ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Getty Images with very special thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tonight's Show in Valladolid Cancelled! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
14th August 2006 08:52 AM
Gazza Just got a text from Paulywaul who is outside the stadium in Valladolid where he was supposed to collect his tickets for tonight's show. Security have told him there's no ticket colelction because the show has been postponed and that he should refer to the radio or internet for more info.

Nothing on rs.com so far (quel surprise!). Just wondered if anyone has heard anything?
14th August 2006 09:02 AM
JumpingKentFlash Sounds very strange. I haven't heard anything. What's up with IORR BTW?
14th August 2006 09:06 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
What's up with IORR BTW?

Seems to be only Tell Me and Hot Stuff thats not working.
14th August 2006 09:08 AM
stewed & Keefed Back on.

Valladolid Postponed

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,500847
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
14th August 2006 09:09 AM
Gazza was gonna post the same info on Tell me on IORR but it appears to be down

Dont see anything on the newswires about this. Who were the ticket agency for this show? Rs.com in their infinite wisdom shows the concert date as "event passed" and the link provided on IORR for buying tickets - www.elcorteingles.es - doesnt seem to show anything regarding ticket sales
14th August 2006 09:11 AM
JumpingKentFlash OK, thanks. Carlitos Baez knows something about the topic in hand it seems... (The cancellation).
14th August 2006 09:12 AM
JumpingKentFlash Carlitos Baez on IORR says this:

Due to Sore throat of Jagger the concert is Cancelled
Just check wwww.Cadenaser.com
this is europa press link

VALLADOLID, 14 (EUROPA PRESS)

Fuentes del Gobierno regional confirmaron a Europa Press la suspensión del concierto de la mítica banda de rock The Rolling Stones que se iba a celebrar a las 20.30 horas de hoy en estadio José Zorrilla de Valladolid.

Al parecer, el cantante y líder de la banda británica, Mick Jagger, sufre una afonía que le impide actuar esta noche en Valladolid
stewed & Keefed http://www.cadenaser.com/articulo/cultura/Rolling/Stones/suspenden/concierto/afonia/Mick/Jagger/csrcsrpor/20060814csrcsrcul_1/Tes/

Los Rolling Stones suspenden su concierto por afonía de Mick Jagger

Desde hace 20 días ya no había hoteles disponibles en una ciudad volcada

14-08-2006 AGENCIAS

Esta noche a las 22:00 horas los más de 38.000 incondicionales que se iban a dar cita en el estadio José Zorrilla no podrán disfrutar de la música de los Rolling Stones. Una afonía del líder de la banda británica, Mick Jagger, le impedirá actuar. Desde hace 20 días no había ni una plaza disponible en los hoteles de Valladolid para poder ver en directo a Jagger, Richards, Word y Watts.

The Rolling Stones suspend its concert by voicelessness of Mick Jagger Since 20 days ago already there was not available hotels in a city overturned 14-08-2006 AGENCIES This night to the 22:00 hours the more than 38.000 unconditional that were going to give appointment in the stadium José Zorrilla will not be able to enjoy the music of the Rolling Stones. A voicelessness of the leader of the British band, Mick Jagger, will impede him to act. Since 20 days ago there was not neither an available plaza in the hotels of Valladolid to be able to see in direct to Jagger, Richards, Word and Watts.

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
Moonisup I really don't buy that sore throat story, bollocks
14th August 2006 09:18 AM
Gazza just spoke to Pauly and Beast and there seems to be a state of confusion as to whether the show is postponed or cancelled. There is gossip that it may be postponed for 24 hours (in which case, I think El Ejido would have to be postponed for a day also)
14th August 2006 09:19 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I really don't buy that sore throat story, bollocks

The whole reminder of the tour is in danger! I predict all other shows to be cancelled.
14th August 2006 09:26 AM
stewed & Keefed Mick Jagger has laryngitis.

http://www.elpais.es/articulo/cultura/Suspendido/concierto/Rolling/Stones/Valladolid/afonia/Mick/Jagger/elpporcul/20060814elpepucul_1/Tes/
14th August 2006 09:27 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

The whole reminder of the tour is in danger! I predict all other shows to be cancelled.

