ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Getty Images with very special thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones to play 60th Bday party for... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11th August 2006 11:40 AM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Howe can you miss someone that won't go away?

Replace "someone" with "herpes", and I think we will find that we all agree!
11th August 2006 11:43 AM
caro
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
More humiliation for the Bush Geeks. This is on par with the time Mick told George Walker Bush III to fuck off over the hotel room. Yup, its like an egg bagel to the face all over again. Howe much more can they take before they say something stupid?

I dig moonie
11th August 2006 11:48 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Come 2009 Clinton will be back sleeping in his old bed. Only this time around he won't have to get up and go to work. Just lay around and entertain guests all day. If Clinton stumps, with his heart in it, for Hillary the republican candidate is toast. There's noone can beat her....IF and I say IF ...Bill pulls out ALL stops and goes for broke, she'll win. If Bill is half hearted she won't. I guess it all boils down to how much Bill wants his old bed back.
11th August 2006 11:55 AM
LSTNT Yeah, Bill did a great job for Joe Lieberman.
11th August 2006 12:00 PM
telecaster
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Come 2009 Clinton will be back sleeping in his old bed. Only this time around he won't have to get up and go to work. Just lay around and entertain guests all day. If Clinton stumps, with his heart in it, for Hillary the republican candidate is toast. There's noone can beat her....IF and I say IF ...Bill pulls out ALL stops and goes for broke, she'll win. If Bill is half hearted she won't. I guess it all boils down to how much Bill wants his old bed back.

Hillary don't have a snowballs chance. She couldn't win one Southern state so she can't win the Electoral College

Men don't like women shouting at them all the time
11th August 2006 12:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Hillary don't have a snowballs chance. She couldn't win one Southern state so she can't win the Electoral College

She could carry the same states that Kerry did...+ Ohio....that state that Kerry actually won. I'm surprsed the dems didn't make an issue out of it. Florida in 2000 was a bit fudgy....but it's blatanly obvious that Ohio was stolen in 2004.
11th August 2006 12:30 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Come 2009 Clinton will be back sleeping in his old bed. Only this time around he won't have to get up and go to work. Just lay around and entertain guests all day. If Clinton stumps, with his heart in it, for Hillary the republican candidate is toast. There's noone can beat her....IF and I say IF ...Bill pulls out ALL stops and goes for broke, she'll win. If Bill is half hearted she won't. I guess it all boils down to how much Bill wants his old bed back.

intresting.
11th August 2006 12:32 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
....but it's blatanly obvious that Ohio was stolen in 2004.

I've never even heard this theory. Peg a link.
11th August 2006 12:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I've never even heard this theory. Peg a link.

OK. I read plenty about that. Be patient.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
11th August 2006 12:41 PM
telecaster
quote:

She could carry the same states that Kerry did...+ Ohio....that state that Kerry actually won. I'm surprsed the dems didn't make an issue out of it. Florida in 2000 was a bit fudgy....but it's blatanly obvious that Ohio was stolen in 2004.

The Dems didn't make and issue of it because there is no issue

Hit the "Twilight Zone" theme
11th August 2006 12:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels http://ohioelection2004.com/
11th August 2006 12:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
http://ohioelection2004.com/

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/121604Z.shtml
11th August 2006 01:22 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
http://ohioelection2004.com/

11th August 2006 01:47 PM
Dan
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Republicans keep saying that, only because they are scared to death she WILL win. Guess they want to intimidate the Democrats into nominating someone else.

As was stated previously she can win all the Kerry states plus Ohio. I will also add Iowa, New Mexico, possibly Florida and Colorado (the battleground state of 2008) to the list. It will be a tight election but I wouldn't rule her out as a sure loser.
11th August 2006 01:48 PM
Some Guy Bill as the first man, sweet!
11th August 2006 04:41 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Joey wrote:

Joykin,

Not only Bill was the best president you ever had - he represented the friendly, cosmopolitan and helpful face of America too. And in striking contrast to Mr. George Forrestgump Bush, Bill IS one of us
[Edited by Dick Bush]
11th August 2006 05:29 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Gazza wrote:

uh...as only one of them lives in the US, how can they be 'Republican'?

The 'rich bastards soaking their fans' bit I'll give you.....

Ronnie lives in Ireland, doesn't he?
Is Ronnie an Irish Republican?
11th August 2006 05:42 PM
telecaster
quote:
Dan wrote:

Republicans keep saying that, only because they are scared to death she WILL win. Guess they want to intimidate the Democrats into nominating someone else.

