ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Getty Images with very special thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone have outtakes and rare recordings 80-present? Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th August 2006 10:42 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Keith said in the 90's: "we have buckets of unreleased stuff". It's time for a new TY style release again, at least.

Hell Yes!....and soon!
13th August 2006 11:42 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Keith said in the 90's: "we have buckets of unreleased stuff". It's time for a new TY style release again, at least.

yeah and if they hadn't pulled the plug we might've gotten a glimmer of those had that they followed through on the Memory Hotel project in '99. plus weren't there all kinda rumors about mick and keef hooking up in barbados in spring of 02 going through reels of outtakes and even adding some overdubs???
14th August 2006 05:24 AM
Gazza There were tentative plans for an 'archive' release in 2002, only to be scuppered when (to most people's surprise) they were able to come to an arrangement with Universal/ABCKO to release a career spanning retrospective for the first time instead.

Some evidence is in 'Being Mick', filmed in 2001, where you can see masses of reels of old sessions in one scene.
14th August 2006 10:15 AM
marko
Some evidence is in 'Being Mick', filmed in 2001, where you can see masses of reels of old sessions in one scene.

And this will never see light of the day,not in a official
way.
14th August 2006 10:44 AM
Gazza betcha it will

wouldnt hold my breath, though....

Mick obviously had a reason for looking through 25 year old reels. I doubt it was because he was compiling a book on the history of Pathe Marconi Studios
[Edited by Gazza]
14th August 2006 11:56 AM
marko Or he just wanted to show them?You know publicy?He´s Mick
Jagger remember that mate.
14th August 2006 01:04 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Gazza wrote:
betcha it will

wouldnt hold my breath, though....

Mick obviously had a reason for looking through 25 year old reels. I doubt it was because he was compiling a book on the history of Pathe Marconi Studios
[Edited by Gazza]

LOL, coming soon to a theatre near you "Pathe Marconi Studios-the documentary"
14th August 2006 01:14 PM
aladdinstory Mick is adamant about keeping the Stones relevant, damning the past but I don't think he's doing such a good job of it these days. It is ironic, that the "band" with unargurably the deepest trove of unreleased material both live and studio has yet to release a box set (other than the Singles Collection). Of course Jagger may be banking on that for the next recording contract they sign, which would make sense to an Economics Major like Sir Mick. So even if a new Stones release may sell only 500K, he can dangle the carrot of "Boxed Sets" before the eager noses of any labels they negotiate with in the future. Perhaps meaning future Stones product at least midway into the 21st Century, or he may have it in his will for all the tapes to burned as his funeral pyre when he passes!
14th August 2006 10:09 PM
bwaudby Hi All.
I just tried to create my first torrent. It is from a cassette labeled "Rolling Stones Monitor Mixes May & June 89".
I converted the tape to wave files, and then converted them to flac for the torrent. Hopefully I have done it correctly. If not, please let me know.

Here are the tracks on the tape:
Sad, Sad, Sad
Hearts For Sale
Almost Hear You Sigh
Call Girl Blues
Continental Drift
Fancyman Blues
Blinded By Love
Hold On To Your Hat
Between A Rock (And A Hard Place)
- labeled as 'Steel Wheels'
Mixed Emotions
Slipping Away
Ready Yourself (No L/Voc)
Terrifying
Precious Love

The cassette was loaned to me by a friend who got a bunch of tapes from the widow of a member of the RS road crew, so they are authentic. I only received a few tapes to start, but hopefully there are more to come.

[Edited by bwaudby]
15th August 2006 12:27 AM
aladdinstory
quote:
bwaudby wrote:
Hi All.
I just tried to create my first torrent. It is from a cassette labeled "Rolling Stones Monitro Mixes May & June 89".
I converted the tape to wave files, and then converted them to flac for the torrent. Hopefully I have done it correctly. If not, please let me know.

Sad, Sad, Sad
Hearts For Sale
Almost Hear You Sigh
Call Girl Blues
Continental Drift
Fancyman Blues
Blinded By Love
Hold On To Your Hat
Mixed Emotions
Slipping Away
Terrifying
Precious Love

The cassette was loaned to me by a friend who got a bunch of tapes from the widow of a member of the RS road crew, so they are authentic. I only received a few tapes to start, but hopefully there are more to come.

wow! if you're on the level, it would be interesting to hear those tracks before they became all 80s overproduced and slicked down. (For Your) Precious Love and Ready Yourself, have been mentioned before but never released. Good timing with this! I'm surprised the cassette has held up for over 17 yrs
15th August 2006 04:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:
Mick is adamant about keeping the Stones relevant, damning the past but I don't think he's doing such a good job of it these days.

the entire Stones modus operandi regarding their released back catalogue as well as their continued reason for existence underwent a complete about-turn following the release of 40 Licks. Shows on this tour have been tailored towards the sort of audience who only know the band's material via that multi-million selling release, and any old material that doesnt feature on it is now fobbed off or sometimes introduced in concert (like "Sway" was on at least one occasion) as being "obscure", even if theyre from what were multi-platinum albums! A revisionist trend that has even crept into commercial releases, with them sanctioning the release of an album of "Rarities", which included songs that are still currently available on albums like "Stripped", which sold something like 3.5 million copies.

