ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Getty Images with very special thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (NSC) The Who east coast opening act announced Return to archive
15th August 2006 03:52 PM
Dan Peeping Tom, who recently put out the best album of the decade if not all time, will be opening some east coast shows. Quite a strange pairing. If it happens here, I might be tempted to spend WAY too much on tickets.

Sep 12 2006 8:00P
Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA
Sep 13 2006 8:00P
Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach Wantagh, NY
Sep 15 2006 8:00P
Ottawa, Ontario Cananda - Scotiabank Place Ottawa
Sep 16 2006 8:00P
Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden (Fleet Center) Boston, MA
Sep 18 2006 8:00P
New York, NY - Madison Square Garden New York, NY
Sep 19 2006 8:00P
Sep 21 2006 8:00P
Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
15th August 2006 04:03 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:
Peeping Tom, who recently put out the best album of the decade if not all time, will be opening some east coast shows. Quite a strange pairing. If it happens here, I might be tempted to spend WAY too much on tickets.

Sep 12 2006 8:00P
Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA
Sep 13 2006 8:00P
Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach Wantagh, NY
Sep 15 2006 8:00P
Ottawa, Ontario Cananda - Scotiabank Place Ottawa
Sep 16 2006 8:00P
Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden (Fleet Center) Boston, MA
Sep 18 2006 8:00P
Sep 19 2006 8:00P
Sep 21 2006 8:00P
Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center

Mike Patton kicks ass!
15th August 2006 04:43 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Mike Patton kicks ass!

I will take your word on it .

15th August 2006 04:45 PM
Saint Sway I will see the Who at MSG but will spend my time during the opening act at a fine drinking establishment.

life is about priorities.
15th August 2006 04:47 PM
Nellcote Peeping Tom, just the group that Pete "research" Townsend should have as a support act...
15th August 2006 04:53 PM
Dan
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Peeping Tom, just the group that Pete "research" Townsend should have as a support act...

Here is an account of some of Patton's escapades in a previous bands::

Hello FNM crew!

I'm just a week into this newsgroup. Thanks for the email so far guys n girls... I am a FNM/Bungle fan and damn proud of it! Glad to find a newsgroup focusing on IMHO the most original stuff out there.

Big fan of Patton... Voice and brain are top notch. I think he's the most diverse, talented poet/singer out there today.

But... has anyone in this newsgroup chatted about the fateful night in Buffalo, NY touring the Angel Dust tour (92 -93?)

WARNING: THIS POST MAY OFFEND THE SQUEEMISH. READ NO FURTHER IF YOU OFFEND EASILY OR ARE NOT 18. BETTER YET, GET OUT OF ALT.MUSIC.FAITH-NO-MORE AND GO TO ALT.MUSIC.BUSH OR SOMETHING SAFE LIKE THAT...

I saw the FNM - Helmut show at University of Buffalo that night - there was also a WUFX 103.3 The Fox birthday party going on at Jim Kelly's sportbar- Networks ( I Think).

FNM was killer. The band was so fuckin' tight and I was in shock over the simple rule that it is physically impossible to scream at the top of your lungs and then sing loud and clear as a bell, then scream bloody murder, then croon like Sanatra... but Patton was in solid voice
throughout the show.

They encored with Small Victory and Patton said "we gotta go... our drummer has to take a shit." I also recall Mike telling Jim to "Shut up" in the middle of a garishly sloppy solo in "Easy". (Was this a forshadowing of events to come???)

Show's over right? Well Fox radio's party is packed, but the only celebrity appearance they could get was Joan Jett....(tee hee).

A DJ friend of mine that worked there said they begged FNM (who was tired and less than enthusiastic) to make a guest appearance after their show that night. It was FNM's understanding that they would not have to perform, but the crowd egged them on to take the stage.

The crowd expected "Epic" or "Falling to Pieces", obviously no FNM fans were there, they were all heading home from the UB show, oblivious to the news of their appearance.

What the crowd got was "Jizzlobber"--- now at this point in my post, if this newsgroup has already talked this to death, sorry... if you don't know what REALLY happened, or never heard... read on... it's fucking hilarious...

"Jizzlobber" is, as we all should know, a dissonant, gutteral, screaming trip. This "Aerosmith" friendly crowd is in shock. To them it's noise... and they're quite confused over the band at this point.

Mike, midway through the song, drops trou.

Now, mind you, I've gone home with my girlfriend at the time, this info comes from the overnight DJ, just offstage and from a friend of mine who was there, three rows back.

Mike drops trou, his shorts are around his ankles and his T-shirt is barely covering mr. happy and the twins. The crowd is totally turned-off. A loud girl in the front row starts yelling at Mike, and he's screaming the song back to her, only now he's slapping his balls around with his other hand. Jim Martin runs behind him and shoves the
neck of the guitar between Patton's legs... it gets worse...

The boyfriend of the girl yelling in front, hurls a beer bottle at Patton, clipping him in the head and drawing blood. Oblivious, Patton, in classic form, Shoves the SM-57 microphone UP HIS ASS and starts hopping around the stage, pants still around ankles, blood on his face, with the mike cord flailing about like a tail.

The power is cut on the band, bottles are everywhere, and the Fox party is a disaster.

I remember the Fox openly bashing Faith No More for a solid week (which pissed me off), I remember it making news, claiming there were "lewd behavior" and "indecent exposure" charges filed against Patton.

