ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Getty Images with very special thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones to play 60th Bday party for... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10th August 2006 09:46 PM
MikeyC613 Bill Clinton?
10th August 2006 09:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Don't say Trump.
10th August 2006 10:47 PM
east_river_trucker Could this perhaps be a result of the critism they are takeing for being rich Republican bastards soaking their fans for every last dollar?
10th August 2006 10:50 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
east_river_trucker wrote:
Could this perhaps be a result of the critism they are takeing for being rich Republican bastards soaking their fans for every last dollar?

The Stones soak the middle and upper-middle classes, which I associate with Democrats.
10th August 2006 10:57 PM
east_river_trucker http://www.nme.com/news/rolling-stones/23872

And it is being filmed by Martin Scorsese?

I'm willing to bet a lot of money that Miss You will be played. Get it? We miss Bill Clinton. sad sad sad
10th August 2006 11:36 PM
east_river_trucker
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

The Stones soak the middle and upper-middle classes, which I associate with Democrats.

Voter records show conclusively that there are two classes of people who vote consistently Republican - upper-middle class and the lower class. The upper-middle class vote Republican for economic reasons and the lower class for cultural reasons (since Nixon in a moment of political genius started the moral majority). they think Republicans will stop abortion, stop liberal stupidity, stop hollywood from making crappy music and movies, and start teaching creationism in highschools, etc - think Okie From Muskogee - the Merle Haggard song, which by the way is a great song. Whineing, ranting conservative talk show hosts may have America convinced that the despised spoiled rich out of touch well to do east coast ivy leaguers are liberal wackos who vote Democratic, it simply isn't true. The upper classes have always voted Republican and the lower classes (until the birth of backlash politics) have always voted Democratic. It was the political backlash caused by ordinary people really pissed off at the liberal excesses of the 1960s that have first put the Republicans back into power.

The Stones soak the middle and upper middle class because they cant soak the lower class. The lower class ain't got any spare money they can spend for a Stone's ticket, certainly not a 300 dollar ticket.

But I should point out that no one is holding a gun to anyone's head making them buy an overpriced ticket. Apparently someone thinks the tickets are worth that much, be they lower upper middle or whatever. And the Stones should by all means soak those people, if they so desire. But then they should take the critism like men and not put up the farce of supporting an economicly conservative former Democratic president.
11th August 2006 03:08 AM
pdog Lower class go to the shows, they buy the extra tickets the upper middle class thought they would sell and make money off of!
11th August 2006 05:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
Could this perhaps be a result of the critism they are takeing for being rich Republican bastards soaking their fans for every last dollar?

uh...as only one of them lives in the US, how can they be 'Republican'?

The 'rich bastards soaking their fans' bit I'll give you.....
11th August 2006 06:09 AM
JumpingKentFlash They do soak the lower class. I belong to that class and I'm gonna see a concert and I have many albums. Of course, that's just me...
11th August 2006 06:12 AM
corgi37 And do you realise the date they play is not actually Bill's birthday.

It's Hillary's!!!

How freaky is that?

But, i digress.

The Stones are neither Dem or Rep. Why the fuck would they be? They are more Dutch.

But, i'd bet my wife's tits they'd be Nazi, join Al Queda, get Idi Amin re-incarnated and fuck Margaret Thatcher if it meant saving more tax dollars.

And, i respect that. It reminds me of the scene in Catch 22 between Art Garfunkel and the old Italian man where the old coot displays allegiance to no one, except himself.

11th August 2006 08:08 AM
sirmoonie More humiliation for the Bush Geeks. This is on par with the time Mick told George Walker Bush III to fuck off over the hotel room. Yup, its like an egg bagel to the face all over again. Howe much more can they take before they say something stupid?
11th August 2006 08:20 AM
chevysales i want to puke... sickening!
11th August 2006 08:29 AM
Nellcote Come To Gillette, forget Bubba!
11th August 2006 08:40 AM
not bound to please
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Howe much more can they take before they say something stupid?

I believe we RO people have the monopoly on that.

http://time.blogs.com/daily_dish/
11th August 2006 10:06 AM
Joey
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
Bill Clinton?