As was stated previously she can win all the Kerry states plus Ohio. I will also add Iowa, New Mexico, possibly Florida and Colorado (the battleground state of 2008) to the list. It will be a tight election but I wouldn't rule her out as a sure loser.

Please nominate Hillary. Men in Iowa, NM, Fl and CO don't like being shouted at either

We don't want anyone else as Hillary is DOA outside of NY and Burbank

Flyover country don't buy her act
11th August 2006 05:54 PM
glencar
quote:
east_river_trucker wrote:

Voter records show conclusively that there are two classes of people who vote consistently Republican - upper-middle class and the lower class. The upper-middle class vote Republican for economic reasons and the lower class for cultural reasons (since Nixon in a moment of political genius started the moral majority). they think Republicans will stop abortion, stop liberal stupidity, stop hollywood from making crappy music and movies, and start teaching creationism in highschools, etc - think Okie From Muskogee - the Merle Haggard song, which by the way is a great song. Whineing, ranting conservative talk show hosts may have America convinced that the despised spoiled rich out of touch well to do east coast ivy leaguers are liberal wackos who vote Democratic, it simply isn't true. The upper classes have always voted Republican and the lower classes (until the birth of backlash politics) have always voted Democratic. It was the political backlash caused by ordinary people really pissed off at the liberal excesses of the 1960s that have first put the Republicans back into power.

The Stones soak the middle and upper middle class because they cant soak the lower class. The lower class ain't got any spare money they can spend for a Stone's ticket, certainly not a 300 dollar ticket.

But I should point out that no one is holding a gun to anyone's head making them buy an overpriced ticket. Apparently someone thinks the tickets are worth that much, be they lower upper middle or whatever. And the Stones should by all means soak those people, if they so desire. But then they should take the critism like men and not put up the farce of supporting an economicly conservative former Democratic president.

Nixon started the Moral Majority? You have little knowledge of history.
11th August 2006 06:48 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Kind of like Who songs on TV commercials

Most of that money goes to the Moon & Entwistle Estates
11th August 2006 06:59 PM
glencar Those CSI shows all use Who songs. Not the crappy songs either!
11th August 2006 06:59 PM
Dan
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Please nominate Hillary. Men in Iowa, NM, Fl and CO don't like being shouted at either

Women got the right to vote almost a hundred years ago in case you didn't hear

quote:

We don't want anyone else as Hillary is DOA outside of NY and Burbank

I don't know anyone at all in Burbank who wants her. What do you know about Burbank?

quote:

Flyover country don't buy her act

I suggest you look at a map sometime.
11th August 2006 07:00 PM
glencar Actually, many women don't like Hillary either. She might win but I wouldn't bet on it.
11th August 2006 07:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:

Ronnie lives in Ireland, doesn't he?
Is Ronnie an Irish Republican?

LOL..funny. Entirely different context of the word (not to mention the fact that theyre nowhere near each other on the political compass), plus he's er..not Irish anyway...
[Edited by Gazza]
11th August 2006 07:07 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
Actually, many women don't like Hillary either. She might win but I wouldn't bet on it.

I am sure that. She is quite unlikeable. 40% of people polled absolutely will not vote for her. I think she can still squeeze by, after all, she only needs 271 votes and in the right circumstances I think she can get them.
11th August 2006 07:13 PM
glencar I don't think it's impossible but it's a mighty mountain for her to climb. She does have hefty cankles but is that enough?
11th August 2006 07:19 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
I don't think it's impossible but it's a mighty mountain for her to climb. She does have hefty cankles but is that enough?

I actually think getting the nomination will be tougher than the general election but it all depends on who the other nominee is and whatever the main issues and concerns in 2008 are. But as a party the Democrats are pretty screwed up.
11th August 2006 07:22 PM
glencar I think the nomination is hers to lose. Many of the others who are running are losers with a demonstrated lack of connection with even loyal Dems.
11th August 2006 07:26 PM
not bound to please
quote:
telecaster wrote:

They don't?
11th August 2006 07:42 PM
The_Worst
quote:

As a Republican, I pray Hillary gets the nomination. There is no way in hell that heartless bitch will win an election-even much of her base isn't thrilled with the prospect of her running.

The next president of the United States will be the former mayor of New York City. He has a very good chance of winning New York. If that happens it won't even be a race. It is impossible for a Democrat to win without New York. You heard it her first!!!
[Edited by The_Worst]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)