ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary - MSG, NYC October 16, 1992
Jeff Christensen
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: worst stones lyrics Return to archive
08-11-02 12:21 PM
sly Since there's a post on their best lyrics, how about the bands worst?

"I had the turkey and the stuffing too"

That's got to be one of the worst lines ever.
08-11-02 12:35 PM
padre Hot stuff
Hot stuff
Hot stuff
Hot stuff
Can't get enough
Hot stuff
Hot stuff
Hot stuff
Hot stuff
Can't get enough
That music is mighty fine
Hot stuff
Hot stuff
I can't get enough
I can't get enough
I can't get enough
That music is mighty mighty fine
Hot stuff
Hot stuff
Can't get enough
Hot stuff
Play it rough
Can't get enough

'Cause music is what I want
To keep my body always movin' yeah
Shake it up
Hot stuff
Ev'ry day I need another dose
I can't stand it when the music stops
Hot stuff

Everybody on the dance floor
You know what I'm talking about
Music make you forget all your troubles
Make you sing and make it tell the whole wide world
So what, hot stuff, shake it up

I want to tell all my friends in London
There ain't nothing wrong with you
But you'd better shape up
Shake it up, you're hot stuff
All the people in New York City
I know you're going broke
But I know you're tough
Yeah, you're hot stuff, hot stuff

To everybody in Jamaica that's working in the sun
You're hot, you're hot, you're hot stuff
Shake it up, shake it up
Hot stuff, hot stuff
08-11-02 12:43 PM
st0nesfan Worst ever= "Sharks will cry"
08-11-02 12:56 PM
Chico Ive never actually heard the song with "sharks will cry" but after reading that I must agree.Surely nothing comes close.Makes eminem sound shakesperian.
08-11-02 01:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot Tie.

Indian Girl & Emotional Rescue

I fart better lyrics with my morning dump.
08-11-02 01:06 PM
padre I hope you find it funny
that I got no money
but if you stick with me
you're gonna get some love for free

a classic!
08-11-02 01:32 PM
Staffan Haha, there are actually lots to chose from. I agree about Hot stuff and Sparks will fly.
I, obviously, care much less about the lyrics than you since I'm from a foreign country. It's always like that when I listen to english lyrics, I don't always listen to them.
08-11-02 01:41 PM
padre Yeah, the lyrics in Stones' songs are not THAT important to me either (I believe I live right next to you, Staffan). It's the groove that matters, baby. But I sure do hope that You Got Me Rocking had better lyrics to its chorus...
A good example on which is more crucial to Stones: lyrics or groove. Try reading these without thinking of the melody:

If you start me up
If you start me up I'll never stop
If you start me up
I've been running hot
You got me ticking gonna blow my top
If you start me up

Poetry, man!
08-11-02 02:01 PM
Staffan Then perhaps it's like that for all foreigners?? I think it's pretty good that way actually. It's much easier to get disturbed by bad lyrics being an English... So we're lucky.

And, Padre, I don't know if you are interested in sports, but I hope you noticed that Sweden has won 5 medals (3 golds) in the European Championships, so just wait till the Battle between Routsi and Suomi! Or "Finnkampen" as we call it! LOL!
08-11-02 02:57 PM
sammy davis jr. New Faces- The song is so cheesily bad, I haven't listened to it more than 15 seconds....but I know the lyrics have to suck. Also second the vote for "Sharks Will Cry"-WTF??!! "Brand New Car" is also brutally bad lyrically.
08-11-02 03:31 PM
Moonisup Every stones song is cool, ore for the lyrics ore for the beats behind it provided by R, K ore C
08-11-02 07:59 PM
Honky Tonker Lest we forget-"Back To Zero", "Undercover Of The Night", and, the worst of all, "Memo From Turner".
08-11-02 10:57 PM
missamandajones Emotional Rescue:

I will be your knight in shining armour
Coming to your emotional rescue
You will be mine, you will be mine, all mine
You will be mine, you will be mine, all mine
I will be your knight in shining armour
Riding across the desert with a fine Arab charger

Uh....NOT!!!!
08-11-02 11:31 PM
reid Well, the song itself isn't exactly serious, so the lyrics kinda work, but "She's So Cold" definitely has some cheesy lyrics. The following sums it up:

"Yeah, I tried re-wiring her, tried re-firing her
I think her engine is permanently stalled
She's so cold she's so cold
She's so cold cold cold
Like a tombstone
She's so cold, she's so cold
she's so cold cold cold like an ice cream cone
She's so cold she's so cold
I when I touch her my hand just froze"
08-11-02 11:54 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Honky Tonker wrote:
and, the worst of all, "Memo From Turner".

i know it's all a matter of personal taste and each to his own and all that but i'm curious as to what you see as so bad about the lyrics to "memo from turner"
08-12-02 12:27 AM
torn&frayed Must be that smaller piece of stick thing!!!
08-12-02 12:49 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy For Mick, the award goes to... hrm... Mick, like McCartney, has written a lot of really really *bad* lyrics along with the really really good ones. I'm going to go with a three way tie - "Emotional Rescue", "Sparks Will Fly", and "Back To Zero".

For Keith, sorry man, but "Thru and Thru"? That coulda been some great song, just like Voodoo Lounge coulda been some great album, but it's those huge near-misses like that one, "Blinded By Rainbows", "Suck On The Jugular", "You Got Me Rocking" etc., etc., that really bring out the clunkers like... well... everything except "Love Is Strong", "The Worst" and "I Go Wild".

Overall, the *album* with the overall worst lyrical content is Emotional Rescue, hands down - but its really the music on that one that brings it down to mediocrity, not the lyrics.

-tSYX --- And he said one word to me, and that was "I will Be your knight in shining armoah..." (The fact that it is not one word has long been debated by fans of Let Emotional Rescue Bleed, the bootleg from Fine Arab Charger Ltd.)
08-12-02 12:49 AM
padre Hello Staffan. I'm not that much into sports but the Suomi-Ruotsi battles are always a treat!
08-12-02 02:58 AM
blindedbyrainbows Need we forget that it was Voodoo Lounge that got the Stones their first Grammys, so I quess that was a real bad album!
08-12-02 04:36 AM
F505 She was hot: post puberal shit.
08-12-02 04:37 AM
gypsymofo60 I'm amazed nobody picked SILVER TRAIN..God! that song sucks!...Most of DIRTY WORK, crap! Actually I remember reading I think it was Landau's critique on STICKY FINGERS, and he really slagged 'em for the lyrics to MOONLIGHT MILE, particularly the head full of snow line. What's wrong with that?
08-12-02 06:37 PM
Honky Tonker To StonedInAustralia and others, the reason I don't like "Memo From Turner" is it's too much of the gay thing for a straight, southern, white boy like me. Also, the movie "Performance" sucks a big one. Looking forward to the tour though.
08-12-02 06:38 PM
Honky Tonker And, yeah, I do have a smaller piece of stick!!!???!!! LOL
08-12-02 08:49 PM
luxury1 the elephant's in the bedroom, throwing all his weight around"....
I don't get it?
08-12-02 08:55 PM
wkoetke One of their all-time worst lyric is from a song that's also one of their worst musically:

Rock And A Hard Place

Need I actually quote it? The verses and chorus are equally nauseating.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road