If anything, the current tour is supporting the "40 Licks" album even more so than the tour that immediately followed it.
15th August 2006 06:30 AM
charlotte Exactly! this tour should have at least 22 total(price of ticket)songs played per concert, in which min of 8 played off ABB nightly or the band should be sued for consumer fraud...Mick understands that kind of language...instead they rather have their henchman log on to the RO Tracker every other day to see if there is mischief that might cost them a dollar,pound,yen, ect.....
[Edited by charlotte]
15th August 2006 01:51 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
bwaudby wrote:

Sad, Sad, Sad
Hearts For Sale
Almost Hear You Sigh
Call Girl Blues
Continental Drift
Fancyman Blues
Blinded By Love
Hold On To Your Hat
Mixed Emotions
Slipping Away
Terrifying
Precious Love
[Edited by bwaudby]

If they're genuine Steel Wheels outtakes , than your in possession of something that A LOT of people are going to want to hear!!
15th August 2006 02:22 PM
GotToRollMe Bwaudby has uploaded it to the tracker under "RS Monitor Mixes" and Wooden has made some gorgeous artwork (see bit torent thread). Thank you, bwaudby!

15th August 2006 02:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

If they're genuine Steel Wheels outtakes , than your in possession of something that A LOT of people are going to want to hear!!

Listening to it now, and trust me you will.

This is the find of the decade
15th August 2006 04:52 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Listening to it now, and trust me you will.

This is the find of the decade

wow! it's that good?? very exciting.
15th August 2006 05:05 PM
Gazza If youre a fan of studio recordings, it certainly is
15th August 2006 05:21 PM
Saint Sway I thought the scene in "Being MIck" where he shows the box of tapes he makes a comment about not wanting to ever go thru them, no?
15th August 2006 05:32 PM
Gazza I think I was probably salivating too much at that point to hear him!

Fuck it, if he thinks the idea isnt worth his time, leave it to someone who appreciates their work to take care of it. He wont be short of volunteers.

I'll gladly take a year off from my job (if they match my modest salary to keep a roof over my head) to do the dirty work and delve into their archives for them.
15th August 2006 06:12 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Gazza wrote:
If youre a fan of studio recordings, it certainly is

i'm listening to Ready Yourself right now, already heard For Your Precious Love, downloaded those two first. And what can be said? FYPL would've been the perfect side 1 closer to SW, an amazing cover of that soul classic, a Jagger tour de force! RY at times sounds like it could've evolved into Main Offender's Eileen, except there's this sort of breezy Tropical feel to it not found in Eileen, Very nice.

On both songs the sound is crisp, very much like finished tracks, strong material and thankfully lacking the bloodless sound of SW, which always sounded limp to me. The more outtakes I hear post 83 onwards, the more I'm convinced the Stones never stopped creating memorable music comparable to their best, they somehow lost the ability to discern the wheat from the chaff, which is unfortunate.

Oddly enough I found the keyboards on both tracks of excellent quality as well, so it couldn't have been Matty C now could it??? My guess is its our good friend Chuck, there's no way ole Matty could've tinkled those ivory key slip notes played on FYPL.

Can't wait till the rest downloads!

Thanks to RO and most of all the poster, bwaudby for sharing this with us all...you hinted at more in your post, all i can say is bring it on!!!
15th August 2006 06:56 PM
Gazza amazin aint it that there were a few days ago saying this stuff wasnt circulating out there and then POOF! a kind soul appears out of nowhere and lays it on us.

Maybe we should try this approach again and see what works.

(cough...)

"has anybody heard the rumoured Complete El Mocambo tapes/ Stu memorial gig/Nellcote sessions/BTB outtakes/Marquee '62 debut gig/Crawdaddy '63 show that was sold at Sothebys/unreleased Black Box album......etc etc"
15th August 2006 07:22 PM
Mel Belli Downloading now - and foaming at the mouth.
16th August 2006 05:57 AM
marko Gary,you forgot,London 100club 1982!
16th August 2006 06:29 AM
Gazza I didnt want to appear TOO greedy!!
16th August 2006 07:22 AM
Zack Can some kind soul who's downloaded this put it on a CD and initiate a trade with me? Only dial-up internet is available where I live and I'm not allowed to install the software at work.

I've got some good stuff, upgrades from Frankfurt 73, for example.

Thanks in advance.

I'll be checking my PM anxiously.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)