ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Getty Images with very special thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rocks Off appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th August 2006 11:49 AM
Jair The question is, why I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming, I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping???

Rocks Off, the lyrics:

I hear you talking when I'm on the street,
your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak.
What's the matter with the boy?
He don't come around no more,
is he checking out for sure?
Is he gonna close the door on me?

And I'm always hearing voices on the street,
I want to shout, but I can't hardly speak.
I was making love last night
to a dancer friend of mine.
I can't seem to stay in step,
'cause she come ev'ry time that she pirouettes over me.

And I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming,
I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping.

I'm zipping through the days at lightning speed.
Plug in, flush out and fire the fuckin feed.
Heading for the overload,
splattered on the dusty road,
kick me like you've kicked before,
I can't even feel the pain no more.

But I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming,

Feel so hypnotized, can't describe the scene.
Feel so mesmerized all that inside me.
The sunshine bores the daylights out of me.
Chasing shadows moonlight mystery.
Headed for the overload,
splattered on the dirty road,

12th August 2006 12:20 PM
roadster32 "fire the fuckin feed"

I think the correct lyrics are

"fight, fuck and feed"
12th August 2006 12:58 PM
Jair
quote:
roadster32 wrote:
"fire the fuckin feed"

"fight, fuck and feed"

According the booklet from a Jap edition, the correct is as follow:

(...)
Plug in, flush out and fight
and fuck and feed
heading for the overload
(...)

12th August 2006 01:29 PM
roadster32 correct

just forgott the ands
sorry
12th August 2006 01:31 PM
pdog I hate it when every thread is political!

OR

OR

12th August 2006 01:35 PM
egon Rocks off,

best messageboard ever!
12th August 2006 01:46 PM
Bitch I was making love last night
'cause she cums ev'ry time that she pirouettes over me.

My favorite part of the song!
I want to piroette over MICK!
Oh yeah! ROCKS OFF rocks! I was lucky to hear it in Philly and again in NY. Hope they add this back onto the setlist soon! Great tune! Mesmerizing!

Always get em off, get em off, always get em off
12th August 2006 01:46 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:
I hate it when every thread is political!

OR

OR

My Lord!!... Please add a few more Pdog.. Whatever it takes to get your Rocks OFF!!
12th August 2006 01:55 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
roadster32 wrote:
"fire the fuckin feed"

"fight, fuck and feed"

That's nonsense...it's fire the fuckin' feed...guitar heroes get it
12th August 2006 02:34 PM
RollingstonesUSA
12th August 2006 04:08 PM
Jair plezz, an answer to my question?
why I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming,
while I'm sleeping???

Help, Voodoo!!! Wake up, hombre de dios!
12th August 2006 04:16 PM
MrPleasant How about "The Socks Off Appreciation Thread"?

Think about it: I can jump in my bed and kick some pillows. It'll be hilarious!
12th August 2006 04:59 PM
FrankiePeppers I thought it was "find the fucking feed"; as in the wires going to the amps/soundboard.

To answer Jair's question, maybe what the narrator is dreaming about is better than what he's getting?
12th August 2006 05:36 PM
Jair
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
I thought it was "find the fucking feed"; as in the wires going to the amps/soundboard.

To answer Jair's question, maybe what the narrator is dreaming about is better than what he's getting?

Yes!!! Thanks. Good point, much likely you right.
Thanks again!
12th August 2006 07:09 PM
Nasty Habits Considering the lyrics were not written by a guitar hero, I am pretty sure it's fight and fuck and feed, three things that the narrator implies no longer get his rocks off. Remember, those lines come at the key point in the song where he has the daylights bored out of him.

Since this IS Exile on Mainstreet we are talking about, and since Rocks Off is the opening track on an album that's going to be the most memorable catalog of excess and decay known to man, the singer is admitting that his exploits in the real world have jaded him to the point where reality is a crock of shit and his fantasies are the only thing that matters.

And that, Jair, is why he only gets his rocks off when he's dreaming.
[Edited by Nasty Habits]
12th August 2006 07:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Considering the lyrics were not written by a guitar hero, I am pretty sure it's fight and fuck and feed, three things that the narrator implies no longer get his rocks off. Remember, those lines come at the key point in the song where he has the daylights bored out of him.

Since this IS Exile on Mainstreet we are talking about, and since Rocks Off is the opening track on an album that's going to be the most memorable catalog of excess and decay known to man, the singer is admitting that his exploits in the real world have jaded him to the point where reality is a crock of shit and his fantasies are the only thing that matters.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]

That makes no sense whatsoever coming on the heels of "plug in flush out" which I thought, were production/guitar amp terms...not to mention, every recitation I've ever seen lists it as "fire the fuckin' feed"...and those lyrics come quite a bit before the daylights bore the shit out of him...now I have to listen to this song yet again

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
12th August 2006 07:23 PM
Jair
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Considering the lyrics were not written by a guitar hero, I am pretty sure it's fight and fuck and feed, three things that the narrator implies no longer get his rocks off. Remember, those lines come at the key point in the song where he has the daylights bored out of him.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]

Great explanation, Now the things are clear. Many thanks for your time, pal.
13th August 2006 02:15 AM
Starbuck let's face it. about 25% of the lyrics on exile are actually distinguishable. that's what makes it such a great album: its open to interpretation.
13th August 2006 02:34 AM
The_Worst
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That's nonsense...it's fire the fuckin' feed...guitar heroes get it

I agree!! That's what I always thought Mick was saying also!!
13th August 2006 06:34 AM
Mathijs Put the Virgin remaster on with headphones and you clearly hear "fight and fuck and feed".

