ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Getty Images with very special thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tonight's Show in Valladolid Cancelled! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
14th August 2006 10:28 AM
Some Guy did this puppy sell out??
14th August 2006 10:30 AM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
did this puppy sell out??

38k seat venue-supposedly a 1k seats to be released today, so it appears to have sold well...
[Edited by jb]
14th August 2006 10:31 AM
Gazza 38,000 sell out apparently. All 4 Spanish shows sold great
[Edited by Gazza]
14th August 2006 10:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

The whole reminder of the tour is in danger! I predict all other shows to be cancelled.

I think you need to take up smoking again!
14th August 2006 10:39 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think you need to take up smoking again!

This cancellation is not good for gross .
14th August 2006 10:42 AM
Saint Sway Time to rename the Tour: "A Bigger Whimper"

cuz they're certainly no longer going out with a Bang
14th August 2006 10:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

This cancellation is not good for gross .

as I'm flying to London on Saturday and have three shows to see next week, its not exactly good for my bowel movements either...
[Edited by Gazza]
14th August 2006 10:47 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

as I'm flying to London on Saturday and have three shows to see next week, its not exactly good for my bowel movements either...

Gazza .......................

I kinda wish you hadn't said that ................

********* IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *********
14th August 2006 11:17 AM
LadyJane Jeez..give the guy a break.

The one thing we've all agreed on thus far was Mick's performance being 110%. He's HUMAN and 63 years old.

That said...I'd be very upset too. Fingers and toes crossed that he will be in tip top shape for the weekend. What a disappointment for the fans.

LJ.
14th August 2006 11:20 AM
jb Very sorry for our members in Spain or those that traveled to this show. Hopefully, London will not be effected like last time....I think Glencar was going ....Are these shows sold out Gazza?
14th August 2006 11:23 AM
Gazza might be a few singles or nosebleeds left, but both nights will definitely be a sell out when its the day of the show for sure. (110,000 tickets) However, I think AMEX released a few tickets recently in another one of those post-sale things, so they might have the odd one left.
14th August 2006 11:26 AM
jb Nice work....Boston, Giants, and Chicago still incredibly wide fuckin open...I really hope these are cancelled to avoid humiliation...(See David Beckham dismissal).
[Edited by jb]
14th August 2006 11:38 AM
Gazza for what its worth, the BBC's site states the UK shows wont be affected. However, its not clear whether its the BBC saying that as opposed to a band spokesperson :

Rolling Stones cancel tour date

The Rolling Stones have cancelled a concert in Spain after singer Mick Jagger was struck down by laryngitis.
The band were due to play a concert in Valladolid on Monday evening as part of their A Bigger Bang world tour.

But doctors ordered Jagger to rest his voice after developing laryngitis over the weekend.

Jagger said: "I always love playing in Spain, but unfortunately I have no other choice and I apologise to everyone who bought tickets."

He added: "I am very sorry to be cancelling this show."

The Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang tour will continue as scheduled at London's Twickenham Stadium on Sunday, followed by shows in Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff.

The veteran rockers kicked off their world tour in Boston in August 2005 and have since played to more than 4.5 million fans.

Last month the band announced further dates in the US and Canada, which will take them from Boston on 20 September to Los Angeles on 18 November.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4791667.stm

[Edited by Gazza]
14th August 2006 11:44 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Gazza wrote:

its not exactly good for my bowel movements either...

But then again: Could they get any worse?
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
14th August 2006 11:45 AM
jb My goal is for Boston and Chicago to be cancelled as they are not going to fill up like Giants eventually will...
14th August 2006 12:23 PM
jb http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/14/D8JG9J4G0.html
14th August 2006 12:29 PM
Some Guy Is it cancelled or merely postponed, are we deleted or abandoned.
14th August 2006 12:31 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Is it cancelled or merely postponed, are we deleted or abandoned.

It is cancelled and will not, in all likelihood, be rescheduled. That means another US show will be added(see gross)
14th August 2006 12:41 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

It is cancelled and will not, in all likelihood, be rescheduled. That means another US show will be added(see gross)

WHY no So Florida show???

LJ.
14th August 2006 12:42 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

thanks
14th August 2006 12:43 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

WHY no So Florida show???

LJ.

They seem to be avoiding the South for the most part this tour. Loisville seems to be the only real big southern show-and as of 12:42 EST, has still not come close to selling out(but better than Boston, NY, and off course, Chicago).
14th August 2006 12:47 PM
LadyJane You are gonna rub Chicago in my face until the day of the show aren't you???

I may try for Atlantic City as it is on a Friday.

LJ.
14th August 2006 12:49 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
You are gonna rub Chicago in my face until the day of the show aren't you???

I may try for Atlantic City as it is on a Friday.

LJ.

You should have a summitt where a show sells out...AC would be a better choice imo.....but enjoy...37-41k is still not that bad...
14th August 2006 12:52 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
jb wrote:
My goal is for Boston and Chicago to be cancelled as they are not going to fill up like Giants eventually will...

your views are sorely misplaced on this score
14th August 2006 12:54 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

your views are sorely misplaced on this score

I am sorry Jizz, but Bostoin looks incredibly weak at this time...much like a Cane /Famu game.
14th August 2006 01:01 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

You should have a summitt where a show sells out...AC would be a better choice imo.....but enjoy...37-41k is still not that bad...

Your invitation to join us will remain open.

Parmeda, myself and other members of the ROCC would love to sing Happy Birthday to you.

LJ.
14th August 2006 01:05 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Your invitation to join us will remain open.

Parmeda, myself and other members of the ROCC would love to sing Happy Birthday to you.

LJ.

I will attend AC ...Chicago is tough as it is mid week and also on my birthday. Please, no liquid on the planes...
14th August 2006 01:23 PM
pdog I will not travel outside of Calif. for this leg of the tour. The Stones are too old and the possibility of shows being cancelled at any moment is too much of a risk.
14th August 2006 01:27 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
I will not travel outside of Calif. for this leg of the tour. The Stones are too old and the possibility of shows being cancelled at any moment is too much of a risk.

Good point!!!!
14th August 2006 01:55 PM
littleT&A they can't do that.. :-(

http://www.nortecastilla.es/interactivo/imagenes_galerias/cancelacion_concierto/imagen_del_dia15.htm
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)