ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary - MSG, NYC October 16, 1992
Jeff Christensen
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Heated Return to archive
08-13-02 01:49 PM
Moonisup Well it's very heated here between jb and the rest. honestly I agree with jb, I hate the beatles, but if someone is a fan of, ok fine with me, it's his loss. I wouldn't worry, where all people with different styles, I for one couldn't be a fan of the stones and beatles ore from the Backstreetboys and N sync, but there are who can!!! Well let's not go to deep. but let's keep peace on this board (on It's only r 'n' r is also a heated discussion going on between US and European fans). Let's say it's the excitement, because the first tourday is very very near

Moonisup
08-13-02 02:03 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Let's say it's the excitement, because the first tourday is very very near

I think you're right... I'm bouncing around in my chair everytime I hear Forty Licks mentioned, and tempers are flaring - ah well - it's a lost cause arguing the point as to what band is 'better', as we're all more than entitled to our own opinions (I think you can't compare the two - but that's just me). I'm just upset about being told I'm not a 'real' fan... what qualifies that? To like the Stones and no others? I like Clapton, the Who, some of McCartney and Harrison's solo stuff, Dylan, on and on and on - does that in any way lessen my love of the Stones?

Oh well... you're right about the rapidly approaching tourday! Even my father has heard about it - and that's a good sign... he owns *one* Stones album and never listens to it (Steel Wheels, he must have been taken by the press) plus Hot Rocks.

Go Stones go!

-tSYX --- There's no time to lose, I heard her say... buy those Orpheum tickets before they slip away...
08-13-02 02:07 PM
Moonisup [quote]TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

I'm just upset about being told I'm not a 'real' fan... what qualifies that? To like the Stones and no others? I like Clapton, the Who, some of McCartney and Harrison's solo stuff, Dylan, on and on and on - does that in any way lessen my love of the Stones?

Yeah you're right on that, this is aint a Nazi state, where everyone tells you to what to think!

Moonisup

[Edited by Moonisup]
08-13-02 03:09 PM
Gazza The Stones themselves were and are Beatles fans

Presumably,using JB's logic,that means that theyre not "true" Stones fans either?

Anyone who gets worked up about a "rivalry" from four decades ago with a band who havent recorded since 1970 is beyond help
08-13-02 04:10 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Presumably,using JB's logic,that means that theyre not "true" Stones fans either?

That's what I said... oh well... didn't seem to help.

-tSYX --- Everybody's trying to do the Wilbury Twist... except... well... everybody!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road