By the way, that Voodoo Lounge version is dreadfully lame if you compare it to the original track.

Mathijs
13th August 2006 08:25 AM
Bitch
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

And that is why he only gets his rocks off when he's dreaming.

Good point, but reality does matter, although it may not be what you really want. Funny coming from guys you would think can have anything they want in life! But in a fantasy life you can have it any way you like it, so it's better than real life.

There are times when reality and fantasy cross over, that's when life gets interesting! Rocks Off!
14th August 2006 10:38 PM
Kilroy
quote:
Jair wrote:
The question is, why I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming, I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeping???

Rocks Off, the lyrics:

I hear you talking when I'm on the street,
your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak.
What's the matter with the boy?
He don't come around no more,
is he checking out for sure?
Is he gonna close the door on me?

And I'm always hearing voices on the street,
I want to shout, but I can't hardly speak.
I was making love last night
'cause she come ev'ry time that she pirouettes over me.

And I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming,

I'm zipping through the days at lightning speed.
Plug in, flush out and fire the fuckin feed.
Heading for the overload,
splattered on the dusty road,

Feel so hypnotized, can't describe the scene.
Feel so mesmerized all that inside me.
The sunshine bores the daylights out of me.
Chasing shadows moonlight mystery.
Headed for the overload,
splattered on the dirty road,

I love it, always have, always will!
[Edited by Kilroy]
15th August 2006 02:42 PM
Bitch ROCKS OFF is the best RS Messageboard on the net!

Oh yes, it's a fact, I've tried them all.

ROCKS OFF has the coolest STONES people, no topic is taboo, no post too outrageous, no opinion is considered wrong, pics are welcomed, and best of all it's funny! LMAO many times here. Love it!
15th August 2006 03:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jair wrote:
plezz, an answer to my question?
why I only get my rocks off while I'm dreaming,
while I'm sleeping???

Help, Voodoo!!! Wake up, hombre de dios!

I sense that I may have a new signature before this thread is finished....
15th August 2006 08:53 PM
stonedinaustralia i'm with "fight and fuck and feed" school - nasty expalins it well

the "plug in, flush out" line i always took as a reference to intravenous drug use - you can't always assume that mick wrote all the lyrics for the song
15th August 2006 09:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
i'm with "fight and fuck and feed" school - nasty expalins it well

the "plug in, flush out" line i always took as a reference to intravenous drug use - you can't always assume that mick wrote all the lyrics for the song

After 30+ years of lyrics lists we're re-writing this song because of Nasty and some Japanese booklet?...yeah like dem' two ain't made no spelling errors befur
15th August 2006 09:32 PM
stonedinaustralia hey feej - that's what it sounds like to me ..anyway isn't that part of the attraction of exile generally - not only are the vocals mixed down in what is a generally a "muddy" sounding mix but jagger further confuses the issue with his poor articulation as well as no lyric sheet on the record -

as an aside i always thought it was cool that the stones never put lyric sheets in their records and was diappointed when they started doing it (Undercover - i think) - it took some of the mystery out of it

as mick once said - quoting fats domino - "you should never sing the words too clearly"
15th August 2006 09:40 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Bitch wrote:
ROCKS OFF is the best RS Messageboard on the net!

Oh yes, it's a fact, I've tried them all.

ROCKS OFF has the coolest STONES people, no topic is taboo, no post too outrageous, no opinion is considered wrong, pics are welcomed, and best of all it's funny! LMAO many times here. Love it!

I concur with you Bitch! This is the most user friendly board out there. PC does not play well here. That can piss people off at times,but at the end of the day we all have the one thing in common that binds us all,and that's the Stones. At times people take shit way too seriously around here and they leave in a huff. However,if your gonna shoot your mouth off be prepared to get some shit thrown right back in your face. Lord knows I have! The fact is that many of my favorite posters here have polarly opposite beliefs than I do on many issues,but we still know that we can have a great time at a Stones show or pub together. We have too! Hope that we can again! I will never sit across the street when RO members are so close! I will party with them politics and other petty bullshit be damned!

By the way it was great partying with you on Sunday! Have a great time in London,and don't forget my tee shirt!

Riffy
15th August 2006 09:41 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

After 30+ years of lyrics lists we're re-writing this song because of Nasty and some Japanese booklet?...yeah like dem' two ain't made no spelling errors befur

Thass te way this wicki world we live in works now, dawg.

Have you ever seen that lyric book/music book for Exile? I don't have one, but the lyrics are all kynsa effed up.

Given how much Jagger screws up his lyrics in concert I'd be willing to bet he couldn't help us decide this either.

But I really don't see how it makes no sense after "plug in flush out." Doesn't that line just mean "take drugs, take a shit, get hit, hit it, and eat, such is loif?"

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
15th August 2006 10:08 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Thass te way this wicki world we live in works now, dawg.

Have you ever seen that lyric book/music book for Exile? I don't have one, but the lyrics are all kynsa effed up.

Given how much Jagger screws up his lyrics in concert I'd be willing to bet he couldn't help us decide this either.

But I really don't see how it makes no sense after "plug in flush out." Doesn't that line just mean "take drugs, take a shit, get hit, hit it, and eat, such is loif?"

[Edited by Nasty Habits]

It made sense to me all these years...I was just spinning the vinly Fire (fight?) inaudible (the? or and?) the fuckin' (fuck?) and feed

Oh piss on it...I'm re-writing it all together

"Plug in flush out and fight...fuck and feej"
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)