ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary - MSG, NYC October 16, 1992
Jeff Christensen
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the 4 new songs... Return to archive
08-13-02 05:11 AM
Jumacfly Hi guys, "le club des stones " reports the 4 new songs tittles:
Keys to your Love
Stealing my Heart
Losing my Touch (Keith)
Don t Stop

Well, i know the boys rehearse "don t stop" in toronto, a "start me up" look a like, but did they play another of these new songs??

Develloping....

***Midnight Ramblers FC rules**

08-13-02 09:19 AM
T&A I believe the Keith song has been rehearsed - someone described it as a bluesy ballad, reminiscent of Dylan's Just Like a Woman.....works for me.
08-13-02 09:37 AM
Boomhauer "Stealing My Heart" - my guess with just looking at the titled is that it would be a blues type number.

"Keys to your love" - would probably be a ballad.

Keith's song will probably be a ballad

"Don't Stop" -riffy rocker, baby!
08-13-02 08:14 PM
gotdablouse Interestingly enought the early "Start Me Up" that's been circulating for a couple of years has "Never Stop" as a chorus...
08-14-02 12:27 AM
T&A right....it started out as a reggae number with "never stop" in the chorus. Available on the Laid in the Shade collection....
08-14-02 12:54 AM
gotdablouse Actually the first two takes were the "rock" versions and then the next 20 were reggae, these are Jagger's very words when explaining how it made it on to Tattoo You. The "Never Stop" version that circulates hardly qualifies as reggae in my book though, so maybe it's take 1 !
08-14-02 06:56 AM
stonedinaustralia yes,it is exciting

on a personal basis, it seems like a major lifetime since their last release which was what '99?? (i lose track these days - and the cd's in the car)

another keith ballad is fine with me,... lets hope it's a good one - the comments re "just like a woman" are cause for optimism

i agree with comments by someone on another thread about "theif"...that cymbal sound is a bit over/under done but "how can i stop" (sound familiar?)is more than just great...

gypsy, i agree and disagree with your comments on yet another thread - emotionaly k's vocals are untoppable (sp? - is that a word?)... but imo he also has a wonderful voice - partly for that very reason...for me, k's high wild backing vox gave real menace to the stones' sound, particularly the early stuff

musically, insofar as feels and arrangements are concerned, i expect no real surprises from the songs but, by hell, i hope i'm wrong - i just hope it "sounds" alive and vital

i don't wanna be impressed - i want to be moved

bring it on

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-14-02 08:23 AM
Sir Stonesalot You know, how can any of us say that we won't be buying this thing. There are 4 new Rolling Stones songs on it. I absolutely MUST have it...the day it is released. Period.

I don't give a rat's ass if I already have all but 4 of the songs...I GOTTA HAVE IT.

08-14-02 08:55 AM
Jumacfly You re right Sir!!
and it will be great to have all these classics on two discs!
Sir, i ve readen in the press anouncement that the stones themselves have chosen the tracks...so , do you think that we 'll have , between the "classics" like JJf or miss you (boouh!!), a few surprises tracks, or will it be , as the beatles 1 , only hits singles?

only hits singles i guess, but the Ramblers goalkeeper and captain can t be wrong !!

Cheers

08-14-02 09:16 AM
Mr T too bad they won't have a lot of room for the post-70 gems. I'd really like to see what songs off Sticky & Exile make the cut. It's hard narrowing it down to under 3, but I don't think they have room for that much

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road