Greatest President in United States History .

Period !

" The Joey has spoken ...... nothing else needs to be said Ronnie "

Kins !
11th August 2006 10:13 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Period !

Kins !

The world misses that man.
11th August 2006 10:14 AM
east_river_trucker
quote:
Gazza wrote:

uh...as only one of them lives in the US, how can they be 'Republican'?

The 'rich bastards soaking their fans' bit I'll give you.....

Good point. But the economic philosophy is the same on both sides of the pond. Whatever name you give it. I live in U.S. so I call it Republican.

The Stones have been down this path before trying to appease their critics. Remember the free concert during the '69 tour? Or the attempt to keep ticket prices low during the '72 tour? Apparently this is critiscm they take to heart. They ignore musical critism and continue to put on ridiculous Vegas style big band live shows but really get hot under the collar when someone calls them conservatives. they run out and start giving "free" concerts, start supporting democratic politicians (who are out of office and conservative), start saying fuck a lot during live shows. See they ain't conservatives after all, they be down with the hipsters. I dont know what they call it in the UK, but it's called old fartism in US.
11th August 2006 10:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Maybe Clinton will jam with 'em. Better yet he can fill in for Bobby Keyes on the next tour.
11th August 2006 10:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
11th August 2006 10:41 AM
east_river_trucker
quote:
Joey wrote:

Period !

Kins !

"In politics a new breed of hacks had learned to win elections by couching their mountebankery in populist terms. George Bush scarfed pork rinds and, as advised by Lee Atwater, posed memorably with an electric quitar. Bill Clinton wolfed more credible junk foods, . . . Both presidents worked to continue the deregulatory thrust of the Reagan administration and to roll back the legacies of the thirties and sixties, with Clinton achieving the milestone repeals of the Glass-Steagall Act and the AFDC program and giving the business community its long sought "free-trade" deals with Mexico and China. . . . Despite Clinton's early posturing as a friend of labor, most of the new breed of populists were distinctly right wing."

pp. 41-42 of One Market Under God by Thomas Frank

The best president ever? I cant aggree. I would agree that he is probably the best president of my life time, but that ain't sayin much as the first president of my life time was jimmy carter. Clinton fucked the lower classes and by triangulating to win the election took the economic issue away from the democratic party, leaving them with nothing to run on but what was preceived as liberal wacko issues - ensuring their electoral defeat in future elections. He was a very competent president but also a scoundrel.
11th August 2006 10:46 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Joey wrote:

Period !

Kins !

Crazy talk.
11th August 2006 10:48 AM
Gazza
quote:

Good point. But the economic philosophy is the same on both sides of the pond.

Well, no it isn't. Although I agree in principle with the cynical stance you're taking on it!
11th August 2006 11:09 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
He was a very competent president but also a scoundrel.

That pretty well sums it up rather than complicate things too much.
11th August 2006 11:13 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

That pretty well sums it up rather than complicate things too much.

Scoundrel seems a little to nice and cheeky. I think there are better words to describe him.
11th August 2006 11:24 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

The world misses that man.

Amen Some Guy !!!!!

A " Friggin " Mens !
11th August 2006 11:28 AM
telecaster Howe can you miss someone that won't go away?
11th August 2006 11:29 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Howe can you miss someone that won't go away?

11th August 2006 11:31 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Amen Some Guy !!!!!

A " Friggin " Mens !

I dropped a duece
11th August 2006 11:33 AM
sirmoonie
quote:

The best president ever? I cant aggree. I would agree that he is probably the best president of my life time, but that ain't sayin much as the first president of my life time was jimmy carter. Clinton fucked the lower classes and by triangulating to win the election took the economic issue away from the democratic party, leaving them with nothing to run on but what was preceived as liberal wacko issues - ensuring their electoral defeat in future elections. He was a very competent president but also a scoundrel.

Whooahhhh, niggie. That was actually well written, thoughtful, insightful, and original. Trust me, you don't belong here at all.
11th August 2006 11:35 AM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

Clinton is kind of like Ed McMahon in that you can't get away from him as hard as you try. They both just won't go away

Kind of like Who songs on TV commercials
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)