreas Zimmermann and Olaf Reuthebach
all words that (mostly) Mick said between the songs, loose-leaf book, 294 red pages

================================
there are 1-4 volumes of the same sort going up through approximately '98

volume 5 is (mostly) Keith and Ron between songs
July 14th, 2004 11:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Main Offender wrote:
Tom, have you got the previous books?? I don't have any of them,but this is a "must". I have so many books about the Stones, but they seem to be lacking in something. So, this one is already ordered!! I'm happy already.

The best things about this is that they all are books about the Stones WORK as musicians, not whisper rumours, private life, just live and studio works. I agree the best books; THANKS NICO!

This was the header

Click the image and go!
July 15th, 2004 07:15 AM
Gazza >Does anybody here know what about this book?

02 Olaf Reuthebuch/ Andreas Zimmermann: Words Of Wonder. Vol. 1 (1964 - 1976).
red paper, 1993. LOOSE-LEAF edition

yep..its basically how AnitaX describes it! literally a transcription (or an approximate one) of Mick's between-song monologues down the years, with the purpose of identifying wrongly attributed shows down the years for tape collectors. (this is hardly a problem these days in shows of varying setlists)

Quite a bizarre project!
July 17th, 2004 12:03 AM
steel wls Are you gonna post 3000 reviews of this book?
July 26th, 2004 08:36 PM
corgi37 The header with Mick blowing out the candles, and Ronnie looking "manic" is originally from a book about the 75 tour. A large, green covered book with (i think) a dragon on it. With photos from Leibevitz and some Warhol stuff. Best concert pics i've ever seen.
July 27th, 2004 10:45 AM
glencar I recently bought "Fanfare For The Common Fan" which is a bunch of stories about fans of the Stones.
July 28th, 2004 05:37 AM
Gazza Is it any good? Have heard of it but havent seen it
August 4th, 2004 04:07 PM
jb ain't no party like a rolling Stone's party, cause a Rolling Stone's party never ends.
August 9th, 2004 01:44 AM
glencar Gazza, I haven't actually received it yet. I'm perturbed & disturbed as I placed the order in mid-July.

Joshy, why do you keep posting Tongue Lady's line everywhere? Are you fighting with her now? She'll kick your skinny lil ass.