Two weeks later, "Rolling Stone" had a clipping regarding the event, and although they hinted as to the nature of the incident... Mike Patton's only statement regarding the affair was a hilarious: "We had an absolutely great time, if they want to invite us back, we'd love to do it again."

All I can say is that to this day, I haven't seen the Buffalo music scene so shaken up.

My apologies in advance to any tid-bits of info I've left out... I can't remember the exact date.

In closing, the topic of conversation for the next two days between local bands and music fans was this: was it penetration or was he holding the mike between his cheeks?

Epilouge: The instruments the band played on was a local bands rig... and none were damaged. The outfitting sound system, INDIGO Productions, reportedly cleaned the mike and still uses it to this day.

15th August 2006 04:54 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I will see the Who at MSG but will spend my time during the opening act at a fine drinking establishment.

life is about priorities.

They are too rock for a geezer like you.
15th August 2006 04:58 PM
Saint Sway I am now scared to the point of trembling.
15th August 2006 05:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Peeping Tom, just the group that Pete "research" Townsend should have as a support act...

Nellcote ......................

I fear you are falling into the " Lugar " orbit .

This is not good and I am greatly and genuinely concerned for your well - being .

Trust me , you do NOT want to end up like TeleLugar , Perks or Fiji ( Lugar Lackeys who beckon at Lugar's every whim & call ............... Shiver ................. )

Kins !
15th August 2006 05:15 PM
Saint Sway Joey,

dont let the redundant Pete jokes get to you.

The Who still rock. Hard.

thats all that matters.
15th August 2006 05:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Joey,

dont let the redundant Pete jokes get to you.

The Who still rock. Hard.

thats all that matters.

Bless You Saint Sway .

You are much loved by Joey

15th August 2006 05:25 PM
Saint Sway thats an awesome picture of Pete.

The Stones could learn so much these days from The Who.... ck out Townsend. No hair dye. T-shirt. Jeans. Sneakers. Rockin out.

Keith looked so cool on BTB when he let his hair go gray. Thats how he should keep it! The dye jobs are silly. The silk shirts and glitter jackets are even sillier.
15th August 2006 05:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
thats an awesome picture of Pete.

The Stones could learn so much these days from The Who.... ck out Townsend. No hair dye. T-shirt. Jeans. Sneakers. Rockin out.

Keith looked so cool on BTB when he let his hair go gray. Thats how he should keep it! The dye jobs are silly. The silk shirts and glitter jackets are even sillier.

BEST WHO YET !!!

BEST STONES YET !!!!

Word .

15th August 2006 05:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:
BEST WHO YET !!!

Zack is the shit. He's the show.
15th August 2006 05:59 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
thats an awesome picture of Pete.

The Stones could learn so much these days from The Who....

Like picking out challenging opening acts.
15th August 2006 06:12 PM
mojoman
quote:
Dan wrote:

Here is an account of some of Patton's escapades in a previous bands::

i'm a bigger fan of george patton and his escapades
15th August 2006 06:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

Like picking out challenging opening acts.

agreed!

although I'm not as keen as you or Pete are on opening acts jumping around with microphones shoved up their ass
15th August 2006 06:22 PM
ShaneJazz Anyone else here going to the Boston show?
15th August 2006 06:27 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

agreed!

although I'm not as keen as you or Pete are on opening acts jumping around with microphones shoved up their ass

Unfortunately he never did this at any of the gigs I went to (Seen him with Faith No More, Mr Bungle, Fantomas and Tomahawk in addition to Peeping Tom). He might on this tour though because he saves the wildest behaviour for when he isn't playing to his own crowd.
15th August 2006 06:37 PM
Dan here are some live tracks I had on my computer. Eventually the full Costa Mesa set and the Gnarls Barkley headlining set will be put up on Dime

"Desperate Situation" (Marvin Gaye cover)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7E7C4B3B6B8FAFA2

"Five Seconds"

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C1A149D13D68F389

"We're Not Alone"

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=106439B86F785BAA

15th August 2006 08:53 PM
GimmeExile I gotta give the Who credit...that's a cool choice for opening act.

16th August 2006 05:44 AM
Jumping Jack I would like to give The Who credit, but it won't happen until they announce some shows in the south. They are now on my shitlist, and the only way off goes through Turner Field on Nov 25!!!
16th August 2006 10:20 AM
nanatod I saw Mike Patton and Peeping Tom a week ago at Lollapalooza in Chicago. He blew everyone away.

I had forgotten how great Patton and his bands were, as the last Patton band I saw prior to last week was Faith No More in 1995.

Having him open for the Who is a brilliant idea, because Townsend will definitely be at his best, trying to top Patton. Patton will bring out the Townsend of old.

If the Who can have dynamite openers like Mike Patton on this tour and Pearl Jam on a previous tour, how come we in Chicago got stuck with Antigone Rising when the Stones came through last year?
16th August 2006 10:27 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I would like to give The Who credit, but it won't happen until they announce some shows in the south. They are now on my shitlist, and the only way off goes through Turner Field on Nov 25!!!

Jumping Jack ......................

You play HARDBALL don't you ?!?! .. !!!!!!!

16th August 2006 10:54 AM
Jumping Jack Kins,

The Pete is tearing my heart out!!!
16th August 2006 11:15 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Kins,

The Pete is tearing my heart out!!!

That is our " Petey "

16th August 2006 11:21 AM
Dan Night 2 at the Hollywood Bowl is so wide open, so I think I will go to that one. Even though I was totally underwhelmed at the other 2 shows I saw there. I really wish they would play an indoor gig in LA.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)