Don't be a fool. They do this sort of thing every tour (Remember the laryngitis thing on Licks, and the tax thing in 1998)?
14th August 2006 09:33 AM
Gazza I've never known anyone else develop so many sore throats/bouts of 'flu in August
14th August 2006 09:40 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I've never known anyone else develop so many sore throats/bouts of 'flu in August

How many is it by now? 2 or 3?
14th August 2006 09:41 AM
Jeep Mick lost his voice...

http://www.nortecastilla.es/20060814/cultura/rolling-stones-comienzan-valladolid_200608141043.html

According french people in Porto last saturday, Mick got a big voice problem during Midnight Rambler.
14th August 2006 09:45 AM
Moonisup poor old mick,
14th August 2006 09:47 AM
Gazza if they cancel 4 out of 4 Spanish shows this summer (all of which were huge sellers), they'll be lucky if they are able to fill a bar there next year if they return

No chance of these shows being rescheduled in September. Keith has more important things to take care of, after all.
14th August 2006 09:50 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:
if they cancel 4 out of 4 Spanish shows this summer (all of which were huge sellers), they'll be lucky if they are able to fill a bar there next year if they return

No chance of these shows being rescheduled in September. Keith has more important things to take care of, after all.

It's a bitch for all the fans over there! And as we all know the stones love the USA more
14th August 2006 09:51 AM
Gazza The show in El Ejido on Wednesday would have been the 2,000th Stones concert incidentally had it and tonight's show taken place.

Now it looks like it will be one of the London shows (barring any further postponements)
14th August 2006 09:52 AM
PartyDoll MEG All I have to say is: Mick better get it together before Sunday!!!!!!
14th August 2006 10:05 AM
jb Wide open....
14th August 2006 10:08 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
if they cancel 4 out of 4 Spanish shows this summer (all of which were huge sellers), they'll be lucky if they are able to fill a bar there next year if they return

Thankfully Mick's slight ' illness ' and subsequent cancellation of another European Concert will not affect the upcoming one hundred and thirty - seven date " Mini - Tour " of the United States .

Kins !
14th August 2006 10:13 AM
Some Guy this is the cold and flu season.
14th August 2006 10:13 AM
marko Laryngitis in my ass! I bet,he doesn´t get one in usa.
14th August 2006 10:18 AM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
Laryngitis in my ass! I bet,he doesn´t get one in usa.

Hello Baby Marko .................

14th August 2006 10:19 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
this is the cold and flu season.

Funny !

Good Postin' this morning
14th August 2006 10:19 AM
GotToRollMe Wow. Cancelled/postponed the day of show? That's way beyond fucked up. I feel awful for all those fans. Imagine buying tickets, traveling, getting a hotel, etc., etc., etc., only to have the gig cancelled the day of show? It was bad enough when they cancelled all those European dates when Keith had his little tumble, but this takes the cake.

I mean, hey, if Mick has laryngitis, there's not a whole hell of a lot they can do about it (except maybe to postpone the gigs to other dates), but still, this is a major fuckup. Have a heart, fellas! Jeez...

14th August 2006 10:22 AM
Gazza PRESS RELEASE ON RS.COM

08.14.06 Stones Forced To Cancel Valladolid Concert
Madrid, Spain

The Rolling Stones have been forced to cancel their concert tonight in Valladolid, Spain. Following doctor's advice, singer Mick Jagger has been ordered to rest his voice after developing laryngitis over the weekend.

"I am very sorry to be cancelling this show", said Mick Jagger today. "I always love playing in Spain, but unfortunately I have no other choice and I apologise to everyone who bought tickets for tonight."

The cancelled concert was originally scheduled for Monday, August 14 in Valladolid.

All tickets will be refunded from point of purchase.
14th August 2006 10:27 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
PRESS RELEASE ON RS.COM

08.14.06 Stones Forced To Cancel Valladolid Concert
Madrid, Spain

The Rolling Stones have been forced to cancel their concert tonight in Valladolid, Spain. Following doctor's advice, singer Mick Jagger has been ordered to rest his voice after developing laryngitis over the weekend.

"I am very sorry to be cancelling this show", said Mick Jagger today. "I always love playing in Spain, but unfortunately I have no other choice and I apologise to everyone who bought tickets for tonight."

The cancelled concert was originally scheduled for Monday, August 14 in Valladolid.

All tickets will be refunded from point of purchase.

1k seats were to be released today for the show............
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)